BjarkeT

Going Out Of Your Comfort Zone As A Habbit

7 posts in this topic

Hey :)

have anyone tryed to go out of ones comefort zone maybe not to the edge but just a little outside of it and as a habbit?(doing it everyday)

(a little similar like explained in this video)

i am considering to do this my self and i have tryed it the last few days and i feel like i have made a few improvements.

i think the advantages of making this as a habbit just do one thing that is outside of your comfort zone everyday over a long period of time(maybe like a year for example) could maybe get you very far(one example you could be doing is for example one of the things leo recommends in hes video like taking 100% responsibility or being radical honest)

have anyone else done something similar before? If you did do you think it made a huge contribution to exspand ones comfortzone?

kind regards :)

This video relates. Thought i might add. 

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

23 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

have anyone tryed to go out of ones comefort zone maybe not to the edge but just a little outside of it and as a habbit?(doing it everyday)

i am considering to do this my self and i have tryed it the last few days and i feel like i have made a few improvements.

i think the advantages of making this as a habbit just do one thing that is outside of your comfort zone everyday over a long period of time(maybe like a year for example) could maybe get you very far(one example you could be doing is for example one of the things leo recommends in hes video like taking 100% responsibility or being radical honest)

have anyone else done something similar before? If you did do you think it made a huge contribution to exspand ones comfortzone?

@BjarkeT thanks a lot! If I give you my inner stubbornly-pushing-self's dial up number, could you tell it not to snap?xDsince I'm generally in a rodeo ride with it, maybe it'll listen you better:)

I really appreciate to refresh this fact thought seriously, thank you.

I try to do that as much as possible, the key is really but I mean really to find the comfortable in the uncomfortable
do something that's uncomfortable, but only slightly uncomfortable where it feels actually still comfortable.
something that's out of the norm, but small enough so that you keep your cool. 

it's funny,but you're trying to make your discomfort zone comfortable, and the best way to do this is to find comfort in the discomfort,
not to go full on ''I'll face that discomforting thing head on!'' rambo-mode. 

find the sweet limit where you're expanding the zone but you still find comfortable.
this way it's not stressful to stretch your comfort zone, and you can keep doing it, even if it's small steps, and the more you go,
the bigger your steps can be, suddenly you feel comfortable doing things that felt so uncomfortable before but you didn't even have to go through a huge phase of discomfort.

it's really simple but its true, if you want to be more comfortable in your life then start being more comfortable, not more discomfortable
the thing is we set the bar too high,a huge part of people not being able to tackle new challenges is not the base discomfort itself, but the huge judgement, the high standards, which bring an insane amount of discomfort that has nothing to do with the native discomfort. 

being uncomfortable is supposed to be a slightly unpleasant feeling but still manageable, not this dread and horror feeling which most people actually deal with and recognize as their discomfort.  one has to see judgement and expectations are too high

patience is needed,and acceptance so that we can tackle challenge on a comfortable pace

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

6 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

not to go full on ''I'll face that discomforting thing head on!'' rambo-mode. 

Message received:)

7 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

to tackle new challenges is not the base discomfort itself, but the huge judgement, the high standards, which bring an insane amount of discomfort that has nothing to do with the native discomfort. 

Thanks for enlightening this subtlety. So true.

4 hours ago, BjarkeT said:

You know? I believe this incremental stretching outside of our comfort zone makes me look back to my progression with self awareness. I would slowly stretch my emotional comfort zone and over time the same thing happened. A bigger comfort zone resulted over time :) Depression anxiety all of that doesnt cause discomfort anymore. Interesting!