Angelique

Is Love An Illusion?

24 posts in this topic

I asked myself this question: does love has a main station where it manifest itself? If it does where does it come from? They say the neurons in our brain produce this feeling, but if they do and the brain is dead, then in my point of vieuw it's an ilussion. What are your thoughts on this?

I believe lust is an illusion of the primitive mind. As far as love I have felt love in my meditations for years now. To be still and feel the present without any distraction is love to me. To do that with another would be an even greater love. I believe love is all around us. 

Sometimes when I am not feeling so loved, I sit and look around me. I begin to imagine how much time went into everything around me. The house I am living in, the car I drive, the computer I am typing on. Think of how much thought and energy went into this world around us, from man and the universe. I could do that all day. It never fails, by the end of doing this I feel so much love it amazes me. I am so grateful for all of the things that happened before me to give me this moment right here right now :)

Could you imagine how many hours of peoples lives were spent just so that we could have what we have???? To me this is love, self sacrifice to provide a fruit for future generations. This is the love of a parent. Its all around us, I find these realizations wonderful!!

Edited by S33K3R
I never stop thinking :P

22 minutes ago, S33K3R said:

I believe lust is an illusion of the primitive mind. As far as love I have felt love in my meditations for years now. To be still and feel the present without any distraction is love to me. To do that with another would be an even greater love. I believe love is all around us. 

Sometimes when I am not feeling so loved, I sit and look around me. I begin to imagine how much time went into everything around me. The house I am living in, the car I drive, the computer I am typing on. Think of how much thought and energy went into this world around us, from man and the universe. I could do that all day. It never fails, by the end of doing this I feel so much love it amazes me. I am so grateful for all of the things that happened before me to give me this moment right here right now :)

Could you imagine how many hours of peoples lives were spent just so that we could have what we have???? To me this is love, self sacrifice to provide a fruit for future generations. This is the love of a parent. Its all around us, I find these realizations wonderful!!

Wow.. this is so beautiful! so beautiful.. thanks for sharing this?

?

@Angelique everything is a illusion. Even more so, you giving a certain value to something based on your ideas. 

We live in a illusion. And illusions are all we have. So they might aswell be absolute truths. Theres no diference. :D

On the contrary, Love is probably the only real thing that exists :D

B R E A T H E

we exist. things exist. that's Love.

have an awesome life!

unborn Truth

@Angelique Love is what comes forth when judgement disappears. But it is not because of judgement being the opposite of love, even judgement is under the umbrella of love.

Love is, love is pure perception. The more whe add layers onto love the more we perceive love-less-ness. But it is only out of love. Love so pure and so infinite, that it doesnt care if you perceive it and honour it.

Love is

You are But a ray, one of infinite rays of expressions of love.

I love you and you love me. Forever-until eternity arrives there will be a never ending soul-mate relationship between you and I and all beings.

Love is the primordial field, love is the onenness of all, and love is you and you are me. 

Love is.

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Have had awakenings in the past where I was informed that life is essentially a vessel for love, but then it abandoned me and left me more destitute than I was before.  So I think life is essentially "love", but it's more like just getting a little taste here and there just to remind you of what could be if the ego did not exist.

@Nichols Harvey I always thougt love is the opposite of fear and not hate as fear vibrate's on a low level and love vibrate's on a high level...

Edited by Angelique

On 23/06/2017 at 8:28 PM, pluto said:

On the contrary, Love is probably the only real thing that exists :D

If one steps away from the fairytale and looks at what is with clear eyes - true Reality is devoid of love.

There is no love in nature. Love is an entirely human concept. As any concept, it has become subject to numerous discussion and poetic expression.

enlightened no one

www.enlightenmentmyth.com

5 hours ago, Tano said:

If one steps away from the fairytale and looks at what is with clear eyes - true Reality is devoid of love.

There is no love in nature. Love is an entirely human concept. As any concept, it has become subject to numerous discussion and poetic expression.

You misunderstand, i am talking about unconditional/universal love not the human concept of love.

Only direct experience can explain this to one properly but if i were to put it in words it would probably be something like..

L Iving

O ne

V ibrational

E nergy

Love/Home/Oneness = Ultimately the same thing

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

6 hours ago, pluto said:

You misunderstand, i am talking about unconditional/universal love not the human concept of love.

Only direct experience can explain this to one properly but if i were to put it in words it would probably be something like..

L Iving

O ne

V ibrational

E nergy

Love/Home/Oneness = Ultimately the same thing

Then don't call it 'love'. Call it 'vibrational energy' or some such. No one has the slightest idea what 'love' is, but people surely want to 'have it' and come up with many explanations, both poetic and psychologically technical.

enlightened no one

On 23/06/2017 at 9:15 PM, ajasatya said:

we exist. things exist. that's Love.

have an awesome life!

Just remember that serial killers also - exist.

enlightened no one

3 minutes ago, Tano said:

Just remember that serial killers also - exist.

existence is a big loving salad! xD

unborn Truth

5 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

existence is a big loving salad! xD

I hope they (serial killers) will not 'love' you too much.

enlightened no one

Just now, Tano said:

I hope they (serial killers) will not 'love' you too much.

i bet they won't. i'm not talking about love as something relative. i'm talking about love as the simple fact of existing, which is already mindblowing enough.

if i am to embrace duality, i cultivate the pragmatic relative love in order to connect deeply to people.
if i am to embrace oneness, i cultivate absolute love and acceptance in order to contemplate existence.

unborn Truth

Do you mean romantic Love?? Well if that's the case it is creation also in the mind how you feel it is based on your brain that produced chemicals .. but the word Love as is? Hmm it is not an illusion you must experience to be in being  you will understand that your nature will flow outward and the love thing will go with the flow... because love is also our in nature so yea