Afonso

Send Me Your Questions To Mooji

52 posts in this topic

Last sunday sutsang, my friend raised his hand to speak and was then invited by Mooji to spend a day with him.

I've also been allowed to go with my friend as part of his invitation.

As such, I will try to take the most out of the opportunity and energy of Mooji.

Do you guys have any question you'd like me to ask Mooji? I'll post the answers when I come back (day 10/07).

Love to you guys.

No, please don't waste time asking him our questions. Ask him your questions if you have one or just be still with him. That's the best way imo.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

No, please don't waste time asking him our questions. Ask him your questions if you have one or just be still with him. That's the best way imo.

Yeah, I feel that. But I also feel that if I had a chance to ask something to an enlightened being, I'd take that chance. So, I feel it's the right thing to give you guys this chance.

@Afonso Ask him if he's personally encountered people with paranormal abilities and how he makes sense of that.

Ask him why most people are not enlightened, and aren't even close. Whatever they lack, why do they lack it when others don't?

Ask him if he's willing to try 5-meo-dmt in the name of science.

Ask him, what if enlightenment itself is just a dream within a dream? And his conviction that this isn't possible, is also a dream.

Ask him why science works if it's a conceptual activity of the mind and doesn't track truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Afonso Ask him if he's personally encountered people with paranormal abilities and how he makes sense of that.

Ask him why most people are not enlightened, and aren't even close. Whatever they lack, why do they lack it when others don't?

Ask him if he's willing to try 5-meo-dmt in the name of science?

Well, those questions are a bit direct and not inline with the "vibe" he projects.

But, if the time feels right I'll ask him.

@Afonso Direct questions are the only ones worth asking ;)

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ask him, what if enlightenment itself is just a dream within a dream? And his conviction that this isn't possible, is also a dream.

Ask him why science works if it's a conceptual activity of the mind and doesn't track truth.

Are you still open to that possibility, or have your direct experiences removed doubt about that?

From a relative frame, it seems like being delusional is always a possibility, but than again, if Absolute Truth exists, then it simply is that, absolute.

Just now, username said:

Are you still open to that possibility, or have your direct experiences removed doubt about that?

From a relative frame, it seems like being delusional is always a possibility, but than again, if Absolute Truth exists, then it simply is that, absolute.

I remember Leo and Peter Ralston discussing that in one of his interview videos.

@Afonso

I've seen that video and it really resonated with me since this has been such a big question.

It's been a question that's been sitting with me since before I even knew what spirituality was; it just utterly stumps me. It's why I turned to this stuff as a means of investigation, the mind just fails. I'm not going to claim to know Absolute Truth, but whatever it is is clearly beyond comprehension and logic. It only takes a little bit of sustained contemplation to see how quickly reason fails; I guess most academics just sweep that fact under the rug and take it as an axiom that rationality is all-encompassing, despite the clear limitations.

For now, I'm just doing the work and seeing where direct consciousness takes me, but that lingering doubt hasn't subsided. It's really just been a leap of faith that direct consciousness is reliable. Paradoxically, it's only enlightening if you take nothing faith at the same time and keep inquiring.

Ask him if he could hold this forum/the people here in his heart for a few seconds. That would be great.

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ask him if he's personally encountered people with paranormal abilities and how he makes sense of that.

It's the play (Lila),  the "apparent" phenomenal universe, afterlife, channeling, NDE's, whatever...it's all included...why wouldn't it be. To throw some Vedanta in...it's Isvara creation, "all" of it.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh, it absolutely is! Enlightenment is for the mind, intellect to be specific. Once Self knowledge removes ignorance of one's true nature and this knowledge is "firm". You see it was/is just a big joke. Awareness playing hide and seek with itself. 

Just my 2 cents.:)

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What about Martin Ball? The guy who got enlightened by chugging 5-MeO down his nostrils. That guy must have a bank of DMT. You have contacted him before, why not ask him?

@Afonso  Ask him if he is willing to work with scientists for a brain scan, to help science in finding the neural correlates of non-duality.

If he says yes, ask him if he is willing to declare that in a video of his satsang and make it publicly available..

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

2 hours ago, username said:

I am open to any possibility.

But I must admit, the Absolute sure feels Absolute.

But then again, if reality really wanted to fuck with us, it would create an Absolute, and then something more beyond that which we cannot imagine or access in any way.

Maybe everything is not one? Maybe everything is 359,458,134? After all, if the most you could access was one, you'd have no clue about anything else beyond. And you'd feel like you've accessed everything without any possible exception.

Enlightenment could be the ultimate epistemic trap. One from which you will never escape.

An enlightened master will of course deny all this. But then again, that's exactly what he would do if he was epistemically trapped beyond all escape.

And the craziest thing about it is, even if you became fully enlightened, this would still not resolve the problem. You'd certainly feel like you attain the Absolute and nothing more could be. But that might merely be your delusion. You could end up as epistemically lost as your enlightened master, and you'd never know it.

It really is like a form of insanity or living in another reality from which there is no return. Or falling through a black hole.

2 hours ago, Afonso said:

What about Martin Ball? The guy who got enlightened by chugging 5-MeO down his nostrils. That guy must have a bank of DMT. You have contacted him before, why not ask him?

Of course we already know he's done it.

I'm talking about giving 5-meo to an enlightened master to see if it will reveal anything more for him. That would be an important scientific achievement.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am open to any possibility.

But I must admit, the Absolute sure feels Absolute.

But then again, if reality really wanted to fuck with us, it would create an Absolute, and then something more beyond that which we cannot imagine or access in any way.

Maybe everything is not one? Maybe everything is 359,458,134?

Isn't that infinity? Every possible and impossible thing at the same possible and impossible time? Neverending existing and non-existing realities.

@Leo Gura Wow, wow, woooow!

The fact that you even put enlightenment in doubt is amazing. It makes me trust your "school", to call it somehow, so much more!

It is so rare finding people being critical about what they're trying to sell or defend or whatever.

This is inspiring. Enlightenment the ultimate epistemic trap... hahaha you really do think outside the box!

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

5 minutes ago, Visionary said:

Isn't that infinity? Every possible and impossible thing at the same possible and impossible time? Neverending existing and non-existing realities.

But what if there's more beyond that?

Just because we can't imagine an alternative, doesn't say much about reality. It merely reaffirms that our imaginations are limited.