Guest Annetta

Tips On Learning To Love Yourself?

26 posts in this topic

I can recommend the book Buddhas Brain by Rick Hanson. 

It is basically all about requiring the brain for positive self talk and positive emotions. It is very well grounded in science. 

From my personal experience I can attest that it works very well. I think I am a completely different persons thanks to applying some of the techniques for several years now. 

Mit takes conscious effort and a lot of repetition to rewire your brain. But then the reward is equally great. It basically reshape a how you perceive everything. 

Loving yourself and your demons and sins will give you freedom from real evil. Self acceptance will change your life.

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

Loving-kindness meditation was what I found to be effective. Make sure to start with short sessions and build slowly, but trust me its powerful and sustainable.

If you remember Leo's self-acceptance exercise (video with similar title), where you were supposed to isolate a feeling of love and project it towards traits of yourself you don't like, you can do that in everyday life as they arise. You may soon find loving yourself and loving another can't really be separated. The important thing is, the love is unconditional. You don't have to deserve or earn it.

It's not true most people love their ego. Not at all. You can't love your true self anyway. Love the ego. And love other egos. Look at yourself like a child who's been hurt. Or a sad puppy. Love yourself the way you'd love that child or puppy.

The beginning step is to realize whatever you have done or whatever has happened to you is not your fault. You didn't pick your genes, your parents, your environment. You have no say in it. Once that is a given, denying anybody, yourself or another, your love just doesn't make sense any more.

Check out some of Matt Kahn's videos like "Radical acceptance".

Love ya,
Markus

Edited by Markus

I have the belief that achieving things gives an appreciation of one self that none else can give you.These things do not need to be anything huge, a few small things will have the same result as a big one.

Why? well because if you feel like you can achieve what you want to achieve, you feel better about yourself and your newly attained confidence will become evidence for it. Start as small as you want or feel capable of, go from there. Could be a new habit or trying something new or just getting something done that you have punched up for to long. 

Edited by Spiral