h inandout

Timelessness And Fear

3 posts in this topic

I am wondering about other people's perspective on the things that get stirred up when meditating.  Meditating too much actually brings me a great deal of heart pain.  I also notice that when I center my awareness of higher order spiritual concepts - like the timeless nature of the universe - that I have a vicerally fearful reaction.  Intellectually, these concepts mostly give me peace because they helps me make sense of things...  Where is the discrepancy?

2 hours ago, h inandout said:

I also notice that when I center my awareness of higher order spiritual concepts - like the timeless nature of the universe - that I have a vicerally fearful reaction.

This reaction of 'fearfulness' might be due to wrong imagination of state of timelessness. When you are in a state of timelessness, you feel 'at home', contented, cool and calm. 

4 hours ago, h inandout said:

I am wondering about other people's perspective on the things that get stirred up when meditating.  Meditating too much actually brings me a great deal of heart pain.  I also notice that when I center my awareness of higher order spiritual concepts - like the timeless nature of the universe - that I have a vicerally fearful reaction.  Intellectually, these concepts mostly give me peace because they helps me make sense of things...  Where is the discrepancy?

When you meditate too much, you know it's time for a little break. You are always awareness. Meditation should happen naturally and spontaneously throughout the day. By being a spiritual seeker and having a meditation practice, we miss one thing : We have already achieved our spiritual goal. We always are ourselves.

Too much meditation can make us think that we are growing, cultivating, becoming better, when in truth, we have never changed. The ultimate realization can get veiled in this way. My suggestion is, start doing meditation as part of your daily life, not as part of a separate spiritual practice.

All confusion and fear is you identifying with the Ego

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟