Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jacques

Analogy For Maximum Human Potential

2 posts in this topic

I have often heard about people talking about reaching their maximum potential, but what is the maximum potential, what would somebody's life look like if they were literally living to their maximum potential?

If we look at the game of chess, there are 64 squares, and 24 pieces, and a maximum potential number of moves. As far as I understand, the whole game has not been calculated yet, and determining the perfect move in every instance is quite difficult, and the calculations required by a computer is at the around the maximum of our technology.

The above is within a set of rules defining a very simple game (compared to reality), when you compare that with life, with much more possibilities, the element of time, the long time frame, and the complexity, it is obviously massively more complicated than the game of chess. 

I imagine it would be unrealistic to expect someone to make the perfect choice every time. If a person where to do this hypothetically, I imagine they would have to make their decisions in alignment of a grand strategy, and go and learn the right things at the right time.

The idea I want to get across is, imagine what would this person do, what would their life look like, what would be the nature of their decision making process etc.

Just food for thought I guess.

1 hour ago, Jacques said:

I have often heard about people talking about reaching their maximum potential, but what is the maximum potential, what would somebody's life look like if they were literally living to their maximum potential?

For the ego-self it would be practically boring and potentially fearful. Boring because there is nothing to prove. Fearful because it might have to prove differently.

For the true-self it would be fulfilling its purpose of expressing truth via unconditional love. Maximum potential would mean just that, the person would lose all pretense from the ego-self. Ego at maximum potential without living it, but dormant. True-self at maximum potential, would be released to express itself fully. A transfiguration of sorts.