How to be wise

How To Get A Samadhi Experience

18 posts in this topic

I would like to know how to get a samadhi experience. Any book or video referrals will be nice too. I know it has something to do with concentration, but beyond that I don't know. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

8 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

I've read Osho's Wikipedia page before, and I saw that he was involved in some terrorist attacks and was kicked out of the US. 

Was he really an enlightened person? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

I saw that he was involved in some terrorist attacks and was kicked out of the US. 

If a person is involved in some terrorist attacks, I wonder why he is not prosecuted and punished for terrorist attacks ? 

3 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

If a person is involved in some terrorist attacks, I wonder why he is not prosecuted and punished for terrorist attacks ? 

Okay, but why did he have ANYTHING to do with those attacks. 

I mean, he told the authorities that his secretary and her friends were actually behind the attack or something. 

1 minute ago, How to be wise said:

I mean, he told the authorities that his secretary and her friends were actually behind the attack or something. 

He criticized Jesus, Pope, Mother Teresa, politicians and many others. It is said that it was a CIA plot to destroy his commune and deport him. His secretary betrayed him.

He was deported on minor charges of immigration fraud, not due to involvement in terror attacks,

But why would an enlightened person want to go and criticise all those people, I mean he sounds more dogmatic than a sage. 

5 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

But why would an enlightened person want to go and criticise all those people, I mean he sounds more dogmatic than a sage. 

We have Jesus in the bible whipping out traders doing business outside the Jewish temple.

6 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

We have Jesus in the bible whipping out traders doing business outside the Jewish temple.

Okay that's messed up man. Why did Leo call these people sages? I mean they sound more like Zen Devils, people who abuse their enlightenment. 

Just now, How to be wise said:

I mean they sound more like Zen Devils, people who abuse their enlightenment. 

Enlightened master is interested in transforming you, he wants to break your sleep, he wants to disconnect you from your past. He can criticize others out of compassion. 

37 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Well, don't assume an enlightened being "won't be critical". Any enlightened master has their own point of view just like anybody else. 

Much like Jesus, being enlightened means you are ready to be crucified to tell your Truth. 

If Osho said whatever he said about Jesus, Mother Teresa and so on, he was authentically expressing himself, and it dosent make him a "Zen devil". 

''Firmness in Love" 

@Prabhaker @Dizzy why does some enlightened beings go and express there veiws and some still in caves dosent care about anything.

This might be a foolish question but i have to ask are ones in caves more enlightenend than ones expressing? 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

1 hour ago, Harikrishnan said:

@Prabhaker @Dizzy why does some enlightened beings go and express there veiws and some still in caves dosent care about anything.

This might be a foolish question but i have to ask are ones in caves more enlightenend than ones expressing? 

Enlightenment it's the full realization of our true nature. If one decides to live in a cave, that's his choice and his way of being. If one decides to be active in the worldly system, that's also his choice. In my opinion there is no such a thing as "more" or less enlightened, the difference is how they choose to live their life and express their Truth.

Consider all the masters and their teachings and wisdom. Look at Jesus, Buddha, Plato, Einstein, Ramana Maharsi, Yogananda, Peter Ralston, Osho and so so many ancient masters and sages as well as of today's.
Look how they all point to the same concept, but none of them got all the answers of the vast universe. 

Like Leo says, you can be enlightened and work at 7/11 or use the full realization to "be the change you want to see in the world".

Well, I guess we are way off the subject of the guy's question and I apologize @How to be wise

''Firmness in Love" 

1 hour ago, Dizzy said:

Enlightenment it's the full realization of our true nature. If one decides to live in a cave, that's his choice and his way of being. If one decides to be active in the worldly system, that's also his choice. In my opinion there is no such a thing as "more" or less enlightened, the difference is how they choose to live their life and express their Truth.

Consider all the masters and their teachings and wisdom. Look at Jesus, Buddha, Plato, Einstein, Ramana Maharsi, Yogananda, Peter Ralston, Osho and so so many ancient masters and sages as well as of today's.
Look how they all point to the same concept, but none of them got all the answers of the vast universe. 

Like Leo says, you can be enlightened and work at 7/11 or use the full realization to "be the change you want to see in the world".

Well, I guess we are way off the subject of the guy's question and I apologize @How to be wise

Einstein is not a sage... 

3 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

why does some enlightened beings go and express there veiws and some still in caves dosent care about anything.

A dancer may be a buddha, a singer may be a buddha, but these people will not be recognized, for the simple reason that their way of doing things cannot become a teaching. It cannot help people really to come out of their sleep. But they are doing their best; whatever they can do, they are doing.

The very few people who become masters are those who have earned in their many lives a certain articulateness, a certain insight into words, language, the sound of words, the symmetry and the poetry of language. It is a totally different thing. It is not a question of linguistics or grammar, it is more a question of finding in ordinary language some extraordinary music, of creating the quality of great poetry in ordinary prose. They know how to play with words so that you can be helped to go beyond words.

It is not that they have chosen to be masters, and it is not that existence has chosen them to be masters. It is just a coincidence: before enlightenment they had been great teachers and they became masters because of enlightenment. Now they can change their teaching into mastery – and certainly that is the most difficult part. Those who remain silent and disappear peacefully with nobody knowing them have an easy way,

The Path of the Mystic ~ Osho

Enlightenment certainly disturbs much psychosomatic health, because it is something for which the body is not ready or prepared. Nature has not built in anything in the body so that enlightenment can be absorbed. Suddenly a mountain falls on you – you are bound to be crushed.

Why do nine persons out of ten remain silent? At the most it has been said, ”Because truth cannot be said.” It is true, but there is a far more important thing which has not been mentioned. Out of ten people, nine people’s brains get disturbed. They are no longer able to use the brain mechanism for speaking, so it is better, they feel, to remain silent.

They can see perfectly that their brain mechanism is no longer in a functioning state. And naturally... the brain is a very subtle phenomenon; in the small skull of man almost seven million small nerves create your brain. They are so small and so delicate that any small shock can disturb them, can destroy them – and enlightenment is a tremendous lightning shock. It goes through the brain disturbing many cells, many nerves.

Only one person out of ten can save his brain, and that is the person who has used his brain so much that by sheer use it has become stronger and stronger. If he had not become enlightened, he would have been a great philosopher, a great logician, a great mathematician or a great physicist. He had a strongly built machine which could have been a Bertrand Russell or an Albert Einstein – or a Gautam Buddha.

But ordinarily, people don’t use the brain so much. For ordinary work it is not needed. Only five percent of your capacity – the average human being uses five percent of his brain. And the people you call very great geniuses use only fifteen percent. But if a person has used his brain to at least one-third of its capacity – that is, thirty-three percent – then it has strength enough to survive enlightenment. Not only can it survive enlightenment, it can serve it too.

Out of ten persons whose brains survive, nine never become masters; only one becomes a master. The nine can at the most be teachers. They can talk about their experience. They can quote scriptures. They can be very famous teachers. People can mistake them for masters; they will have many followers – but they are not masters, because the quality of the master is missing in them.

The Path of the Mystic ~ Osho

23 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Einstein is not a sage... 

Einstein was not a spiritual sage, but was enlightened and applied his wisdom to develop the theory of relativity.

I may be wrong, but in my opinion there is no way he would come up to the conclusion he did if he was "just" genius - on the brain level.
And that was my point on putting up his name up there ;) He "used" enlightenment to teach physics and the philosophy of science. 

''Firmness in Love" 

@How to be wise Samadhi experience is easy and hard. Easy because you will only be doing one thing and hard because doing only one thing or concentrating on one thing is hard. Most people today are very distracted by so many stuff so focusing on one thing is harder and harder.

I love doing breathing meditation for Samadhi.

16 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Okay that's messed up man. Why did Leo call these people sages? I mean they sound more like Zen Devils, people who abuse their enlightenment. 

@How to be wise no one really knows who they were, literature of of Jesus started much after they died, until then there were only stories passed from generation to generation by mouth. When any of these figures (Jesus, Buddha, Moses, etc) are referred to, it's mostly as an allegory.

16 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Osho said (in a video) he was intentionally saying outrageous things, because it makes you think about things you take for granted.