Principium Nexus

Maca - Lepidium Peruvianum

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have been using this root powder for some weeks now and it seems to work very well. It seems to stimulate hormonal balance in the system, you get more energy and feel slightly better.

This is really the first natural thing I would call significant and worthwhile to check out. It should also help to improve fertility (what not my focus is). They say maca was taken by warriors before hunting or war and gave them a good stamina boost. So yeah, check it out!

Maca is <3

I like pairing it with cacao in a smoothie it works but i heard you may need to take breaks from time to time or lower the dosage.

I suggested to my auntie for menopause symptoms and she has been feeling much better since taking it.

B R E A T H E

I love MACA. It's very good for the hormones and tastes great. At the moment, I use Red Peruvian Maca. 

However, Maca is an adaptogen, which means consuming it increases your tolerance to it. You should cycle off it from time to time as to not simply waste its empowering effects. I have it usually 3 days in a row and then avoid it for 2. Or, every other day.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

12 hours ago, Principium Nexus said:

Any other natural supplements that are great? 

Raw Cacao, Maqui or Goji Berry, Bee or Pine pollen, Spirulina/Chlorella, MSM, Camu Camu, Hemp products, Shilajit, Moringa, are some of my favorite things to take often to keep my health wealthy and thriving :)

I also enjoy taking herbs here and there or making herbal teas from one the following

Holy Basil(Tulsi), Ashwagandha, Matcha, Ginseng, Chaga & Reishi Mushroom, Chamomile ect..

Since getting into Superfoods and Herbs and using them respectfully as natural supplements or just as small additives to a more whole food diet my lifestyle has turned around completely. I feel like a child again most of the time when i am not bombarded by society ^^

Hope this helps, research them find what would best suit you, one step at a time, enjoy the journey!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Great topic, thanks for opening this!

Can you get hooked on Maca? I mean in an a way that you seem to lack energy once you stop doing it.  Is it like Caffeine or pre-workouts formulas?  Boy, it took me a while to unhook myself from those :D

Also, how do you guys dose it and eat it? 

Thanks !

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

No I dont experience any withdrawls, its not like caffeine at all. Caffeine can be viewed as sharp whereas this is more rounded feeling :D

I put some in my tea but you could also put it in food as a spice. Dose is like third/half a tea spoon