Lynnel

Topic : Suggestions For The Actualized.org Forum.

15 posts in this topic

Hi !

To start off, I'll say that this is the most sophisticated and practical forum I've ever been on. The technology is on point. Great Job as always, Leo :)

It feels strange that there isn't any Suggestions sub-forum, hence I decided to create a topic for that.

My first suggestion would be :

Have a thread show the total reputation given inside it, so that members can judge the quality of said thread.
Thread below a certain reputation level should be deleted after 3 month, so that there isn't a HUGE amount of pointless volume.

I'm sure though there is a logical reason Leo did not implement a thread ranking system, right @Leo Gura ?

Another suggestion might be showing the flag below the profile picture. It's more practical than going on the user's profile all the time.

I have very limited control over the software's features. This forum software is incredibly complex and is developed by a staff of programmers at IP Board. It has bugs and other limitations which we are at the mercy of until future releases or certain plugins get released.

There's a lot of stuff I'd like to improve but can't because the core code cannot be modified.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If possible I think we should have a chat room.

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

In the future, we should sticky the essential reading or the best advice.

May I ask what programming language and framework you have used for the server side code of this forum? wild guess, from what you say about bugs I'm going to guess and say its php with the lavarel framework?

12 hours ago, Zephyr said:

If possible I think we should have a chat room.

Thats a cool idea. There are some decent chat clients out there. One of us should sort that out.

I'm on my phone otherwise I might look into it myself. If I remember!

Edited by Arman

Definitely a time ban that disables your account if you spend too much time here. 

Endless nuance

I also wanted to add that using chrome on android, my browsers URL bar turns black to match the board and it looks sexy. Also on my comp, chrome gives notifications if a thread thats open in another tab gets posted in. This board system sure beats vBulletin

Why can't I edit my posts to add more content several day/weeks later ?

On 3/11/2016 at 5:44 PM, Lynnel said:

Why can't I edit my posts to add more content several day/weeks later ?

Editing is limited to a 24-hour window because people abuse the privilege by making stealth edits or delete content retroactively.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hey Leo,

@Leo Gura

FYI:

What I have noticed today that  sometimes forum is down and I have to go on the main page first http://actualized.org/ to open it, because I can not download the page. It happened last week as well. It says page is unavailable. 

So I thought maybe your IT guys are fixing the bugs. 

Thank you. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Leo Gura Please add a section where we can give out each other's coordinates to arrange self-actualization meet up groups...

Could we provide bans for people who target others with massive downvotes ?

Reputation is meant to underline post quality, not get back at someone because another user "dislikes" a piece of my content.

Would you look at this :

The reputation system should be as unbiased as possible.

Negativespam.png

On 13/03/2016 at 11:34 PM, Leo Gura said:

Editing is limited to a 24-hour window because people abuse the privilege by making stealth edits or delete content retroactively.

Could some "trusted" content creators be included into a category of users who can actually edit their stuff ?

It's like seriously annoying when you cannot update your guide with latest discoveries etc.

@Leo GuraI'd like a thread or section to discuss Leo's insights (am I missing one?)....there's usually at least one thread started after each video....but the insights seem to go unacknowledged....

@ technical wizards: white screens hurt my head, I'd like the forum to be a different colour....

@ everyone: I wish myself, all of us, in general, really savoured being on here....(but not for too long)

@Simon Zackrisson I like the time-ban idea, but perhaps "mindfulness reminders"  if anything... (see edit):

edit: I thought about it (as I fell asleep, weird I know...lol), and a time ban would take away the element of learning self-discipline ourselves (plus, I was just replying to Leo's comment, saying that I'd put more effort into that exact endeavour...lol)....Also, some people have limitations such as second language.... It should be up to us to find a positive balance online/ offline, helping others/receiving help, etc....it may, or may not, be good to have "mindfulness reminders" such as a timer up in the corner,  that comes center screen every 20 minutes,  or a log in notice that shows the number of days this week that you've signed in....but again....this should be our responsibility......not the forums....

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired
integrity