alyra

A Quick Thought About Life Purpose

2 posts in this topic

(note that I haven't yet done the life purpose course)

I realized this morning that, life purpose doesn't have to be your life purpose, aka something unique and singularly outstanding. It can be something that gives your life purpose. Aka, something that falls in a category of "things I really wish I was a part of, even if is small in the grand scheme of my life"

I do not feel like I have much that single-handedly encaptures all the things I find meaningful in life, and struggle to imagine how that even is worth chasing. Sounds like a quick path to stagnation :P but when I can identify various things that give outstanding purpose to my sense of action - well not in so many words. ideas in my head are quick, abstract and whole in that way. describing it kills the beauty of the simplicity of understanding :P

but basically right now I want to build a game in the same genre of a series I've loved. and other projects, but this one's been on my mind the most recently. But I have been frustrated on my inability to make any progress towards that goal at all! but then today I realized that this game itself doesn't have to "Be my life's purpose" it can just be the purpose that I focus on. It has the potential to drive my growth in fulfilling my plans, in actually doing the tasks I set out before myself. something i've been struggling with growing. so I'm pretty excited! 

Yes!! It seems such a big task to make such a decision, life purpose!!! Sounds heavy :P I myself used to struggle with this. Then I started seeing things much like you said. I started thinking about what I do for others instead of what should do. I slowly realized I have some profound gifts that I can send out into the world which can help some greatly. 

Therefore I have given up on deciding on a "life purpose" and instead adopted a mentality of getting to know my true self. This helps me know my talents, and I can alter my approach to give the best of myself to the world. Thus in the end I give the gifts I am meant to give and fulfill my "life purpose" without ever debating or getting hung up on such a difficult decision.