Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Will

Latest Trip Report Comments

8 posts in this topic

Although these good trip reports are super valuable.. Im left thinking well. ... It would be interesting to learn from mistakes made?? i.e. bad trips and people look at people whoare harmed or even killed, and what the circumstances are around this..??

Try and give a balanced view of the risks and how to avoid..

I guess some discussion needs to be had about the discernment between something that will actually end your life and something that is just ego death.. I mean surely there are people who can go crazy or have psychotic events.. I guess what I am trying to understand is that permanent change is fine as long as the changes prove functional and lead to less misery..

i.e. a person who losses there mind and gains a few extra personalities along the way may be in themselves happy.. but functionally in this world, may be a bit dysfunctional??   

Which raises another point.. maybe some work could be done to look at people who are in psychosis or some other condition and understand that better perhaps?? possibly even bring these people out of there condition???

Also wondering how people started to reach out in there local community to find some reputable support on experimenting..

And it might be cool if someone could be taking your vitals to see whats happening to the subject as they progress?? see if you actually are close to death when you are going through ego /physical death experience??

Yhea I'm also really interested in this topic. I'm a little bit hazardous of taking strong psychedelics because in the past I have had some psychotic episodes on marijuana. So I'm wondering what will happen if I take for example mushrooms or DMT.

All my psychotic episodes were up to the point I lost track of time and didn't know if I would ever be able to get back to my normal thinking. My rule's of daily life fully dissolved and it felt like I was stuck in a loop. But every time I recovered and got back to my "normal" state of mind.

So is there anyone with some more knowledge on this topic?

Hi Guys, I can write you up a pretty nasty trip report, but not sure how this is going to help anybody. Plus, even the bad and paranoid ones turned out to be very healing and positive in retrospection.

@dude If you go psychotic on weed, stay away from psychedelics. Its not even the same ballpark. The will strike much harder and require more of you, physically and mentally. They will come to you when you are ready, quite literally :)

Edited by Franz

@Franz So I should first do more inner work? Or handle my surroundings and mindset better?

Or should I just always stay away from it, I mean I want to do it but I won't untill I know I wont go mental.

I've had some insane bad trips in the past which led me into a year long psychosis. Life was hell. The worst part was that I was convinced it would stay for the rest of my life. I thought I completely ruined my life forever. 

I mean, I wasn't crazy. Just utterly depressed and completely caught up in the weird shit my mind was projecting on to the world. Sometimes I even hallucinated even when I wasn't on psychedelics. And then of course it all had some kind of 'meaning' or was trying to tell me shit. 

Honestly though, if it weren't for that year, I would have never started self-actualising. Something had to change. I guess I encountered the exact opposite of an ego death in those trips. I was literally consumed by ego, and I didn't even know.

Not to scare people off psychedelics, they're great. Compared to others, I'm quite an exception, in that I'm really sensitive to this stuff. To be fair, these problems never came from the psychedelics but from the depths of my own mind. I guess it was the best way of surfacing some of that shit. That's the single best thing psychedelics have to offer. Your conceptual stories are played out right in front of you, and it makes it all very clear to see. 

What I'm trying to say, I knew nothing of ego, nothing of actualising. I was young, naive and just wanted to have some fun. If you are even slightly familiar with the concept of ego and self actualising, these things won't overwhelm you as much as they did for me, as you'll be able to see it for what it is. Those trips were literally a reflection of my ignorant self, believing everything my mind was showing me.

I'm thinking of trying some shrooms again this year. It feels like I have some unfinished business. Facing that which I couldn't before. I'll be sure to post a report. :) 

Edited by DoubleYou

2 minutes ago, dude said:

@Franz So I should first do more inner work? Or handle my surroundings and mindset better?

Or should I just always stay away from it, I mean I want to do it but I won't untill I know I wont go mental.

All fears and doubts you may carry will come up, sooner or later, when having a "bad trip". Something like that: Some time ago, my tripsitter left the room for 15 min to have a smoke, and my mood hit rock bottom. I was 100% sure she is calling the cops and the mental hospital right now because Iam going insane, my family will know, everyone will know. Life is over, no way out, pure existential terror. This was on a high dose of shrooms, though.

Still, made me stronger :) 

If you are ready for some distress (but also heavenly bliss and beauty), start low. Get educated about the substance first. Inner work certainly is requiered, especially if you have any sort of trauma or mental problems.