Leo Gura

Too Much Nonsense

80 posts in this topic

I'm seeing too much nonsense on this sub-forum. Too much speculation, too much gossip, too much ego stroking, too much distraction, too many pointless questions.

This is not the place for such nonsense. Your biggest obstacle on this path -- if you really care about spirituality -- is your monkey mind's limitless ability to distract you from the real work.

The purpose of this forum is to share high quality information, personal experiences, resources, and seek solid guidance in a serious way. Not to shoot the shit about your fantasies of enlightenment, philosophizing, dicking around, taking sides, getting offended, and doing everything BUT working towards enlightenment.

Without naming names, I'm noticing certain members here are just engaging in mental masturbation, over and over again, month after month. Some of that is tolerable, especially if you're new here, but I expect more from you. Realize your nonsense and put a lid on it. It's one thing to distract yourself with your monkey mind, but then you also start to distract others who might be seriously into this work.

So whatever nonsense happened in the past, leave it in the past, and from now on be much more mindful of what you post. Make sure it has a good reason for being posted, not just verbal diarrhea. And cut the gossip about people, gurus, teachers, and other forum members. Cut the gossip entirely. This work has nothing to do with any personality or person.

Before talking about enlightenment, do the work! Show us you're reading, practicing, meditating, self-inquiry, and seriously trying -- not just blabbermouthing. Nobody really cares about your opinions about enlightenment.

Folks who continue to blabbermouth, will get warning points and bans. And if the forum continues to engage in such behavior as a whole, the entire thing will just be shut down. I would rather shut it down than see it turn into a mental masturbatorium.

Please help keep this sub-forum on-point.

In the future, warning points will be given for the following kinds of offenses:

• Gossiping
  • Creating drama
  • Speculating about enlightenment, opinionizing
  • Arguing/debating
  • Pointless topics/questions

If you have nothing valuable or experientially-grounded to say, then best not to say anything at all.

If you have legitimate insights or questions from your practice which you'd like to talk about, that perfectly fine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you have nothing valuable or experientially-grounded to say, then best not to say anything at all.

Thats why i dont say much ?

Agree with you on this some of the post and replies feels like my old journalism forum ego clash and gibberish. And i think that + green points on top is another problem. 

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Understood.  I'll abide by your wish on this matter Leo.  I appreciate everyone here.  I haven't been this excited in a long time.  Fun to hang out with you all.  We've all got one thing in common -- we love to grow.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Preach Leo. Hope your post will be a proper bullshit filter.

Certain topics from certain members really make it less and less attractive to engage in constructive interactions. Enough with that clownesque nonsense.

19 minutes ago, Nichols Harvey said:

Can you ditch the reputation button?

I think that will help tremendously

i laughed out loud when i noticed myself using the reputation button on your comment. but i'd agree with that decision.

and @Leo Gura, your discernment has impressed me again. this forum is a true gem on the internet right now.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

another irony:  we are slowly starting a gossip in a thread which is created to stop gossip :)

I report so many posts, it would be nice when other people also report if they see a useless post. This report function should be more used.

some people are just hanging around here and produce nonsense every day

Meditation, consciousness, enlightenment and spirituality are a very subjective experience so I'm not sure who or what can be the arbiter of what is valuable or legitimate.

Does this just become another place where group think rules as doctrine and the infinite divergence of personal expression gets shut out? What makes absolute sense to one may be non sense to another so majority accepted ideas and concepts doesn't make for validity.

I agree there has been some thread flooding and personal attacking going on but by internet standards it's tame so I hope it's only the most egregious examples of it that get handled and it doesn't end this venue to explore these topics and our experience of them.

20 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Meditation, consciousness, enlightenment and spirituality are a very subjective experience so I'm not sure who or what can be the arbiter of what is valuable or legitimate.

Does this just become another place where group think rules as doctrine and the infinite divergence of personal expression gets shut out? What makes absolute sense to one may be non sense to another so majority accepted ideas and concepts doesn't make for validity.

I agree there has been some thread flooding and personal attacking going on but by internet standards it's tame so I hope it's only the most egregious examples of it that get handled and it doesn't end this venue to explore these topics and our experience of them.

Maybe it's the tone that's the problem. Arguing can get nasty.  Often a downward-spiral of suffering because everybody's got their mouths wide open but has their fingers in their ears.  We all do this to a greater or lesser extent, myself included.  Cable news does this to the extreme.  So, I can appreciate Leo's fear.  That said, I agree with you 100% SOUL.  You sound like a stage yellow person right there.  I think I'm at yellow too.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before," Bokonon tells us. "He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way."

-from Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

Hello Leo, 

I am new here. I hope I haven't done any non contributing posts. I know I talked with one person who was attacking another member. I didn't argue much if at all I think? I have a question if you have time. 

If these negative interactions happen are we to just ignore now? I don't mind people who are just starting their path, but the mindset some people have can effect others pretty negatively. I feel like it would be good to defuse the negativity like I always have in my life, so others know this energy doesn't have to be feared etc. I understand if you don't want any kind of response as well though.  

One thing I might add to this is that though these negative people are a challenge, I believe the energy assists others in learning how to balance themselves. Because in the end we all know this mindset is out in the world and dealing with the energy online vs in person can be like taking baby steps almost. I am not promoting this kind of behavior though :P 

Thank you for your post. 

Edited by S33K3R

It's okay. Sometimes People have different opinions and it might appear awkward and foolish. We all had such moments in our lives where we get crazy, have fantasies, philosophize rubbish but through it all,  we grow, we outgrow and we learn.  All that rubbish is also a part of learning. It doesn't laat forever.  When we look back,  we laugh at ourselves thinking how crazy it all was,  but at the same time we realize that's how We grew and gained maturity. 

A lot of people here might not have friends to share all of this with. So they pour it here. People correct their craziness by giving them useful insights and through arguments and debates. The only thing is to maintain a friendly spirit and not sabotage the other person's interaction on the forum.  

If this place does not give freedom to express,  then which place will ? 

Its only extreme deviation that should need correction or warning,  a little bit is fine. 

Blabbermouthing is sometimes just a way of coming closer to deeper insights. 

You're talking from an enlightened perspective.  But You need to understand that folks here are on their journey towards it. It's a slow one and there would be lot of ups and downs and you have to be in their place to experience their perspective and ways of understanding the world.

Moderation would be fine. Warnings would be a little too much.

I have an alternative suggestion. Create a separate dump subforum where all these worthless non contributing topics can be moved. And those who wish to argue and vent out can do it there.  Even political stuff can be moved there. Thus it will not affect the quality of the main forum which will only consist of important and relevant stuff. The same could be applied to other subforums as well.  This will solve the flooding issue without compromising the member's freedom to express. 

@Leo Gura It's a humble request. Please don't shut down this forum. I am putting my life's effort into this. 

You shouldn't burn down the house just because there's a rat in it. 

You could have a talk with those few that you have issues with and a public warning system is better.  Specify members names who are flouting the rules before closing the topics. 

After all this forum is labeled self improvement. Look at the top. 

And self-improvement cannot happen without freedom. 

A humble request to not shut down the forum. It means a lot to a lot of people. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

1 minute ago, blazed said:

I said this a few months ago and I basically got booed (not really) and I left the forums for a while, I'm still not very active, there are people living on these forums and not doing anything to be fair, just deluding progress.

The forums should auto block people out of the here for a few months after spamming too many posts :D that would probably help them more than they think.

Maybe they're growing on here.  I know I am.

@blazed I guess blocking for a week would be enough. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

12 minutes ago, blazed said:

You need to be brutally honest if you are though, and that might be the case for you but forums is strictly reading and mental masturbation.

In art we have a saying 1/50 ratio, for 1 session of theory, you do 50 sessions of practice, because you're not going to get anywhere in art by reading books and watching tutorials only.

It's happening to me now.  It's unsettling.  What a paradigm shift. I still have a few matters to clear up though.  Like do others people's emptinesses exist, and is that experientially confirmable or am I just clinging to concept with that assumption.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

24 minutes ago, Loreena said:

It's okay. Sometimes People have different opinions and it might appear awkward and foolish. We all had such moments in our lives where we get crazy, have fantasies, philosophize rubbish but through it all,  we grow, we outgrow and we learn.  All that rubbish is also a part of learning. It doesn't laat forever.  When we look back,  we laugh at ourselves thinking how crazy it all was,  but at the same time we realize that's how We grew and gained maturity. 

A lot of people here might not have friends to share all of this with. So they pour it here. People correct their craziness by giving them useful insights and through arguments and debates. The only thing is to maintain a friendly spirit and not sabotage the other person's interaction on the forum.  

If this place does not give freedom to express,  then which place will ? 

Its only extreme deviation that should need correction or warning,  a little bit is fine. 

Blabbermouthing is sometimes just a way of coming closer to deeper insights. 

You're talking from an enlightened perspective.  But You need to understand that folks here are on their journey towards it. It's a slow one and there would be lot of ups and downs and you have to be in their place to experience their perspective and ways of understanding the world.

Moderation would be fine. Warnings would be a little too much.

I have an alternative suggestion. Create a separate dump subforum where all these worthless non contributing topics can be moved. And those who wish to argue and vent out can do it there.  Even political stuff can be moved there. Thus it will not affect the quality of the main forum which will only consist of important and relevant stuff. The same could be applied to other subforums as well.  This will solve the flooding issue without compromising the member's freedom to express. 

@Leo Gura It's a humble request. Please don't shut down this forum. I am putting my life's effort into this. 

You shouldn't burn down the house just because there's a rat in it. 

You could have a talk with those few that you have issues with and a public warning system is better.  Specify members names who are flouting the rules before closing the topics. 

After all this forum is labeled self improvement. Look at the top. 

And self-improvement cannot happen without freedom. 

A humble request to not shut down the forum. It means a lot to a lot of people. 

You're completely correct.. and i will add something the missing piece, (alot of the member here is just starting maybe me I don't see myself is much better right now but c'mon the moment we enter in this forum we are here opening our minds... I don't know? Maybe it is expectedly that we are newbies we have this strong monkey mind.. please help us to wake up.. it is hard thing to do you alot of here is in the stage that you will se difference about chattering monkey minds and the one who is at very peace full so say it if we gonna calm down or it is the fantacy or monkey mind or something because we are here because we trust one of you... we trust the videos , we trust the techniques and everything in here.. even the people here... i stop facebook and other social media shit.. and i change everything because i want this forum to be my world.. not in the facebook shits.. i want to grow , to learn and to unwrap things 

Edited by John Iverson

Guise, please see the sincerity in every people here .. yes their fault because they give in to their money mind but be considerate because i'm sure they are here to change it.. they will not come here just to play.. and i'm sure they are here because they watch a videos of you Leo.. and every Videos you posted is about 30mins up.. they will not waste their time to watch everything from the beginning up to the last end if they are not in to it.. so let them But guide us...  the only exception here, is the rules like they are like Rali that he change peoples minds of something that in this forum is different what he is saying.. something like that.. but if the problem is the monkey mind? Cmoooon be considerate.... lets make this forum a helping hand in every person here has different realities.. it is hard but it is the mission of this forum right??? 

Edited by John Iverson