Real Eyes

Psychedelics Used Repeatedly Over Time

12 posts in this topic

There seems to be a common denominator in the experiences of those who get lasting effects from their psychedelic use, which is REPEATED use over a period of time.  Martin Ball was using entheogens on a weekly basis for awhile (5-meo and others), and there was a recently posted thread where we see the effects of repeated use on Azrael.  Leo also talks about being able to see the trajectory of all of his trips together.  

Maybe it should be a priority of would-be psychonauts to arrange things in such a way that regular, repeated use is possible, over a period of months. 

Obviously there are other common denominators like having a meditation-type of practice, but this goes without saying.  The repeated trips thing didn't really jump out at me until recently.

Edited by Real Eyes

I think we need a lot of more people seriously investigating this until we can really say something about it. But I for example could not see how you take 10-20 breakthrough dosages of 5-MeO-DMT in short distances (1-2 weeks) and not be enlightened. Independent from where you start. This is something I could not stick to because of the immensity of the experience and permanent changes that every trip brings with it.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

It seems many of the practitioners with the intended goal of spiritual transformation prefer to go with the intense vision quest styled experiences. While that can be often inspiring through the revelations from it I found my most effective lasting work came during the time I was microdosing. It's all the rage currently in silicon valley and the tech start up culture but I was doing it nearly 30 years ago without calling it that.

There was even a period of time of almost two years where I took mushrooms every day but the dose was small so I could carry on with a typical day in the life of what I had going on. Since I am so fluent in the psychedelic experience I didn't need to have an intense trip to gain the breakthroughs and shifts in my paradigm, less was more for me in this type of exercise. It also was beneficial to be able to see ordinary every day life through this shifted prism instead of be so submerged in an intense trip that wouldn't be suitable to be in such public settings.

I know that many set time aside for an intense trip and put themselves in an environment that is safe to experience it but I went the other way with my practices during this period of time. I used less of a dose and exposed myself to more of the world, not an increased dose and secluded away from the world. This allowed me to be exposed to all of the various association triggers in actual life while being to process them through the purview of the shifted prism. Using a small dose in a morning cup of tea allowed me to function in every day life seamlessly.

So instead of getting a breakthrough in perspective in the abstract that I would then have to contextualize and find a way to carry over to real life from a memory of it I was already experiencing it in life in the present moment already contextualized and orienting my perspective in real time. I had significant emotional and mental trauma to transcend in which this method of use had a dramatic and lasting effect in me.

@Real Eyes yes. 3 days in a row is a very different outcome than once, and then doing that for a few months is another level / outcome.     also imo, experiencing enlightenment does not make for an enlightened person. Not trying to launch 300 pages on enlightenment though. :)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm are you trolling?
Considering a mentally unstable person just got banned from the forum, suggesting repeated use of drugs to a young audience is irresponsible.

43 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Real Eyes yes. 3 days in a row is a very different outcome than once, and then doing that for a few months is another level / outcome.     also imo, experiencing enlightenment does not make for an enlightened person. Not trying to launch 300 pages on enlightenment though. :)

3 days in a row?  I thought the washout period was longer than that on most psychedelics.  Which ones could be done back to back like this?

I think it comes down to that anyone can have long lasting effects from taking psychedelics, but how driven are you to keep them around once your back to normal? Setting an intention seems to be really important as well, what do you want out of the experience.?... but at the same time you can't know what you'll get until you take the plunge. Some experiences I've had with mushrooms,acid, and mdma, all within the past three months seem to have lasting effects. Before diving in the psychedelic world I had almost a full year of mediation under my belt, I was averaging 30 to 60 minutes most days. 

11 hours ago, Azrael said:

I think we need a lot of more people seriously investigating this until we can really say something about it. But I for example could not see how you take 10-20 breakthrough dosages of 5-MeO-DMT in short distances (1-2 weeks) and not be enlightened. Independent from where you start. This is something I could not stick to because of the immensity of the experience and permanent changes that every trip brings with it.

@Azrael Psychedelics have been a game changer for me, I am in on investigating this further. I'll write out more trip reports in the future. 

10 hours ago, SOUL said:

I know that many set time aside for an intense trip and put themselves in an environment that is safe to experience it but I went the other way with my practices during this period of time. I used less of a dose and exposed myself to more of the world, not an increased dose and secluded away from the world. This allowed me to be exposed to all of the various association triggers in actual life while being to process them through the purview of the shifted prism. Using a small dose in a morning cup of tea allowed me to function in every day life seamlessly.

This has been my approach so far, but I'm curious to try out this mircodosing technique. Seems like a good way to be able to transfer all this into everyday life more easily. 

I only use them when i feel a higher calling or at least respectfully. More profound or enlightening experiences come when its at complete unplanned, no-expectation, random times.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

19 hours ago, Azrael said:

I think its also a question of readiness. I have not taken 5meo but correct me if im wrong, if a person is resistant to god, no amounts of trips would work utill he´d be willing to surrender?

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Lai Some people take drugs and end up in psyche wards or even committing suicide. Some people take drugs and it aids in releasing them from depression, anxiety, neurotic behaviors, etc. 

It's up to you. 

You're underestimating the power of your mind. Look around, that's you. 

I don't pretend to be responsible for anyone here. I couldn't choose for them even if I wanted to, and why would I want to?

Why is it that you want to?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, Martin123 said:

I have not taken 5meo but correct me if im wrong, if a person is resistant to god, no amounts of trips would work utill he´d be willing to surrender?

Yeah, true to a degree. If you resist like a little girl and just don't want it to happen, you'll shoot yourself in the foot. But in my experience if you want to surrender and you are just not sure whether you are ready for it, it'll be enough. Especially with a high enough dose. It'll just take you.

So, don't get caught up in "Am I ready to surrender?". If you ask that question, you probably are to the degree a human can ever be ready for that. Every 5-MeO-DMT-trip I do, it's still a huge challenge. I just oon't think about it any more and just do it and focus on being relaxed and thinking about someone I love. The rest is done by it.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.