Joseph Maynor

How Do You Guys And Gals Practice Positive Thinking, A Killer Personal Development Hack

6 posts in this topic

I think this is my very favorite Leo video, and in my opinion one of the most profound personal development hacks you can practice.  The hack is called positive thinking.  Watch the video to refresh your memory of this awesome strategy.  And comment on it below, so I can get my hands dirty getting my own positive thinking strategies in place.  This is work I wanna be doing now.  It seems simple, but it is really advanced personal development work.  It takes a lot of awareness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

Just no... This is in no way advanced work at all. Anybody can think positively  and it rarely works or has any lasting impact on people's lives because people are lazy, inconsistent and expect too much too soon. 

Reprogramming your mind is tricky and positive thinking is not enough by itself. By the way, be very skeptical about anything you claim to be a "hack". There are no hacks or magic pill solutions.  Personal development techniques work when you practice them for years, not days or months. 

@Christian Wow, really Christian!  Damn I'm Suprised  that you're opposed to me on those grounds?  I'm really surprised by this!  Uh Maybe I shouldn't be!  Ok, I don't know.  Wow.  My language is what it is.  It's like my fingerprint.  I can't do much about it.  Don't get offended dude.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

I think it is neither trivial or easy to think positively if you practice for a long time  -- months and years. It can have an impact on your psyche, but it takes a lot of time, patience, consistency and practice. And it requires that you get very clear on what you want first before you can manifest it. The more specific, the better. More money, a nice relationship, good friends are examples of vague desires and the law of attraction says you can't manifest these things by being wishy-washy. Clarity of intent is a foundational principle. 

You need to be clear. It is better to say "I have 5000 dollars in my bank account" rather than "I want more money". The first statement is stated in the present and tangible, the second is not.  

You also need a consistent daily practice -- it could be visualizations or positive affirmations regarding a specific goal. At least 60-90 days straight. 

If you do these things, that makes positive thinking neither trivial or easy. It makes it difficult yet powerful. To complete these 60-90 days of consistent practice requires 100% commitment from you. 

But sure, just thinking positively one day, that is trivial and easy. 

Neuroplasticity has found that the brain grows muscles it uses.

Therefore if the brain is depressed all the time it will be good at being depressed. If it once day starts to practice being positive then this sets the brain in motion to become stronger at seeing the big picture instead of the limited negative often one sided view.

Positive thinking works its just not easy if you aren't aware enough to keep it consistent. 

But if your referring to the law of attraction I have NO idea about that :P

Edited by S33K3R