PetarKa

Want To Buy The Book List. Parents Won't Let Me...

13 posts in this topic

Is there a way for a teenager to save up money, create a debit card by himself, and buy the book list. Any other way would be helpful if you can think of. I want to purchase the book list but my parents won't allow it. They think it's extremely stupid to BUY a LIST of books.

What can I do?

Go to the bookstore and find one or two of the titles there and buy it with the little money you have. It's not like you can read them all at once anyways. 

Some of the books can be found as pdf if you just google. I'm have no clue how many of them, but hopefully some. Edit: I just noticed you meant the list, good luck with it I hope you'll find a way to make the money. If you show yourself working for it in some ways maybe they'll see it's important for you.

Edited by YaNanNallari

Save some cash money and ask an older friend. Or maybe approach a teacher at school with whom you have good relationship if he could buy it for you in exchange for cash. There has to be someone in your surroundings who has debit card and will understand your point. Your parents are scared because you are no longer their little dummy but you are starting to have your opinions. 

Also when you open Leo's Book List section, at the bottom there are already some audio books mentioned. Start with those :) He talks about many of them in his videos so just pick one and start reading, you don't really need the whole bunch. 

Before you know it, you'll figure out a way how to buy if but for now go one by one. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

But I also plan on buying the booklist soon , do with some basic books first create your own booklist until you save up money to buy the actulized.org book list,  I want to buy it myself but I have the life purpose booklist to finish. 

@PetarKa Let's say you got the book list. Do you have money to buy any of the books then? lol

Just say you want it as an early birthday or christmas present.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

You can sort of figure out SOME of the books on leo's booklist. First he gives out free 9 samples of the books on his booklist.

Further more if you go on amazon , and visit a page with one of Leo's 9 sample books, there is often a thing that says

"This book was also commonly bought with" and it show books people bought the book with.

Also, if you dig around the Thread, All personal suggestions for Leo, there are hints there to what books are in his book list.

He just recently said this in his thread.

On 03/06/2017 at 8:11 PM, Skenderberg said:

@Leo Guraif you only had the chance to recommend one book to the entire world, wich one? and why. 

Oooo... good question. Ralston's books.

Chances are, Ralston's books are on his book list. He also makes references/hints to books throughout many of his videos, which you will have to do a bit of digging for.

An Obvious one might for example be one of Abraham Maslows book, because he is kind of the found of the self-actualization concept, and it is kind of the name of the channel.

Also, in one of leos videos, he talks while leaning on pile of books he has said he has read. What I would is screenshot him doing that with the print screen button on your keyboard, go into windows paint, click paste, (which will paste the image that you most recently print screened) and zoom in on the books. Some of the books there are BOUND to be on him book list. I would wager I good chunk of them are.

I am 15 and my parents think buying a LIST of books is a stupid idea too, 

Edited by Lorcan

Thank guys for the awesome feedback!

BTW, the ammount of money is not the issue. I can save up 35$ or so. My issue is: How can I convert what I'd saved up in cash into credit-card-value. (I can't buy the book list with cash.)

13 minutes ago, PetarKa said:

Thank guys for the awesome feedback!

BTW, the ammount of money is not the issue. I can save up 35$ or so. My issue is: How can I convert what I'd saved up in cash into credit-card-value. (I can't buy the book list with cash.)

You would have to go to a bank and open a bank account, get a bank card, deposit that 35 euro into the bank account.

Then from there you can set up a paypal in which you will need banking details to set up. Which you will be able to fill in because you will have the information on your bank card or somewhere else (basically what information the bank gave you).

Thats how.

You could probably go down to your school bank during lunch hour or, if you bald enough you could sneak out at night and set up your account then. (If the bank is still open).

If I could only have one personal development book it would be "Mastery" by George Leonard, and I have read many personal development books.  Maybe start with that one.  Yeah, the books are important.  But what is more important is practice.  Practice, practice, practice.  Getting your practice routine modules designed and implemented.  And then strategically getting those modules plugged into your life at a reasonable pace so you don't burn yourself out.  Patience is important in doing this kind of practical work.  A ship doesn't turn on a dime.  It takes a while to cause sustainable change in you, even with proper practice.  One more piece of advice is to do the exercises in the books.  The theory is not nearly as important as the exercises.  You need to start to understand yourself very deeply and get very analytical with yourself as a newbie or intermediate level personal development traveler.  The exercises get you directing your attention back towards yourself.  Theory comes and goes and it sounds good and it is important -- but it's that practical work you do on yourself that causes a lot of growth for the newbie to intermediate personal development practitioner too.  Looking back to when I was a newbie, I realize it was when I actually did the exercises in that Dr. Phil book "Life Strategies" that I made a lot of progress.  I forgot the theory in that book, whatever theory it had.  But doing the practical exercises in that book caused me to do a lot of real, actual, practical, sustainable, personal development work.  I remember being really serious about it and typing out long answers and being very soul-searching on each question.  I knew what I was doing was healthy work when I was doing it.  And it stirred-up the bee's nest for me, and I had to keep doing more work.  So, yeah having a ton of books might be useful, but also kind of not really too.  If that makes sense.  I find that there's a lot of repetition and fluff in the books, and the few gold nuggets there are are pretty well known about.  But you gotta go see for yourself.  That's part of the personal development journey.  I'm not trying to dissuade anybody from reading the books, just trying to put all this in a realistic context.  It's actual, practical work on you that counts in the end.   

Edited by Joseph Maynor