Joseph Maynor

How Does A Person Actually Practice Law Of Attraction

24 posts in this topic

I've watched Leo's video on Law of Attraction as well.  

I am very practical minded and follow procedures or rules very well.

Can somebody give me a procedure for practicing law of attraction?  

Like, let's assume I am going to be sitting down with pen in hand for 20 minutes per day to do law of attraction work, what would you advise me to do?

I'm excited to hear your responses!  I want to start integrating in this practice because it "sounds good" although time will tell for me whether it works or not.  I'm willing to give it a college try.

@Joseph Maynor

The Law of Attraction, became immensely popular feeding on people’s greed, you can attract whatever you want in your life – money, success, the perfect relationship, great house, car etc – simply by focusing on it with the positive intent to have it.

In other words, by using positive intention, or positive thinking, you can manifest whatever you want for your life.

Every ‘new’ formula for success based on positive thinking is always a hit – after all, who wouldn’t want an easy way to get rich? It appeals perfectly to the greedy, lazy age we live in.

Positive thinking cannot change anything because it is a way of avoiding looking at the unconscious mind, which is full of our negativity.…by your not seeing it, do you think it disappears? You are just befooling yourself. You cannot change reality. The night will still be there; you can think that it is daytime for twenty-four hours, but by your thinking it, it is not going to be light twenty-four hours a day. 

Positive thinking does not work, because it is done with the conscious mind. And the conscious mind is not what is running our lives. 

It means that we may consciously think we want more money, and focus on the visualization of a nice fat bank account of a few million, but if there is a belief in our unconscious mind that we don’t deserve to be rich, that we will never win the lottery, that it is something for other people not me, then guess what – no matter how much and for how long you visualize those millions, you will never get them!

First learn meditation and clean your unconscious mind.

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I've watched Leo's video on Law of Attraction as well.  

I am very practical minded and follow procedures or rules very well.

Can somebody give me a procedure for practicing law of attraction?  

Like, let's assume I am going to be sitting down with pen in hand for 20 minutes per day to do law of attraction work, what would you advise me to do?

I'm excited to hear your responses!  I want to start integrating in this practice because it "sounds good" although time will tell for me whether it works or not.  I'm willing to give it a college try.

I recommend to look at "Law of Attraction" as more of a law of mirroring. Basically, life will attract to you whatever your "vibration" dictates. So, if you have a lot of inner turmoil, then life will attract to you lots of situations that mirror that turmoil in order that you may become aware of that turmoil and address it. So, the Law of Attraction is already happening to you and it's happening in a way that's perfectly designed for the expansion of the real self (aka God/Universe/Nothingness/etc/) 

So, the best thing you can do with the LOA is to use it as an awareness tool for things that you need to address. Then, as you become more and more aware, you will flow more effortlessly through the life you're meant to have. And no matter what the circumstances may be, you'll be far more at peace and fulfilled than if you tried to simply manifest whatever you want from where you are right now. Most times, people think that we know what we want, but can be very mistaken. So, to try to attract this or that into your life without addressing what LOA is mirroring to you right now is just going to manifest more of the same problems until you address them. 

Edited by Emerald

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Prabhaker what do you think of Leo's video on positive thinking?  It's one of my favorite videos of his.  Maybe read the transcript of the video,  One is posted for it.  I'm curious.  I'm getting good results from practicing the tips in that video.  I look forward to your response.  Positive thinking is one of my best new personal development hacks.  But maybe I'm mistaken.  Check it out!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

But maybe I'm mistaken

No, you are not mistaken. Use can use imagination to change negative into positive. So if a negative idea comes, immediately change it to a positive thought. 

But it appeals particularly to mediocre minds. The philosophy of positive thinking means being untruthful; it means being dishonest. It means seeing a certain thing and yet denying what you have seen; it means deceiving yourself and others. In fact, all these believers in positive philosophy are basically negative. To hide that negativity they believe firmly in the positive philosophy.

Positive thinking is simply the philosophy of hypocrisy – to give it the right name. When you are feeling like crying, it teaches you to sing. You can manage if you try, but those repressed tears will come out at some point, in some situation. There is a limitation to repression.

Once Gautam Buddha was asked, ”Why don’t you teach your people to pray?” It was an obvious question – a religion without prayer is simply inconceivable to many people. And the answer Buddha gave is as fresh today as it was twenty-five centuries before, as new and as revolutionary. He said, “I don’t teach my people to pray because their prayers will harm them. Right now they are not conscious enough to ask for anything, and whatsoever they ask will be wrong. First, let them become conscious enough. I teach them how to become more conscious and then it is up to them.

So, positive thinking can work as long as you are able to repress your negative thoughts but unless you are fully conscious you will not know what is good for you, what are your real needs.

@Joseph Maynor I took multiple pills, saw psychiatrists, ate like shit and had the negative mind set that Prabaker is referring to / displaying in this post. It sucked and nothing helped. I read Think and grow rich, which lead to others. I started ONLY THINKING ABOUT WHAT I WANT ALWAYS. Stopped taking pills. Stopped seeing dr's. Started excercising and eating healthy. Lost 50 pounds. Became a millionaire. Travelled to many countries. Played many gigs. Found the love of my life and have 3 wonderful kids. Live on an island in a too big house. All while working 1 or 2 days a week.  People who tell you positive thinking doesn't matter, just aren't doing it, indicative of telling you your thoughts don't matter. Listen to them if you want, or get going only only thinking about what you want. Be thankful that everyone is not doing this, the competition factor would be off the charts! A call back to your last post....monkey mind goes away too. (Daily meditation required - for me at least) Nobody ever refers to good feeling thoughts as monkey mind. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Prabhaker Love you man. Love all your contributions. read what you wrote here and tell me how it feels to others. That's your vibe Prab. It's shocking what dreams may come. You know reality is God and all of it loves you, you know it only appears physical, you know that you do not beat your heart or takes your breaths, you know there is no line between you and everything else, what is it that holds you back so?

@Nahm Did you "purify" or uncover your unconscious negative thoughts/beliefs before/during practicing positive thinking? I'm asking because I watched this video recently 

He states that it will not work if you just cover your deep rooted convictions about yourself with a superficial layer of positive thinking, because the different personality-fragments will be in conflict and find expression sooner or later (simplified). He bases this statement  on years of observation as a hypnotherapist

@Echoes He would be perfectly accurate if he would only add the words "for me" at the end of the title.  

Meditation returns me to no momentum. Then I think, speak, write, etc, only what I want.  This reminds me of one of the Buddhist basics....the difference between pain and suffering.  It seems he holds that the personality is a stationary physical object. There is no reason to retain that of the personality which is not serving me. After all, I'm nothing, I'm an idiot, I'm a joke, I'm a genius, I'm the m'f'n riddler...what does it matter? Focus matters in the sense it is the floor below personality. Focus and thinking are not the same.

@Nahm He says "try for yourself and feel free to disagree". But I found his stories about clients he had where things backfired very interesting. It isn't that he thinks that the personality is a stationary object, but more that it has a complex dynamic consisting of several unconscious beliefsystems/social circumstances/fears/wishes/etc. So when you change certain things in that system the whole system changes and adapts. There are sometimes dynamics for example where one is focusing or fixating on thoughts that ultimately do not serve them, but still one is continuing holding on because they are getting something out of it. (Like a victim mentality: It doesn't do good, but the fixating on a bullying, negative world that want you see suffer is prefered to having to face fear and admit mistakes)

What about hearing some Binaural beats for clearing subconcious junks 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Nahm Wow.  You're very full of love.  How did you get that way?  And what is love?  What is the source of love?

@Joseph Maynor Thanks. You are full of love my friend. I saw it in the first second I saw your picture and it was reaffirmed in your first word. It's all love & filters. There is nothing to do really, no were to go. It's all love. I'm doing what all of us are doing, letting myself aside and filling with light. 

@Joseph Maynor i don't know how else i can express it.   i am decades in on only thinking of what i want.   if u want to feel love all the time, just give it.   if its hard, its because u are not thinking of what u want and must start again.  momentum is everything.   shocking and awesome what comes

On 6/23/2017 at 8:26 PM, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor I took multiple pills, saw psychiatrists, ate like shit and had the negative mind set that Prabaker is referring to / displaying in this post. It sucked and nothing helped. I read Think and grow rich, which lead to others. I started ONLY THINKING ABOUT WHAT I WANT ALWAYS. Stopped taking pills. Stopped seeing dr's. Started excercising and eating healthy. Lost 50 pounds. Became a millionaire. Travelled to many countries. Played many gigs. Found the love of my life and have 3 wonderful kids. Live on an island in a too big house. All while working 1 or 2 days a week.  People who tell you positive thinking doesn't matter, just aren't doing it, indicative of telling you your thoughts don't matter. Listen to them if you want, or get going only only thinking about what you want. Be thankful that everyone is not doing this, the competition factor would be off the charts! A call back to your last post....monkey mind goes away too. (Daily meditation required - for me at least) Nobody ever refers to good feeling thoughts as monkey mind. 

Could you have said it better ? Just how many people fail to grasp this and keep demonizing the law of attraction, attaching it to greed. They just miss the whole point. Glad you brought it up. 

If anyone says law of attraction doesn't work, I would say add " for me."

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly