Afonso

Send Me Your Questions To Mooji

52 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Seed I said that, because that's what you needed to hear ;)

Until you've experienced the Absolute, you have no frame of reference from which to question it.

My questions in this post are of a speculative, pushing-the-edge-of-my-knowledge type questions. I wouldn't give this as advice to newbies.

Sneaky!!! :P

@unknownworld No, you're just confused. I'm tired of arguing with you guys about this kind of simple-minded Neo-Adviata logic.

If you don't understand how to follow spiritual advice, that's on you. Don't put that on me.

You're just misleading people with your "no pursuit" talk. You haven't yet realized how much work you have to do on yourself, and how much there is to become conscious of. It would make your eyes water like an onion if you only knew.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Maybe the belief in a nice tidy psychologically safe answer is a big illusion.  Flatten the illusion lol.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@unknownworld Eckhart got enlightened without pursuing it at all, but he is convinced that the longing for enlightenment is already part of the awakening.

https://www.eckharttollenow.com/s/o9gg0k

Some thoughts about effort or no effort on this journey.

https://www.eckharttollenow.com/s/5ngwud

Edited by Timotheus

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@Toby How do you know his story?

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

@Timotheus Several things he told himself. In addition to that I heard Adyashanti talk about it on a retreat when the subject of "did not search and got awakened" came up and he told a few details and told that Eckhart did search. I don't 100% remember what he said, but recordings of this retreat could be purchased on his website.

Edited by Toby

@unknownworldYes this intensity  can occur during your meditation session and should also slowly take over your daily life. This doesn't contradict Leo imo, since seeking truth seems to be common in those who haven't seen through the illusion of a separate seeker yet. Effort does not necessarily equal work. Also you need to start somewhere wether it is with a meditation practice ore just becoming more aware in general. The danger in not pursuing enlightenment in the early stage could be that you just become too relaxed (as Eckhart said ;)) and don't do anything, not even allowing this intensity to flow through you. 

If you have this goal and this desire to become enlightened always as a thought in your mind and it is distracting you from becoming present then yes this is a trap. But you can have this goal in your mind and be detached from it. I think this thought will also cease to exist over time since the ego ceases to exist either.

That's how I see it. Eckhart and maybe also Sadhguru are examples of people who got spontaneous realizations, but teachers like Rupert Spira, Adyashanti, Shinzen Young etc. did a lot of work. For example Rupert mentioned in one of his videos that the book of Ramana Maharshi was next to his bed for 25 years ( you can also read it on his page) http://non-duality.rupertspira.com/about/rupert-spira

- A Course in Miracles

On 2017-7-8 at 10:24 AM, Leo Gura said:

I'm talking about giving 5-meo to an enlightened master to see if it will reveal anything more for him. That would be an important scientific achievement.

I have a feeling he would "want to say",,, we are already enlightened,,,, and always have been, but we cant or wont accept it yet...

So he does not tell us ...

Isnt that the job of a yogi or enlightened person, is to actively try to bulshit us until we admit to ourselves.. "this guy is no more than us, we are already enlightened"

lets face it have you ever not been in the now.. have you ever not been aware.. have we ever not been conscious...

Yeah sure we can move our focus from nothingness to awareness to presence to thought ect... at will.. but that could be a feature, not a bug...

On 2017-07-08 at 4:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

But then again, if reality really wanted to fuck with us, it would create an Absolute, and then something more beyond that which we cannot imagine or access in any way.

If we can not imagine it or access it - who would care?

On 7/7/2017 at 10:24 PM, Leo Gura said:

Of course we already know he's done it.

I'm talking about giving 5-meo to an enlightened master to see if it will reveal anything more for him. That would be an important scientific achievement.

@Leo Gura I think you have already seen this, but nevertheless, felt like it could be shared here for some reason. 

On 7/8/2017 at 4:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

I am open to any possibility.

But I must admit, the Absolute sure feels Absolute.

But then again, if reality really wanted to fuck with us, it would create an Absolute, and then something more beyond that which we cannot imagine or access in any way.

Maybe everything is not one? Maybe everything is 359,458,134? After all, if the most you could access was one, you'd have no clue about anything else beyond. And you'd feel like you've accessed everything without any possible exception.

Enlightenment could be the ultimate epistemic trap. One from which you will never escape.

An enlightened master will of course deny all this. But then again, that's exactly what he would do if he was epistemically trapped beyond all escape.

And the craziest thing about it is, even if you became fully enlightened, this would still not resolve the problem. You'd certainly feel like you attain the Absolute and nothing more could be. But that might merely be your delusion. You could end up as epistemically lost as your enlightened master, and you'd never know it.

It really is like a form of insanity or living in another reality from which there is no return. Or falling through a black hole.

Leo this is very interesting... I asked you the same question before - what if Enlightenment is dream in the dream - matrix in a matrix. Did you already get an answer on that question since that time? Update us on the topic - where are you right now in regards to seeing the Ultimate Truth? Do you still see the possibility of Enlightenment being  a dream inside a dream?

Edited by egoless