Angelique

Emotional Detachement

7 posts in this topic

I'm just going to ask this as there are no stupid questions. I keep it short and simple but I really struggle with this question. 

How to be emotionally detached from people? 

There are a lot of ways, but the book 'Loving what is' by Byron Katie will show you in a very practical way how to detach from all people and situations, no matter how bad! 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I struggled with this a lot in the past (and I still am..) But I noticed it getting better the more I turn inwards and do meditation work. 

whatever arises, love that

@Angelique First, stop referring to this as "being emotionally attached to other people". That is a perspective rooted in victimization. You're talking about this as if it were something happening to you. It's not. It's something you are doing and have been in control of the whole time. Start referring to it as "I am focusing on how I feel about other people and how they feel about me". 

Second. Stop focusing that way. Start focusing on how you feel. Notice how thoughts make you feel good or bad. Apply resolve in letting go of the bad feeling thoughts and focusing on continuing to choose thoughts that feel good. 

Meditate for at least 20 minutes every morning. Stop bullshitting yourself about meditation. Keep returning your focus to your breath. After just a few days, you will stop the momentum of this way of thinking and thus allow yourself to choose to repeat positive thoughts about yourself and your future. It is as if you have been on a train, meditation stops the direction of the train so you can pick a new direction. This can not be understood until you experience it, so have some reasoning and faith and get started. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm thankyou for the advice, I made a screenshot of it so I could read it again when I put myself in this position. Have a great day!