nian

If I Stop Thinking

10 posts in this topic

does Reality continue to create itself? I'm worried that if I stop being strategic I will stop meditating, working out and so on. Reality is also creating my thinking so I can't stop it literally, I only shift awareness to the senses. Will I stop working on myself if I let go? I've noticed a decrease in efforts lately and I didn't do anything about it... I just watch it and tell myself that it's gonna be fine. Oh man... I'm really confused. Don't know whats right or wrong anymore... I'm losing it... 

I think the problem is excessive thinking. During the day you need to think about where you go and what you want to do, where to eat and so on but our thoughts don't stop there. We think constantly about everything that doesn't need to be thought about and we miss a lot from our day.

4 hours ago, nian said:

Stop Thinking

Your thoughts have no roots, they have no home; they wander just like clouds. So you need not fight them, you need not be against them, you need not even try to stop thoughts.

This should become a deep understanding in you, because whenever a person becomes interested in meditation he starts trying to stop thinking. And if you try to stop thoughts they will never be stopped, because the very effort to stop is a thought, the very effort to meditate is a thought, the very effort to attain buddhahood is a thought. And how can you stop a thought by another thought? How can you stop mind by creating another mind? Then you will be clinging to the other. And this will go on and on, ad nauseam; then there is no end to it.

Don´t fight – because who will fight? Who are you? Just a thought, so don´t make yourself a battleground of one thought fighting another. Rather, be a witness, you just watch thoughts floating. They stop, but not by your stopping. They stop by your becoming more aware, not by any effort on your part to stop them.

Osho, Tantra: the Supreme Understanding, Talk #2

I think for I am is dumb fuckinf statement. Yes. It will keep "creating" itself. Also you can not juggle your attachmeny to self development and the path at one time. They contradict each other. I recommend gettimg to a place where the ego tolerable. Where you are stable and functional, and then jump right in the path amd let it destroy you. Utterly and completely. Becareful what you ask for though. Your experience will eventually become bettet thn anything you imagine but the ego will need to be humbled time and time again to get there. Which will be rather difficult.

A bit of humble advice if i may. Dont worry about yourself so damn much, The best thing you can do for yourself is to leave yourself alone xDxD fat chance right?

its deeper than just letting your mind go wild and DO what it says to do (yes meditation and exercise are a minds "doing") ...  in a sense we all have our own "thing", a natural sort of expression.  it just takes some time to figure out what that ISN'T, before what that IS can come to the surface.

Let who are be recognized, then find God, enlightenment, Jesus, whatever.... keep in mind, this whole .. life thingy... is all about you, so why walk around miserable and confused?

@nian you only exist within you thinking. To see this, a lack of thinking is required. 

In a storm of thoughts things are hard to see or notis 9_9.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:45 PM, nian said:

does Reality continue to create itself? I'm worried that if I stop being strategic I will stop meditating, working out and so on. Reality is also creating my thinking so I can't stop it literally, I only shift awareness to the senses. Will I stop working on myself if I let go? I've noticed a decrease in efforts lately and I didn't do anything about it... I just watch it and tell myself that it's gonna be fine. Oh man... I'm really confused. Don't know whats right or wrong anymore... I'm losing it... 

Reality continues on whether you are thinking or not.  Thought actually is the only screen between you and reality.  If you ceased thinking for a bit, you would see what is as it is.

You motivation to do things may decrease, but it is only the ego that needs motivation to do things.  You can still do things simply for the enjoyment of it.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

Thanks for your answers. It's been a while. Had lots of exams lately. You're so right about me only existing in my thoughts, means being the content of thoughts. I am also not able to control them, only to shift awareness away from thoughts. For how I now see everything is that there are two input streams entering my awareness, thoughts and reality, that is all there is. 

Thanks a lot again. Love this forum and all the helpful people out there. 

Thoughts are tools of the mind but don't become a tool of the mind's thoughts.