Socrates

Open Vs Closed Eyes

4 posts in this topic

Idealy should you keep your eyes open or closed during mindfulness meditation/self inquiry?

23 minutes ago, Socrates said:

Idealy should you keep your eyes open or closed during mindfulness meditation/self inquiry?

Balance between the two! Almost always the answer is balance. However, in my view closed eyes brings about more insights, because your attention is not being flooded with visual information.

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

For me I was very distracted by having my eyes open in meditation. Now it is still a distraction but it has quieted down quite a bit. I believe because we are so vision oriented it causes unnecessary distraction.

I also have something I have noticed in meditation. If I can keep my eyes still without movement then I get a sensation I felt while trying DMT. The feeling of going through a vortex or tunnel or something. When I was on DMT I freaked out about that feeling and forced my eyes open (it was very hard). I saw a large wormhole spinning in front of me sucking everything in around it, it was distorting space and matter. So I no longer try to open my eyes because I feel that I need to try to experiment with holding the eyes still to experiment with this feeling. I timed myself today and was able to get that vortex feeling in about 8 minutes. It seems to be all about the eyes holding still for me.