harisankartj

How Does Sense Perception Come To Existence?

13 posts in this topic

Nowadays i feel like the entirety of sense perceptions i am feeling is fleeting.Like a dream. One moment i see an object next moment its gone...something else fills my field of perception like a sound. 

It all comes and it all goes. 

One moment i am listening to a soulful song and its making me feel VERY GOOD . Few minutes later i am aware that THAT MOMENT IS GONE . Just like a dream .

So is my family,my friends , what i call "my life" JUST LIKE THIS MOMENT? A moment either feeling good or bad ... then it goes back to being normal... being nothing?

I am just KINDA ..not really but KINDA UPSET bout this.And i wanna know if there is any way i could somehow "create sense perception" (I KNOW,ITS STUPID)

And contemplating on this led me to question how EXACTLY something comes to existence in my field of perception.I mean COME ON!! You dont think its just random luck that i hear something or see someone! There is got to be SOMETHING AT THE BOTTOM!!!

Hmm, "Something At The Bottom"... reminds me of the concept of Vasanas in Advaita Vedanta.

[insert quote here]

@123456789 I checked on google and it showed that vasanas were something like desires. Do you mean that whatever sense perception takes place in my field of awareness does so because i have a desire for  it?

@Nahm It goes against all the laws of the world where i am currently existing so ... i dont think thats possible

@Nahm So ... what we call "objective reality" is INFINITE SENSE PERCEPTION? 

On 6/27/2017 at 9:49 AM, harisankartj said:

Nowadays i feel like the entirety of sense perceptions i am feeling is fleeting.Like a dream. One moment i see an object next moment its gone...something else fills my field of perception like a sound. 

It all comes and it all goes. 

One moment i am listening to a soulful song and its making me feel VERY GOOD . Few minutes later i am aware that THAT MOMENT IS GONE . Just like a dream .

So is my family,my friends , what i call "my life" JUST LIKE THIS MOMENT? A moment either feeling good or bad ... then it goes back to being normal... being nothing?

I am just KINDA ..not really but KINDA UPSET bout this.And i wanna know if there is any way i could somehow "create sense perception" (I KNOW,ITS STUPID)

And contemplating on this led me to question how EXACTLY something comes to existence in my field of perception.I mean COME ON!! You dont think its just random luck that i hear something or see someone! There is got to be SOMETHING AT THE BOTTOM!!!

Any answer you give would just be monkey-chatter when held juxtaposed to reality.  Awareness perceives thoughts and awareness also perceives thought's attempts to define awareness.  Thought can never define reality.  Reality does contain thoughts however.  But even this is monkey-chatter.  You gotta look inside for the answer.  Just look!-- as Wittgenstein would often say.  It's more important to see what is pointed to by the word "thought" than going on a monkey-chatter expedition for the meaning of the word "thought". It took me a long time to figure this out for myself.  Look inside.

Edited by Joseph Maynor