Mrkvn8

What The Fuck Are Healthy Ways To Have Fun?

31 posts in this topic

I'm miserable and lost on this self-Actualization path. No drugs, barely any friends.

Aside from deep conversations, where the fuck is the pleasure in life???

@Mrkvn8

• music
  • poetry
  • dancing
  • painting
  • mathematics
  • physics
  • chemistry
  • peace of mind
  • love in the heart
  • practicing yoga
  • eating healthily
  • building an united family
  • reading
  • seeing people smiling
  • hugging

unborn Truth

@Mrkvn8 Good question :D The point is to be happy without doing anything, pleasure is to be avoided in a sense.

Maybe the problem isn't so much in the finding of pleasure through activities, but that you're dealing with something that is blocking you inside or weighing on you inside, that is keeping you from taking pleasure in life?

@Mrkvn8 Maybe consider: instead of thinking about it as "ways" to have fun...as in specific activities (although @ajasatya has you covered with those, awesome)...you could alternately think of it as "THE way YOU have FUN" as in: allowing yourself to have: the wonder of a child, the bliss of truly savouring, and the freedom of truthful, joyful, expression, etc  :) 

Everything's amazing dude. Just gotta learn to be in life again (meaning healing the contractions you took up as a child). 

@Mrkvn8 Firstly, I love this question because, as a sensation seeking person, this has been difficult for me in my still lower stages of development and maturity.

Honestly, I want to get super drunk, fall in love, and listen to blaringly loud music with people I barely know. The routines and sobriety required for self-actualization are suffocating and depressing at times. 

Hikes, river rafting, and planning solo road trips seem like the most fun I will have. Of course, enlightenment experiences are fantastic and satisfy the urges of the sensation seeker. 

We can say we need to enjoy being still, but....come on. 

Motorcycle?

nothing is anything

Watch all of Leo's psychedelics videos and live vicariously through them.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Mrkvn8 It's all around you right now. 

One time, a few years ago, I stared at a rock for an hour or so. It changed my life. 

I think what you want is not pleasurable things, but rather to find "eternity in an hour, and heaven in a wild flower". 

Pick any bland normal object, and stare at it until you see it.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Whenever I am in a rut I do two things. 

1. Meditate and reflect
2. Do something new that inspires me into a state of wonder.
For me things that do this are art (im an artist so I can do art or look up events), nature (kayaking, get dogs out, take pictures of pretty nature stuff), music (I love exploring different music made from around the globe, especially in countries who are in a terrible state, hardship makes for some amazingly deep lyrics.) 

Remember being happy is not just sitting back and doing whatever. It takes practice, research, dedication, and a focused goal. Look at happiness like a class and it will be done in no time :D

16 hours ago, eskwire said:

The routines and sobriety required for self-actualization are suffocating and depressing at times. 

Tell me about it ¬¬

On 19.6.2017 at 5:42 PM, Mrkvn8 said:

Don't make it too hard for yourself too early or you'll leave self-actualization behind for good. Think strategically. You know what you like and crave. Contemplate what you like, dislike, want to have in your life and what not. Don't construct an ideal self-actualized prototype and try to fit that. Implement little practices like meditation and let the realizations you'll have cut away the stuff that you aren't authentically wanting at any given time.

There are two kinds of approaches here. The first one is to build a prison around you, the second one is to let realizations design your life. So what do you do? To take the best of both and balance them out.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

@Mrkvn8

Wait till you feel on track with your life purpose. Your whole definition of "fun" changes.

Aside from my work, here is the list of things I find "fun" at this point in my life:

1) Meditation, i.e doing nothing

2) Yoga, i.e doing nothing while on a mat

3) Eating Vegetables, i.e eating what tastes like nothing

4) Hot Saunas and cold showers

5) Watching documentaries

6) Attending self-actualization workshops

7) Answering people's questions on Leo's forum

8) Sex

9) Walking in nature

10) Swimming / surfing

11) Making music

On 6/20/2017 at 1:42 AM, Mrkvn8 said:

I'm miserable and lost on this self-Actualization path. No drugs, barely any friends.

So, no escapes, and barely any validation.

The pleasure in life is not in escaping and getting validation. These things only pleases the ego. A shift of self from ego-self to being-self is needed.

Ego-self is fear-based, while the being-self is love-based. Truth (true to your heart, not head) will give rise to love from within you. It is the love in your heart that you perceive what is true, a world without fear. Sure, you will see fear portrayed around you, but you also see a reality without that fear. You will know that life does not have to be so (fearful). Pleasure in life comes from the liberation of fear and the love in your heart for this new found truth.

@Visitor Yeah, let's meditate in a cave for 10 hours a day and do nothing else. Using leisure time for anything besides meditation and spiritual practice is an ego trying to escape seeing it's true nature. Give these guys a break. They are trying to better themselves.

Some find themselves with a lot of free time after giving up addictions such as video games, gossiping and what not, and are in a genuine search of a more healthy and maybe more productive form of relaxation besides spiritual practice.

@Mrkvn8

• Dating 
  • Improving your social skills
  • Starting to create online content (youtube videos / blog posts etc.)
  • Picking up a skill to master
  • Reading books
  • Watching documentaries and biographical movies
  • Going to the gym
  • Listening to an audiobook while walking outside
  • Journaling
  • Creating a Commonplace Book
  • Decorating your room and work space
  • Selling what you don't need and buying what you need or want
  • Traveling
  • Shopping for new clothes
  • Creating a new style for yourself
  • Actively listening to music
  • etc.
Edited by Dan Arnautu

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

13 minutes ago, Dan Arnautu said:

@Visitor Yeah, let's meditate in a cave for 10 hours a day and do nothing else. Using leisure time for anything besides meditation and spiritual practice is an ego trying to escape seeing it's true nature. Give these guys a break. They are trying to better themselves.

Some find themselves with a lot of free time after giving up addictions such as video games, gossiping and what not, and are in a genuine search of a more healthy and maybe more productive form of relaxation besides spiritual practice.

Serenity is the goal for any recovery from addiction.

Once this is understood and practiced, new pleasures in life abound. Nothing good can come from doing anything without serenity.

On 6/19/2017 at 9:20 PM, K VIL said:

"hugging" and ironically drugging

edit: i have not drugged nor condone it. up 2 you.

Backatcha

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The very pursuit of pleasure makes everything far less pleasurable than when you're just experiencing it without any expectation.

What is in you that is seeking pleasure, and why ?

You don't need any pleasure in life when you're at peace, it's only a bonus.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Azrael oh my fuck, bro. Your words spoke to me so perfectly - you knew the core issue. 

If if I desire to drink&socialize should I drink with my friends? I got in a rut because I literally cut all contact with 100% of my friends b/c I didn't want to drink.