Angelique

Is Love An Illusion?

24 posts in this topic

Romantic love is a conscious decision to extend oneself,  to nurture a spiritual growth of self or another person. The vibrant feeling we label as "being in love" is actually a sexual attraction disguised as this vivid feeling,  by which the nature is tricking us to find a mate and produce an offspring while we still can. Evolution is smart and beautiful and has ways to trick the mind. 

This is why so many couples fail after years or months.  They seek "the feeling" that they had at the beginning. What they really seek is the sexual vibration they had and no longer have, it always passes with time.

The real love is what comes after the sexual attraction is over, the real love is working on growing yourself and the other person, it is opening yourself to giving and getting while growing together.  

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@jimrich Hey that's pretty good, I like that perspective quite a lot! 

@jimrich I'm sorry to define each Of those as different. When they are all the same to me. I do feel all of them the same. There is an immense amount of love in every moment. 

When I say not so loved I am referring to the moments in life when I forget about this abundant love more than I feel comfortable forgetting. 

I hope that helps :D