Annie

What's The Story Of Your Tattoo?

23 posts in this topic

I love tattoos and hearing about the stories behind them. My sleeve is based on the story of the relationship I had with my ex. I had been in a serious car accident and got addicted to pills and then heroin. I introduced her to pills heroin and the needle and we both spiraled out of control. I got clean and she stayed in active addiction for years and I blamed myself for it. The Hannya mask in ancient Japanese theater signified a person being possessed. The snake is the possession, and the girl is possessed. I know she had a choice, but I still felt I needed a reminder that I have the choice to operate in this life for the good of others. Kind of like a "pay your debts" type thing. The octopus and girl on my chest and ribs signifies my dads addiction to alcohol and pills/heroin. He overdosed and died the night before another trip to rehab. The girl signifies the attractiveness of the high, the octopus signifies the grip it can have on you. 

The lips I got when I was 19 lol I plan on getting it covered up. The sleeve was also a coverup on my forearm. In the car accident I was in, my best friend died. I landed on top of him after we got thrown out the windshield of my truck. I believe he gave his life to save mine. Although not voluntarily, I know he would have been happy to do it, as I would for him. "He is gone but he's not forgotten" was scribbled on my arm by a Junkie friend of mine. I paid him in methadone ? I'm glad those dark days are behind me. 2 and a half years clean (from opiates) July 29th 2017

IMG_5208.mp4

IMG_5206.JPG

IMG_5209.JPG

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview