a e l i

Always Too Much On My Mind

5 posts in this topic

I'm starting to become more aware of my addiction to thoughts, which lately has gotten worse. I can't even stick to a topic when I think, my head's just all over the place bouncing from topic to topic. It's like I'm trying to multitask with my inner voice, and as a result I shallowly touch lots of topics without deeply analyzing any of them. I'm easily distractible, unproductive and sick of this.

This has always been such an unconscious thing I have no idea how I got at where I'm now, and I don't know how to change something that seems so automatic. 

I agree with @Joseph Maynor on meditation. But an hour a day is too hard for a beginner. It's better to start with something small with something like 10 minutes or even 5 minutes because starting too big tends to demotivate people. Then adding steadily more time when you're comfortable and stopping to the time you'd like to stay in.

Meditation is a wonderful practice for deep concentration. And from studies, you'd find better concentration can come sooner than you think.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

11 hours ago, a e l i said:

I'm starting to become more aware of my addiction to thoughts, which lately has gotten worse. I can't even stick to a topic when I think, my head's just all over the place bouncing from topic to topic. It's like I'm trying to multitask with my inner voice, and as a result I shallowly touch lots of topics without deeply analyzing any of them. I'm easily distractible, unproductive and sick of this.

This has always been such an unconscious thing I have no idea how I got at where I'm now, and I don't know how to change something that seems so automatic. 

you became conscious of it, it will never be the same, the change is there. 

whereas before you did it automatically, now you will be watching every time, and your attention is like a laserbeam to this stuff, you'll automatically transform into new ways of being

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Thanks for replying.

Ok, I'm gonna build a meditation habit. Before I was never really motivated to start and never stuck to it... But now I feel that it's something I can't keep avoiding, so I'm going to try again and hopefully stick to it!