Joseph Maynor

How Do Other People Exist If Their Minds Are Not Included In My Reality?

30 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Tano said:

@eputkonen  You said this:

"How does your pituitary gland exist...as it is not a part of your reality either?  Have you ever seen it or felt it?  The problem is you think your reality is real...but your reality is not reality."

which clearly suggests that because something is beyoynd direct experience - it does not exist.

If it was NOT your underlying message then you could try and make your expression not so wooly.

I was simply temporary adopting Joseph Maynor's logic to show that it was incorrect.  Could you not see what was being pointed to by the end of my message..."As it is unknown...and un-experienced...by your logic it would not exist or not be reality.  The limits of "your reality" is your direct experience, but that is not reality."

The message was for Joseph Maynor to understand - using the words and logic of his own posted question...I did not write it for you.  And if you truly wanted to understand, you could ask questions...but instead you assumed, judged, and defended/attacked (regarding what was asked/said)...this is not the behavior one someone that cares to learn what is being said.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

12 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Pardon my ignorance folks, but I still don't understand this.   Somebody please help me.  Are other people illusory?   What about their minds?  Their minds are not in my reality so am I to conclude their minds don't exist?  This sounds absurd to me.  Maybe they're just like me and I am part of their non-dual reality.  But that's concept and has no bearing on my reality.  In my reality other people lack minds.  Are their minds part of my reality or not?  It seems we cannot say that they are.  Well what does that do to our existential claim that others exist? It seems to go bye bye because we cannot confirm that claim by referencing reality alone, we would have to cling to concept too, and that's a no no when we're talking about reality. 

The concept you're talking about is called Solipsism. I don't subscribe to the belief and I wouldn't recommend anyone to. It is one of the satanic sins to believe in solipsism, as it distorts and clouds a person's worldview and has no bearing in reality..solipisism is in itself an illusion..run. 

4 minutes ago, Nichols Harvey said:

@Russell

Is that what it's called?

I didn't know there was a name for it!

Please watch this. It will save you much confusion along your spiritual path. This concept has since tripled in popularity since that Abrahamic doublespeak book The Secret was released. 

3 hours ago, Russell said:

Please watch this. It will save you much confusion along your spiritual path. This concept has since tripled in popularity since that Abrahamic doublespeak book The Secret was released. 

What's wrong with Solipsism?  I was beginning to like Solipsism until you came along and burst my bubble!  Now what do I do!  I found Solipsism to be very rational and comforting to tell you the truth!  No lie.  I wanna be everything and nothing at once.  I was happy that other people do not get to exist!   I'll watch the video.  

I'm gonna watch this video now.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Solipsism will keep you satisfied and off the path of truth. It's a very slippery slope and it is rooted in EGO. This is how solipsists tend to think: 

"am all that exists. Others do not. am the creator of the universe. me me me" Even the word itself points to the self as all that is, sol- meaning "self" (as in sole)  "There's no one else there but me. I am in Solitude, in SOLace." "Wo is me!" its all about me, you can never really know, nothing can be known about the self or the laws of the universe, its all just subjective and everyones opinion is just as true as the other persons, even if this person has years dedicated to studying truth and knowledge their perspective is just  as true as mine who has barely looked into things, and there's no need to look into things any further because I've already found the truth, THERE IS NO TRUTH.  Truth does not exist.  Ahahah it reminds me of when I was a firm solipsist. What days of INSANITY. I literally was insane, and I have sympathy for you and those who still believe in it. It bends your perceptive. The second half of the word comes from ipse "alone or by myself" used in Cyclops, for sight. So "my sight, or my perceptive is all that is"..its bullshit. It cuts you off from the real unity and connection experienced by all. It takes the realness of the concept that everything is one, and warps it into a false belief system. 

I could go on and on about this but I'm busy right now that's why this is haphazardly written 

There is truth. 

10 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What's wrong with Solipsism?  I was beginning to like Solipsism until you came along and burst my bubble!  Now what do I do!  I found Solipsism to be very rational and comforting to tell you the truth!  No lie.  I wanna be everything and nothing at once.  I was happy that other people do not get to exist!   I'll watch the video.  

I'm gonna watch this video now.  

I'm not a believer of solipsism but spiritual work is about finding the truth and it can only be found within your own experience. It is not something you find outside so no need to theorize about it. If you like to that that's fine but be aware that it won't get you any closer to truth.

@Russell People tend to make a religion out of spiritual concepts or concepts in general. I agree with much of what Mark Passio is saying but what he describes is not real acceptance. It's the dulled down spiritual version of it.

On 6/27/2017 at 11:36 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Are other people illusory?

Hello Joseph. This talk about what is real and what is not real can be pretty confusing. But it doesn’t have to be. One “mistake” that some people make is thinking that an illusion is something that is not real, as in “no reality to it at all.” But an illusion is something that exists in a deceptive way. So it has to exist. The person is an illusion. It exists in a deceptive way. Furthermore, once you wake up, you realize that you do not exist fundamentally as the person. So the person is both an illusion and not your true, fundamental self.

I use this word “fundamental” to pointing to what you are when everything that is not essential to your true self is stripped away.

You know you exist. This is self-evident. So the real question is “What is it that you exist as?” I offer the idea that you exist fundamentally as pure awareness. But I also offer the idea that you exist in a non-fundamental way as all of creation. This is like an actor and the character. When the actor arises as the character, they are one. When you look into the eyes of the character, you are looking directly into the eyes of the actor. They are one. But the character is not fundamental who the actor really is.

I talk about this more in the following two essays:
The Loving Heart of Enlightenment
http://infinitelymystical.com/essays/the-loving-heart-of-enlightenment.html
Anatta – Not Self Rather then No Self
http://infinitelymystical.com/essays/anatta.html

Perhaps you will find some of this helpful. In truth, I honor your divine nature. - Thomas Razzeto

I have had experiences on 5meo where it was obvious to me that only what I was experiencing exists, and that not knowing can't exist, an outside world, other people. And that this experience is hologram like, with nothing behind it