Will

Completely Confused About Drive

28 posts in this topic

I listen to so many teachers and they all have there own flavour of PD.. 

Its really hard to make sense of it all..

I pick up bit and pieces from each But im too cautious to get behind any one of them because they all have parts which seem out of alignment with my energy..

I have a feeling I need to find more desire and passion.. But it goes against my idea that the" world does not require anything" and the "world is just perfect the way it is.."

I feel allot of extreme motivated people have underlying desire to FIX the world..

I feel as though I need some way to be ok with making an impact on the world, but My belief that" the world is completely fine" I think is really holding me back..

Do I delude myself that the world needs fixing??

Or do I see it as just creating for arts sake....

If its just for arts sake (expression) I find the drive is not as high as it could be...

How can I boost my drive to create?? How do you create like your life depends on it...

Im fine with, enjoying the creation process, but I cant seem to do it with extreme passion and calm yet super intensity..

Calm yet super  intensity.. I think is what im looking for..

WTF

How is that even possible..

Thanx peeps..!!

Really appreciate any stories or feedback/ideas

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Will With the ego censoring what is going to be a best seller story of validation, it will undoubtedly pick a world audience. Fixing the world to its ideals. As long as that option is on your possibilities for personal drive, you will always feel that your drive is ...

On 6/28/2017 at 11:22 PM, Will said:

not as high as it could be...

However, you still may become personally fulfilled by utilizing your talents and abilities to their full potential; and unknowingly provide an impact on the world like many artists, such as Vincent van Gogh.

In regards to overcoming confusion (struggling with indecision), just make a decision and go with it and see how it turns out. If it doesn't, then make another decision. Life is a series of experiments, some will blow-up in your face, and that is okay.

9 hours ago, Visitor said:

With the ego censoring what is going to be a best seller story of validation, it will undoubtedly pick a world audienc

im not sure i understand this.. are you able to put it in a diff way??

Fixing the world to its ideals

Im not 100 % sure here either.. as in its trying to adjust things to fit??

As long as that option is on your possibilities

Which option?? you mean allowing ego to determine my actions??

However, you still may become personally fulfilled by utilizing your talents and abilities to their full potential

I get this bit ,but what im trying to clarify is the relationship between desire, passion drive  and how to at the same time be aware conscious and calm and in a state of flow.. so a kind of relaxed intensity.. if I do have desire, youd have to constantly be wary of being attached to that desire.. did i explain that right??

Life is a series of experiments, some will blow-up in your face, and that is okay.

I totally get this, but the people who get hurt dont think so.. I dont mean it but they certainly think i do.. which sux.. 

@Will i am calm with underlying intense creativity. i was not always this way. my personal recipe in hopes something is actionable to u;  yoga or energy tai chi, then 50 mins of cardio to intense music & some 'lifting' (boflex actually), followed by meditation every morning. i raise all that intense energy and then while meditating tons of ideas just bubble up and i let them pass by.  it leaves me full of more than enough energy and creativity for the day. 

enough sleep and healthy eating are the foundation for this also.  

it's a lot to do everyday but the alternative is a shit life.  (for me, imo) 

these practices also lead to nonthinking state most of the time.  hell of a byproduct of happiness!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Will Its not about fixing the world. Its about helping the world live up to its absolute full potential. Aspiring to something greater than it currently is. Its hard to create that drive because most don't care about living up to their full potential. They just want to get all their problems fixed til their life is nice and comfortable. Why would you want to live up to your full potential when you've got everything you want right? See the difference there? It can be a real struggle to get motivated if you can't see what's possible for humanity or for yourself. 

Memento Mori

@Nahm lots of people claim lots of things.. But thanx.. Ill consider this with all the rest. :) 

Not exactly what I was trying to get at tho..

2 hours ago, Truth said:

Its not about fixing the world. Its about helping the world live up to its absolute full potential.

fixng , fulll potential, changing, whatever you want to call it.. seems it could all be a similar sort of thing.. we dont know what this place is , needs or should be,, How can we.. we can push it to full potential if we like but that would require effort ,,, pushing..

2 hours ago, Truth said:

Aspiring to something greater than it currently is

? really? whats greater that what it already is?? how can you get any better..?? you mean about your personal situation?? or the whole... id say we have no clue how well the whole is doing??? cos we dont know it and cant..  

seems we can Only expereince things from the limited scope of our current experience, and thats all we have??

2 hours ago, Truth said:

life is nice and comfortable. Why would you want to live up to your full potential when you've got everything you want right? See the difference there?

I think i see your point see whats capable , just because??

2 hours ago, Truth said:

real struggle to get motivated if you can't see what's possible for humanity or for yourself. 

possibly..

motivation is tricky,, I think this whole thing is about being aware of what your really motivated by.. I guess when i dig down on my motivations I see they are similar to my ego type motivations and it really saps my drive??

Im not sure I by the whole save the world or exploring extreme possibilities.. it doesnot seem as compelling as I hoped.. 

Your right, at times its just about being comfortable,, i think i need to dig into that a bit more..

You're too lost in existentialism. There are real world problems. War, crime, problems in education, terrorism, not even going into all the internal issues people have, there's a lot of issues that are incredibly overlooked, misunderstood and not even recognized or acknowledged as an issue at all. There's a huge difference in maintaining the status quo vs advancing society and ourselves. Yes, existentially, everything is perfect and just as it's meant to be. but when it comes to real world problems it sounds like you're using existential insights as an excuse to not do anything. 

You're right motivation is tricky. You just gotta look at yourself and be honest and ask -- do I really care to help others? have an impact on the world? live up to my highest possibilities in life? and if your answer no or even a "eh" then you gotta ask yourself again. then what do I REALLY care about honestly? and there you'll have a clue to your true motivations. and from what I see you just want to be comfortable and safe, which is fine. but you're limiting yourself massively, and I recommend you get on the self actualization journey and live up to the peak of human capability. 

"If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you'll be unhappy for the rest of your life." - Abraham Maslow

Memento Mori

Just now, Truth said:

You're too lost in existentialism

possibly.. :) 

Just now, Truth said:

There are real world problems

I really dont know.. they all seem pretty made up to me..

Just now, Truth said:

existential insights as an excuse to not do anything.

possibly

1 minute ago, Truth said:

do I really care to help others

again its a judgement that others need helping. if we are all one thing, you basically saying I need help.. I have a feeling it just is how it is .. if anything just an exploration..

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

what do I REALLY care about honestly?

yes exactly right.. this is what it feels like for me..

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

and I recommend you get on the self actualization journey and live up to the peak of human capability. 

whys that??

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

"If you deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of being, then I warn you that you'll be unhappy for the rest of your life." - Abraham Maslow

again less is a massive judgement. what the hell is less.? It implies we know something about the world..

Thanks for the discuscussion. its difficult to find someone to challenge these ideas with.. even here. :)

1 hour ago, Will said:

again its a judgement that others need helping. if we are all one thing, you basically saying I need help.. I have a feeling it just is how it is .. if anything just an exploration..

you're missing the point, I already said everything is as it should be including you and me. My judgements don't imply anything. I'm not squabbling about the tenable truths of reality itself. I'm confabulating about my notions of "suffering" and "Misfortunes" "I" see in "others" and the world, and "misunderstandings" I see in the world. See what I'm saying?

As for being on the path, well, that's not something I can really communicate to you, anything I say would be an under emphasized apogee of the absolute infinitude of what's possible for the fulfillment of this entity. But I will say that you wouldn't be having motivation, drive, or confusion issues at all if you took this journey on for real.

challenging our beliefs and ideals is just the beginning. For me now talking on this forum is nothing more than just an exponent exposing illusions haha. 

Memento Mori

@Truth Great posts. I enjoyed reading them. When someone appears stuck in PD it seems to me they are talking to someone. Someone specific that affected them in a way that caused them (seemingly) to adopt a belief about reality. When confronted about the stuck situation later, they are talking to that person in their past when they are talking to you. What do you think? 

@Nahm yep :), when talking on here I feel like nothing more than a mirror to others and myself. People would find their answers if they just asked themselves self honestly and left their ego at the door. Not discounting tons of perspectives of course, which is one of the reasons that this forum can be valuable. 

Memento Mori

2 hours ago, Truth said:

if you took this journey on for real

Which sounds like something the ego might say?

The best way i know to describe what I am experiencing is that we exist at a divergance point. probably no path taken is correct.. you can be happy on anyone of them. no matter which one you go down, will probably have challenges..

In saying that sitting still doing nothing is also a path just as trying to go back the way you came and trying to relive some past.

Now that I am here. I have probably lost any sense of urgency.

I dont really understand my limits are, and its looking in order to do so I need to engage in some form of seeking (probably egoic too)..

As much as you suggest that taking some higher path of pushing your limits is the correct path,, it may have at its base a desire for something egoic,, world peace, fame , fortune, 

Just as one creates a picture or plays music.. that too is a hunt for beauty or symmetry.. which could be no different for seeking purity of mankind (hitler)..

Hope im reflecting myself as correctly as possible.. :)

8 hours ago, Truth said:

I had a thought about this.. 

happiness is not a place or event or whatever, you cant go there,, its a choice. so I dont think being self actualized is going to make one any happier..

and the whole warn scare tactic.. wont work on some people..threats dont make me motivated.. I need to be compelled..

8 hours ago, Truth said:

deliberately plan on being less than you are capable of bein

This I need to think  about some more. but it does imply we know what is our best.. this always reminds me of that story of the farmer who lost his horse..

the village people came to offer condolences by saying" we are sorry for your misfortune in losing your horse" to which the farmer replied" it could be bad it could be good ,I dont know"

long story short.

the moral of the story is that we cant know what is good for us.. its just a journey.. 

thinking else wise is like saying one atom is better than the other.. yes one leads to doom and another shines bright? both are necesary and required?

8 hours ago, Truth said:

deliberately plan on being less

this i need to ponder on some more.. how can you deliberately plan.. could it be like believing the destination is better than the journey kind of thing?? I mean who deliberately plans to be miserable..? I think it comes about because people are operating with false principles??

i.e. when your hungry we eat.

but these days food is less about feeding and more about taste or in the opposite situation image (bolemia)

Ok i think I have discovered a belief..

I feel nothing is worth doing because We have no really ability to decide what the future can be.i.e. that life is not predictable.

I realise I have made a straw man argument of the idea that your experiences mean nothing. or that the egos incessant striving ultimately means nothing, (we die and cant experience our legacy, we dont even know if anything exists after we die) this also applies if there are infinite universes..

So its seem i have only two options,

1. choose that life really means nothing and do whatever
  2. pick a the noblest way given the current circumstances and use an ego consciously to forfill that end..

fulfilment comes from just a choice (you choose to live life a particular way and its totally your choice, not good or bad)

Happiness is also a choice, not a destination..

Right.. now I got that outa the way..

How to embody that..

any ideas??

I think it has something to do with commitment and planning a way to face fears..

thoughts comment..

Have I completely lost it ?? LOL :) 

On 6/30/2017 at 8:32 PM, Will said:

@Nahm lots of people claim lots of things.. But thanx.. Ill consider this with all the rest. :) 

Not exactly what I was trying to get at tho..

fixng , fulll potential, changing, whatever you want to call it.. seems it could all be a similar sort of thing.. we dont know what this place is , needs or should be,, How can we.. we can push it to full potential if we like but that would require effort ,,, pushing..

? really? whats greater that what it already is?? how can you get any better..?? you mean about your personal situation?? or the whole... id say we have no clue how well the whole is doing??? cos we dont know it and cant..  

seems we can Only expereince things from the limited scope of our current experience, and thats all we have??

I think i see your point see whats capable , just because??

possibly..

motivation is tricky,, I think this whole thing is about being aware of what your really motivated by.. I guess when i dig down on my motivations I see they are similar to my ego type motivations and it really saps my drive??

Im not sure I by the whole save the world or exploring extreme possibilities.. it doesnot seem as compelling as I hoped.. 

Your right, at times its just about being comfortable,, i think i need to dig into that a bit more..

Just finished my routine / rituals. Ideas pouring out of me. All is beautiful All is well. The world is the most fascinating canvas imaginable. Everything is possible. 

Just now, Nahm said:

All is beautiful

Yep.. trick is to realize we can become desensitized to it.. take it for granted..

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

All is well

Well. it is what it is, and theres nothing we can do about it.. its currently Just there and looks to be in balance. well or bad who knows..? But it certainly there.. :)

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

most fascinating canvas imaginable

I would probably just say its fascinating.. most? i dunno... imaginable? I could imagine more fascinating, but not to such detail and with such persistence..

Makes taking psychedelics seem like an interesting proposistion. i suppose that is included in this canvas too though.. :)

@Nahm correcting?  i actually really enjoy finding the subtle differences in things.. I really do.. 

For the longest time I felt like I had to listen to everyone else, but now I can express myself..

Id actually really enjoy the perspective if others wanted to challenge me on subtleties..

8 hours ago, Nahm said:

give the practices a try. you'll be so glad you did!!

care to elaborate?? :) 

@Will You're talking about being desensitized, nothing is worth doing, needing to face your fears, considering psychedelics, needing to be compelled, having a hard time making sense of it all, needing to find more desire and passion, etc, etc, etc. 

I'm suggesting less talking about these things and more meditation, excercise, focus practices, contemplation.

These are the things that will help you. You're not really contributing to anything here. Try working on your PD. You'll unstick yourself and be much happier and further along. 

"You're still young, that's your fault."