AleksM

How I Became Enlightened Fast And How You Can Do It To

207 posts in this topic

Just now, Shanmugam said:

oh Yes, definitely interested :). Please go ahead

I will write about it today, I want to relax now. You know I don't like much typing as I usually copy and paste. Let me refresh myself first.

@AleksM Now you know how spiritual schools are invented, by a desire to show everyone how they got enlightened, and making the completely arbitrary assumption that everyone is like you, and will get enlightened by this technique just like you.

Well, this is one hell of a way to become awakened ?

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

There is some truth in what is written. The method: stay in awareness is the same as Nisargadatta or Ramana would prescribe as the shortest way too. Some things also sound true. What seems very off (to me) is why would someone enlightened take such an interest in New Age bullshit? Channeling, Crystals, Frequencies, Subtle Realms, "Keys", siddhis, ... This does absolutely make no sense to me.

@Joseph Maynor  Ok got it... So what exactly is the reason for suggesting me to read epistemology? Just curious, because as I said, I couldn't understand your entire message (not that you were not clear, I am not familiar with some of those phrases)

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

Wow I didn't expect so much close-mindedness in the comments. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

@WelcometoReality

Haha.  Now, you may be the one asking the philosophical question here.  He was pretty clear in his post what he means.  And furthermore its in his head, and not communicable to you directly.

Yes indeed I am. :)

I don't think he was clear, his post is mostly about how he got enlightened but not what he means by it.

@AleksM please look at this video. And was there any side effects after the realization occured?

@AleksM Nice post dude. Can you share what type of literature has influenced your worldview? Have you read law of one or my big toe? 

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

@AleksM the technique of constant awareness resonated very much with me. I also believe this is key for fast spiritual growth. 

I think if you want to teach others what you've learned, you need to be very careful with what you write. Most people on this forum are more open minded than average, but still I don't think you should just blurt out everything you know.

I myself had trouble not dismissing everything you said in the second part with all the paranormal stuff and I consider myself to be extremely open minded.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

On 7/9/2017 at 5:19 AM, Shanmugam said:

But if you still think you have some strong convincing experience that led you to actually conclude with 100% certainty  (instead of thinking as a possibility) that psychic powers do exist, then I am very interested to hear that experience from you.

Karoi Village In (Rajasthan) Bhilwara is famous for some great astrologers. After I completed my engineering degree and I was looking for a job. So I visited a astrologer with my maternal aunt, who visited him once few years before. 

Astrologer was a young man , very good looking with large and shining eyes. He told us to sit down and wrote something on a writing slate with a chalk. Then he told my maternal aunt to ask question. My maternal aunt asked him a question. He told her to pick the slate on which he wrote something before question was asked, the answer for the question was already written on the slate. My maternal aunt told him that she visited him few years back. He told her the date and time of visit, questions asked by my maternal aunt and answers given by him. Dozens of people visit him every day still he remembered everything. 

He never charged fees for his services, people used to donate 5-10 rupees if they wish, it was not a compulsion. 

Then he rubbed the slate with a cloth and wrote something on the slate. The he told me to ask the question. My question was whether I will get a government job or not. He told me to turn the slate. It was written that I will get a job in private sector and then I will get a job in government sector, date of joining of both jobs were also mentioned. I asked him ,"do you practice yoga?" He replied ," meditation".

Few years later I found that everything he said was accurate.

When I was posted in Bhilwara city during my government job, I visited him once again but he was not using his psychic abilities now, he was telling future by asking date and place of birth, and he was not looking as graceful as he was looking before.

After I visited the astrologer with my maternal aunt, I discussed it with a friend in Bhilwara, he told me about another astrologer in a nearby village. He was a old man living in a hut, before asking him a question I said to him," should I tell you my date of birth", he said , "What's the need?", he wrote my date of birth on a paper. Then I asked him , "How can I achieve mental peace?", he said, "you are the first person who has asked such question", after this I discussed few other things with him. 

I was a hardcore atheist raised in atheistic family, but my belief in atheism shattered after few more such incidents. 

@Prabhaker But what has this to do with atheism? Or religion? I mean some savants like the rainman also have superhuman abilities, maybe this man has a very unique eye for reading patterns so he can predict faith.

It certainly is a very mystical experience!

Thanks for sharing, although a bit long :) 

You have awakened to the distinction between the actual self and thoughts. You have seen there is an ego, perhaps not yet exactly what it is.
This is an amazing tool on the journey. It is not "enlightenment", but appreciating the value of this insight is important.
It is a big step that should not be brushed away, and i myself once thought it WAS enlightenment. Until i saw more, and realized i am standing at the bottom of the grand-canyon and just opened my eyes, I still have to start my metaphorical climb. But at least we are no longer blind.

At first sight, there is too much belief, ideas, projections in your experience. Projecting concepts creates feelings of whatever you want, it is another layer of ego which is hidden still to you. Using imagination to visualize during mindfulness creates these illusions. You should be like water, and flow without effort into it. Let the mind not create anything in this space, because all it creates is from this world and a kind of veil over the true self.
Become life without effort of any kind, without any mind-projections, without any expectations or concepts.

Remember, beliefs are just thoughts, they are mind stories.
Its easy to imagine yourself into a blissful mental state, and think you've found the truth. But you are still just telling a story.
Feelings are created easily trough visualization, and all visualizations are hidden thought stories.

Or perhaps you are enlightened, who can say for sure...

@Outer  Your idea about causality and correlation clarified a few things to me. The first post after rereading again was poorly structured, I have made some changes, read it again. This are my results after completing my ocean personality test. I don't know what they were back than when I enlightened though. 

Open-Mindedness

High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.

You typically don't seek out new experiences.    (Your percentile: 58)

Conscientiousness

High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.

You probably have a messy desk!    (Your percentile: 3)

Extraversion

High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.

You are neither particularly social or reserved.    (Your percentile: 44)

Agreeableness

High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.

You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable.    (Your percentile: 55)

Negative Emotionality

High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.

You aren't particularly nervous, nor calm.    (Your percentile: 55)

@WelcometoReality  I am aware of awarness, whatever changes in my experience this awarness is still present. It doesn't go away. I am now grounded in this consciousness I don't have to force myself to be that.

@Flicker_boy What do you mean by literature? No literature really helped me in being enlightened. Yes a lot of it shaped my worldview but I don't know what your refering to, there are a lot of different literatures and I didn't read books at that time. I have read only articles and watched videos from masterful teachers. You can find a lot of information on the internet. At that time, I have actually read only ONE book aside from all of the articles and watched videos. It was from David Lynch - Catching the big fish. Listen to this talk of him talking about consciousness. It's also on YouTube.

https://www.tube10x.com/watch/yvB-faw1WvY/david-lynch-explains-consciousness-creativity-and-benefits-of-transcendental-meditation-tm.html

@Timothy Yes, I have used breathing as the main object of my meditation practice. When you drive your car you can still be focused on breathing, it's just mind blowing when you realize what your body can do when the mind gets silent. Don't try to control thoughts. When interacting with others, you can still be observing the breathing (when others are talking and your listening) and even if your about to reply, you can reply in a mindful way. The mindful way of replying to a person, is a bit slower, but not necesarrily. This is because you are not thinking anything ( your not thinking about what you'll say), communication just spontaneously happens at the right moment. For solving external problems at work or at home, you can still be mindful of your breathing. For solving such problems I recommend writing all thoughts down on paper or in Evernote. When that's not possible, talk to yourself (aloud speaking) and be mindful of the wholeness in which all content is happening. (see all of what you see as a Picture(like on a phone, when your detached from the content of the photo) all of the time - deep witnessing) Yes you can think  (hear mental sounds) to fix problems, but if your serious about what I'm suggesting here, I suggest that you do as little as possible of that for a few months until a big shift in awarness is easily recognizable.

I was not practicing any meditation practice when asleep. What I meant by 24/7 is that you have to be aware all of your awake hours. Yes, you can be even aware in sleep  (lucid dreaming, astral projection) but that's not what I'm suggesting here.

Well, I am 22 years old and became enlightened when I was 19 lol.

Yes, a serious intention to undergo this process is the first step, everything follows after that. Without that intention your consciousness expansion Will be slower.

Only the mind is afraid of dying. When you destroy the mind with what I'm suggesting here, you Will lose the fear of dying. For me the fear of living is  greater than the fear of dying. The fear of living is worse than the fear of dying

@zazed When I say that I'm enlightened. I am not talking about any state, experience, imagination, belief, this things just come and go. Since I became enlightened all those things changed a lot, but this awarness of awarness is still present. It doesn't go away. Whatever I do, it doesn't go away.

@AleksM You said you tried to be 24/7 aware of your breath for month. What were your life situation back these days? Did you have a girlfriend? Did you went to school or did you work?  What were your hardest situations in which to concentrate on the breath at the same time?

I am a software engineer and I really need to think. I will try your method anyway, I will do it for some month and will see how far I can get

@OBEler I'm also a software engineer. I don't think you should want to focus on your breath while coding. You should focus on coding.

Have you ever heard of the 'flow' state? When you work and just work and the world around you vanishes for hours. Productivity goes through the roof.

If you don't, check out this video:
https://www.ted.com/talks/mihaly_csikszentmihalyi_on_flow?language=nl

The better developed your level of awareness is, the more likely you will get into the flow state.

Edited by krazzer

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

I was going to school 5 times a week 7:45 - 14:00. No girlfriend. I have isolated myself from all of my friends at that time (was hanging out with them ocassionaly maybe once in 2-3weeks, I don't know for sure, and it varied, at the start I think I had meetings once in 2-3 weeks, after a few months, I have Isolated myself for 4months completely, than again hanged out a little more, sometimes more than once a week (when the summer started)).  After 1 year of being in this awarness and generally super aware, I have almost completely isolated myself for 1 year and a half. I was hanging out with just 1 friend but not frequently, and those meetings were to talk about spirituality. I think it's important to Note that a few months prior I was hanging out with them every day. So it's not like I'm not social. This year I have returned to the social matrix.

The hardest times were when the teacher talked the theory and I had to write it down without repeating the thoughts in my mind that the teacher said.

Just do it. xD