Electron

Characteristics Of A Well-lived Life ?

7 posts in this topic

What, according to you, are some characteristics of a Well-Lived life?    

@Leo Gura

Edited by Electron

Integrity, authenticity,  open mindedness, detachment from outcome, peace, happiness, feeling like you are on purpose, social awareness, financial freedom, health, enlightenment, love of learning. 

Watch the video "10 things you want, but don't know that you want" if you haven't already :)  

A well lived life is highly subjective but I've been pondering the question. To me, a well-lived life is self-created and self-defined. I see a well-lived life as a life focused on discovering and expressing your potential. It's realizing and acting on your deepest desires! It's a life that's lived in flow state where time just flows by and you're hooked on a feeling of energetic passion or deep bliss. It's discovering AMAZING possibiltities! It's you realizing "I have freedom over my life and I can create my own life."   

@Zane Thanks Zane. It really helped. I've read some of your other comments on different posts and they really resonated with me. :)

When pondering this question I immerse myself in my past. I go on vacation to my memories in meditation. What sticks out? I ask myself. What will I never forget and always hold close? What brought me closest to divine consciousness?

My answer is the answer to these questions....My answer is moments in the sun, discovering new life, the smell of nature, touching the earth/sky/water, the power of nature, dancing in a wonder filled universe, seeking.... Always seeking so that I can drink up the vast consciousness only one, myself has.  

I believe every answer will be different as we are all different. Never confuse your consciousness with another persons consciousness. We are all infinitely different.

Being able to immerse yourself in work while having close friendships.

Reading "Mastery" by Robert Greene really did open up my eyes to loving your work and being able to create what you truly desire using those skills that you mastered through years of hard, yet fulfilling work.

At the same time he talks about social skills and enjoying my time with close friends after working hard really does relieve a lot of stress.