Afonso

Visited Enlightened Being Mooji

24 posts in this topic

This was the first time I attended one of his Sunday Satsangs.

His way of expressing himself is very smooth, integrated, whole and overall very pure.

However, his whole "village" in Portugal looks pretty much like a cult and they have all the rituals and hand gesturing that are a bit off.

Most people that are there are very insecure, neurotic and have huge problems in their lives.

I didn't find it useful to understand more about the spiritual journey, but I found it inspiring and the energy among those people was very refreshing and calm.

Overall, a good experience. Next Sunday I'll go there again :D

Edited by Afonso

10 minutes ago, Afonso said:

Most people that are there are very insecure, neurotic and have huge problems in their lives.

@Afonso I kind of get that impression too from watching some of the people who ask him for guidance at his satsangs. Don't get me wrong, I love Mooji. But some of his followers seem to be a bit lost in themselves.

26 minutes ago, Afonso said:

Portugal looks pretty much like a cult and they have all the rituals and hand gesturing that are a bit off.

What kind of 'hand gestures'?  I'm not sure what that is. Like flashing gang signs?

If Mooji is Enlightened then why does he have judgement towards Ayahuasca and psychedelic use for aiding in spiritual development?

Wouldn't an Enlightened being have no judgements whatsoever knowing all is in divine order and play in itself anyway, that all is ultimately experience? hence why we are here in the first place? Its understandable if he presents from a balanced perspective but it doesn't appear that way to me at least.

B R E A T H E

Every teacher has it's pro and cons. Mooji is imo a decent teacher, of course imo there are better ones but if you happen to live near his ashram I would go there. He probably can show you more than you would be able to realize on your own or by taking psychedelics.

@pluto

If Mooji is Enlightened then why does he have judgement towards Ayahuasca and psychedelic use for aiding in spiritual development?

Because being enlightened is only a shift of perspective, it doesn't mean you're open minded.

There was enlightened people (monks) who killed in name of their religion, don't recall the name of the wars, but it is in the "zen devil" video from Leo.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

24 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Afonso I kind of get that impression too from watching some of the people who ask him for guidance at his satsangs. Don't get me wrong, I love Mooji. But some of his followers seem to be a bit lost in themselves.

What kind of 'hand gestures'?  I'm not sure what that is. Like flashing gang signs?

Like when he comes, we all stand up and turn our body towards where he is. We place our hands in prayer. Things like that.

11 minutes ago, pluto said:

He's enlightened in the sense that he realizes his true nature. The human being that expresses itself can have all sort of human features, including judgement. Maybe he has not learned of the potential of psychedelics or maybe his path was not inline with them. Either way, just because he's enlightened doesn't mean he feels a particular way about anything.

No i agree Mooji has taught me a lot but i wouldn't call him Enlightened if he is able to judge. Too me Enlightened being has reached a state of complete oneness and non-judgemental state as everyone is one and their children. Source loves the murderer just as much as the one murdered because source understands all is one. I guess the state fades away eventually cause i remember it was almost impossible to judge when i had my first experience with source.

I guess too me that's what enlightenment means when you reach god-consciousness and judgement is not possible and only unconditional love can be expressed and experienced and all that exists is seen and understood as one and equal.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I don't know i guess its just a severe example :/ Maybe i have lost balance again..

B R E A T H E

1 minute ago, blazed said:

@pluto

Stop being butthurt just because he's not overly enthusiastic to approve the use of psychedelics to stroke your ego.

I haven't seen a single person on this world who doesn't have an opinion about something or another, including these guru's. Someone would have to not speak at all to not butthurt anyone in this world, you can be overly nice and someone out there will call you out as fake, twisted, mentally ill, stupid, etc.

I am not butthurt nor do i value psychedelics as much as anything else i am all about balance and i value balance and honesty.

B R E A T H E

He seems like a great guy whom has realized something profound but I feel like there are still some remnants. 

I've read stories of beings their realization and it's not uncommon for their path to be like:

- Enlightenment experiences as a child

- (devoted spiritual life >)Deep profound realization, integrated the experiences to a high degree

- The complete last falling away of the ego and complete embodiment

(and though it might deepen, they have been liberated of every last inch of negative conditioning)

-

I wouldn't be surprised if he and a lot of other teachers are at stage 2 here, whom do might think and claim or imply they are really done, kind of understandably so, but it's sloppy imo, but his teachings are pretty good.

13 hours ago, blazed said:

I'm not one to verify if someone is enlightened or not, but calling him out on his status of enlightenment just because he had an opinion on psychedelics is kind of being butthurt about his opinion, to be fair I didn't see anything wrong with the video.

You misunderstand me, i was expressing pure curiosity. I am sorry it appeared to you in that way as i may have been out of balance at the time but it was ultimately just curiosity within as i am seeking to learn more about this enlightened state or what is a true enlightened one because from experience when i had an enlightening experience myself i wasn't able to judge a single thing for several months as i saw everything as equal and as one so i was curious about this and thought id ask, didn't mean to come off negative.

Being curious is our birthright ;/

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

12 hours ago, pluto said:

No i agree Mooji has taught me a lot but i wouldn't call him Enlightened if he is able to judge. Too me Enlightened being has reached a state of complete oneness and non-judgemental state as everyone is one and their children. Source loves the murderer just as much as the one murdered because source understands all is one. I guess the state fades away eventually cause i remember it was almost impossible to judge when i had my first experience with source.

I guess too me that's what enlightenment means when you reach god-consciousness and judgement is not possible and only unconditional love can be expressed and experienced and all that exists is seen and understood as one and equal.

Judgment serves a function if it means judging between healthy and unhealthy or functional and dysfunctional. Perhaps his opinion is that psychedelics are unhealthy to the seeker's search or that they are a distraction and he thinks that there are better practices. It doesn't mean he judges people who do them as bad or that he doesn't love them. It just means that he thinks that psychedelics are not conducive to seeking, which is a normal judgment based in functionality, even if there are divergent opinions on the matter. The enlightened person is still able to judge. But they are more likely to judge based on functionality as opposed to labeling reality as good or bad in any inherent sense.

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

The more I hear what people say about being "enlightened" the less I understand what people mean when they say enlightened.

Edited by SOUL

Though Mooji is listed among personality cults, I still find his satsangs deeply insightful. Cults attract insecure, neurotic people to form a following. It's ok to check it out, don't become overly dependent or attached to any teacher/guru, though.  

Edited by Natasha

Thanks for the help

B R E A T H E

6 hours ago, Natasha said:

Though Mooji is listed among personality cults, I still find his satsangs deeply insightful. Cults attract insecure, neurotic people to form a following. It's ok to check it out, don't become overly dependent or attached to any teacher/guru, though.  

The thing is that he - as a disciple of Papaji - just copied a "little" bit the setting and behaviour and elements of Bhakti towards "him". When I watch here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un2mFHFw7PQ) from 2h11m I don't see insecure and neurotic people. I see a lot of people who really got it and who are happy and grateful for that. That's my perception. There are of course some who might just feel happy and peaceful in his presence and are a bit addicted to it and project all sorts of stuff onto him also.

20 hours ago, pluto said:

Wouldn't an Enlightened being have no judgements whatsoever knowing all is in divine order and play in itself anyway, that all is ultimately experience? hence why we are here in the first place? Its understandable if he presents from a balanced perspective but it doesn't appear that way to me at least.

There is no certain way an enlightened being is... The enlightenment you study is a fabrication of the mind and does not exist - it has been said and you know it, but you keep on thinking that your idea of enlightenment is what it is supposed to be based on what you've been told.

No, enlightenment does not mean you are pro psychedelics. In fact if you cannot recognise it here now without any external help, it's not important,  so dont chase it.

Or chase it. The idea I'm trying to communicate is there is no right and wrong doing. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

18 minutes ago, Dodo said:

There is no certain way an enlightened being is... The enlightenment you study is a fabrication of the mind and does not exist - it has been said and you know it, but you keep on thinking that your idea of enlightenment is what it is supposed to be based on what you've been told.

No, enlightenment does not mean you are pro psychedelics. In fact if you cannot recognise it here now without any external help, it's not important,  so dont chase it.

Or chase it. The idea I'm trying to communicate is there is no right and wrong doing. 

That is my idea of the enlightened, no rights, no wrongs, no rules, no judgements, only experience exists, only experience is? Like i said in other posts afterwards no one is questioning whether or not one is pro psychedelics but simply the inner-child curiosity within on why no balanced perspective is shown in this case which was later explained to an extent in helpful manners by others.

B R E A T H E

2 minutes ago, pluto said:

That is my idea of the enlightened

Good to notice it's just an idea.