Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CuteCornDog

Things That Annoy Me

16 posts in this topic

A women is not a paid actor. She's a paid actress. Saw this on a bus Downtown when it pulled into the station as I was waiting for another bus to show up.

A Cop with Orange County Sheriff's Office is not a police officer. They're a deputy sheriff. My mother used the two words, "police officer", to refer to an, "Orange County Deputy".

Stuff like this makes me cringe.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

That annoys me, too.  Let's go break stuff! >:(

10 hours ago, CuteCornDog said:

A women is not a paid actor. She's a paid actress. Saw this on a bus Downtown when it pulled into the station as I was waiting for another bus to show up.

A Cop with Orange County Sheriff's Office is not a police officer. They're a deputy sheriff. My mother used the two words, "police officer", to refer to an, "Orange County Deputy".

Stuff like this makes me cringe.

I may come off as rude when I say this but it isn't my intention. You're having a negative emotional reaction when people say the wrong thing. But if you look at your post, you've made several grammatical errors yourself. What about people mis-speaking or getting things wrong makes you upset? My daughter gets upset when we accidentally mix up words and has a panicky reaction. She sometimes even cries. (She's a little kid btw) We think it's a control thing. She wants everything to be just right and for us to get everything right. So, I'm trying to understand this tendency in her but I can't relate to it. What does it feel like to you when someone mis-speaks? Do you think it's about control for you or something else?

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

9 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I may come off as rude when I say this but it isn't my intention. You're having a negative emotional reaction when people say the wrong thing. But if you look at your post, you've made several grammatical errors yourself. What about people mis-speaking or getting things wrong makes you upset? My daughter gets upset when we accidentally mix up words and has a panicky reaction. She sometimes even cries. (She's a little kid btw) We think it's a control thing. She wants everything to be just right and for us to get everything right. So, I'm trying to understand this tendency in her but I can't relate to it. What does it feel like to you when someone mis-speaks? Do you think it's about control for you or something else?

First of all, you didn't offend me.

Second of all, I'm not interested in writing for Orlando Sentinel.

Third, I don't get offended when people don't edit video the way I do.

Anyway, to answer your question, poor vocabulary gets me upset the most, and even worse, insecure people who project onto me when it comes to trolling.

Edited by CuteCornDog
I have Language Processing Disorder!

@CuteCornDog Sounds like a lack of sympathy and understanding to me. Why does it matter if you understand what they mean anyway? 

29 minutes ago, Spiral said:

@CuteCornDog Sounds like a lack of sympathy and understanding to me. Why does it matter if you understand what they mean anyway? 

A great example of a politically incorrect response. How do I know? YOUR VIBE!

Also, I hope this makes you feel better. I'M RIGHT-BRAINED!

Edited by CuteCornDog
I have Language Processing Disorder!

9 minutes ago, CuteCornDog said:

A great example of a politically incorrect response. How do I know? YOUR VIBE!

Also, I hope this makes you feel better. I'M RIGHT-BRAINED!

While I don't mind being politically incorrect, I did not mean that as an insult, you obviously suffer for it and so I feel bad for you. I'm not familiar with type of issue, so I wish you the best of luck in resolving the it.  The following video might help.

7 hours ago, CuteCornDog said:

First of all, you didn't offend me.

Second of all, I'm not interested in writing for Orlando Sentinel.

Third, I don't get offended when people don't edit video the way I do.

Anyway, to answer your question, poor vocabulary gets me upset the most, and even worse, insecure people who project onto me when it comes to trolling.

I do understand that you're not interested in writing for the Orlando Sentinel, and your grammatical mistakes don't bother me personally. But (most likely) neither are your friends and family interested in writing for Webster's Dictionary. The point is that people make language mistakes because human beings are fallible. And ultimately, language mistakes are common and don't have a very negative effect in the vast majority of situations. They're not really a strong reason to be upset and most people are able to easily let them go. Nothing bad happens when someone makes the mistake of using the word actor instead of actress because everyone understands the meaning. And it isn't really incorrect to call the Orange County Deputy a police officer. It just isn't as specific as you want it to be. And everyone understands what was meant by it. So, I was wondering why you have such a strong reaction to these types of things. It's not that common, so there may be some emotional reason why you have such an averse reaction. 

It's understandable that you don't like trolling and projection though. It is really annoying. But my recommendation for that is to just realize that their trolling has nothing to do with you. It's totally a them thing. The only mistake you can make is to get engaged in debate with them. Just ignore them. They hate it when you do that. If you engage, that's what they like. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

7 hours ago, Emerald said:

I do understand that you're not interested in writing for the Orlando Sentinel, and your grammatical mistakes don't bother me personally. But (most likely) neither are your friends and family interested in writing for Webster's Dictionary. The point is that people make language mistakes because human beings are fallible. And ultimately, language mistakes are common and don't have a very negative effect in the vast majority of situations. They're not really a strong reason to be upset and most people are able to easily let them go. Nothing bad happens when someone makes the mistake of using the word actor instead of actress because everyone understands the meaning. And it isn't really incorrect to call the Orange County Deputy a police officer. It just isn't as specific as you want it to be. And everyone understands what was meant by it. So, I was wondering why you have such a strong reaction to these types of things. It's not that common, so there may be some emotional reason why you have such an averse reaction. 

It's understandable that you don't like trolling and projection though. It is really annoying. But my recommendation for that is to just realize that their trolling has nothing to do with you. It's totally a them thing. The only mistake you can make is to get engaged in debate with them. Just ignore them. They hate it when you do that. If you engage, that's what they like. 

All I have to say in response is that your intentions are good, and I have Borderline Personality Disorder. That's why language mistakes bother me.

Just now, CuteCornDog said:

All I have to say in response is that your intentions are good, and I have Borderline Personality Disorder. That's why language mistakes bother me.

Okay. That makes sense. It means that there's a cause for why this bothers you. My advice, given that you have BPD, is to try to become aware of when you're getting upset. Then, after you've become aware of your emotional state, you can intellectually remind yourself of how these things aren't harmful. So, if you feel negative emotions when someone misspeaks, then you can pause for a moment and realize that you're experiencing these emotions as sensations in the body. Focus just on observing the emotions themselves. Then, you can go through the thought process as to remind yourself that there is no real problem there. Even with BPD, you should be able to ground yourself enough to get past the tough moments.

Emotionalmastery.org

@Morrtiz Nope.  It was just a suggestion, take it or leave it.  Have a good day m8.

@CuteCornDog @Morrtiz

Deep within each of us there is a knowing that we really are okay. When we get in tough with that okayness we realize that it really does not matter if things do not go our way. We are still okay regardless.

To get in tough with that okayness, it is best to remember to become soft, still and patient. In that state of pause we can find our serenity.