Lynnel

Best Way To Start With Psychedelics ?

30 posts in this topic

I haven't tried any "hard" psychedelic yet - only smoked one puff of weed once and I was wondering what is the best to start.

I'm very scared of fucking up the doses, not correctly identifying the substances so any advice/ ressources would be appreciated.

I belive I should start with something lighter first to have a positive experience and learn to progressively let go. My intuition is telling me this is the way to go but I need a bit of guidance  :P

I've tripped twice so far, once on mushrooms and once on acid. Mushrooms are pretty wild, you may want to start with acid because it's more smooth. Start small and work your way up. Don't underestimate these substances, even with light doses. The thing I've noticed from my personal experiences from psychedelics is they can give you exactly what you want, so be careful what you wish for. Once you see this stuff for your own there is no going back, it cannot be forgotten, at least for me. 

I am not very experienced myself. But I do plan to get there ;)

I tried mushrooms three times (1,5 - 3 - 3g) and I what can I say, it was mind-blowing! Do your research (substance, dosages, setting..) and use multiple sources doing so. read some trip reports, so you kind of know what to expect. 

I have to admit, the last trip was extremely scary. Specially the beginning, but I feel I came out of it stronger than before. The shrooms really mess you up und show you your inner demons.. But it's worth it! 

I really feel motivated to continue my inner work after taking them :)

whatever arises, love that

Well Lynnel you have are at the right place, and your intuition is spot on. Psychedelics have totally changed my perspective on the spiritual. And nightrider is correct, you can't unsee or unknow once you have taken the red pill and went down the psychedelic rabbit hole. No need to fear them though as long as you prepare well. Psychedelics are the most powerful spiritual tool that cuts a lot of BS out of the way to help even the most anti-spiritual people open up to endless opportunities of the mysterious of the universe.

There are two main ways of taking psychedelics.

1) Microdosing (Sub-perceptual doses that give you the benefits without tripping hard.)

2) Regular Tripping

a. Recreational (Raves, parties, etc)

b. Psychotherapy (Going through your problems at low moderate doses to consolidate your problems.)

c. Spiritual (Traditionally Shamanic settings, ritualistic, spiritual intention)

My advice is stick to spiritual, psychotheraputic, and micro-dosing as your methods of consumption.

If you want to be very cautious then you should start out with microdosing. And if you want to jump in start off with low dose and gradually build up over time. Mescaline containing cacti are great for newbies as it's very easy on the ego. There are a few good mescaline containing cacti that are still legal such as san pedro, and bridgesii.

You can buy magic mushroom spores legally, then grow them yourself.

You should perpare well, Leo talks about this in one of his videos, so check that out. And you should have a good set, setting, and sitter. More on set and setting here. http://www.a1b2c3.com/Set-And-Setting-001.html And a sitter is someone to watch you. It should be someone you really trust and will be quiet while your tripping, and preferably someone that knows how to deal with bad trips just in case they happen.

Note: Stay away from new research chemicals like any of the NBOMe's, and stay away from dissociative psychedelics as they can be addictive. Stick with the tried and true psychedelics like the DMT's, LSD, mescaline cacti, Iboga, shrooms, even some of the 2c's are good (research which are safe and good).

Given all that you can take your self-actualization and spirituality to a whole new level. I will be glad to answer any of your questions. Good luck and stay safe.

@phoenix666 @nightrider1435 @AstralProjection Thank you for the feedback guys ! I'm not really afraid because I know deeply nothing bad can happen and that turning inwards is the only way to truly live.

I'm gonna start with shrooms most likely and take it from there - first microdose it to see how I react then try a real trip.

Any advice on how to make the most progress during the trip ? What questions to ask or just enjoy it while it happens ?

Then I'll try LSD and then some 5-meo-DMT because that shit sounds quite scary. Do you recommend any particular order in "learning " those ?

@AstralProjection I know a girl who suffers badly since 10 years from traumatic experience and sometimes sees ghosts (but this doesnt matter for her compared to the trauma flshbacks or panic attacks). Do you think this person can try psychedelics to heal the trauma? 

Just so I know my mind is not bullshitting me

I guess that starting psychedelics if you have a bad diet and stomach problems, isn't a great idea right ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

36 minutes ago, Lynnel said:

@phoenix666 @nightrider1435 @AstralProjection Thank you for the feedback guys ! I'm not really afraid because I know deeply nothing bad can happen and that turning inwards is the only way to truly live.

I'm gonna start with shrooms most likely and take it from there - first microdose it to see how I react then try a real trip.

Any advice on how to make the most progress during the trip ? What questions to ask or just enjoy it while it happens ?

Then I'll try LSD and then some 5-meo-DMT because that shit sounds quite scary. Do you recommend any particular order in "learning " those ?

Yes you should try to set an intention to grow yourself otherwise your bordering recreational use which Leo and I don't condone. You should set an intention before you go into your trip on what you want to get out of the experience, it should be something that is meaningful to you. But sometimes depending on the psychedelic the psychedelic will show you what you need to see. You might go in asking for some of the mysteries of the universe like - "which is better the big mac or the whopper?" LOL But instead it will show you that you should quit smoking cigarettes. LOL OK that was a joke but you get the idea. And it depends on the question you ask, the type of psychedelic you use, and what dose you take it, as to if your questions will be answered. But no matter what you will always learn something. Even bad trips can help you grow and be a better person.

Intention Setting and Integration: How to Make the Most of a Psychedelic Experience

psychedelictimes.com/psychedelic-therapy/intention-setting-and-integration-how-to-make-the-most-of-a-psychedelic-experience/

And yes I do recommend you take them in an order. Take the easier psychedelics first and move your way up. So LSD is easier than any DMT. And remember if the LSD tastes acidic then you should spit it. Because it's likely not lsd but a potentially deadly psychedelic known as a NBOMe.  Remember any psychedelics at a high enough dose will be hard on you, except maybe mescaline containing cacti. Personally I would start out with the easy psychedelics like mescaline and mescaline containing cacti, 2C-B, low dose psilocybe cubensis, MDMA, LSD. Shrooms can be hit or miss sometimes. ayahuasca can be quit harsh, I don't recommend it. You should take DMT before you take ayahuasca. Leo doesn't like ayahuasca either. So yeah work your way up to heavier psychedelics like DMT, 5-meo-dmt, ibogaine, and if your really brave take ayahuasca. The purified psychedelic white powders are generally easier on the stomach and easier on the mind.

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

@AstralProjection I know a girl who suffers badly since 10 years from traumatic experience and sometimes sees ghosts (but this doesnt matter for her compared to the trauma flshbacks or panic attacks). Do you think this person can try psychedelics to heal the trauma?

Yes she can, but she must be very careful. She should only stick with the easy psychedelics and start at a low dose. MDMA is about to be legalized for PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. So I highly recommend that one. Also some of the 2C would be good like 2C-B, which has been used in psychotherapy. Mescaline containing cacti would be good too as they are easy on the ego. Again dosing is very important. So she must start out with a small dose and work her way up. She must have a good set, setting, and sitter. But yeah that is what I recommend. If her seeing ghosts gets worse she should stop immediately and probably stay away from psychedelics altogether. I only recommend she try them because I've seen ghosts in the past and not had a mental disorder. So yeah she just needs to go with it very slowly if she decides to try it out. Good luck.

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Just so I know my mind is not bullshitting me

I guess that starting psychedelics if you have a bad diet and stomach problems, isn't a great idea right ?

It depends, you can get around the stomach problems with other methods of administration such as smoking, plugging, and even injection if your not afraid of needles and you have a good clean source. And I don't really think that a poor diet in of itself is going to be a limiting factor. But if you feel like crap all the time from a bad diet then you should just start off with the easy psychedelics and low doses.

@AstralProjection Thank you very muchI dont know what this ghost-issue is, maybe a psychosis but she see ghosts since her childhood and she also can see the aura of people. However her head overanalyze everything automatically, she is always thinking and thinking. MDMA-/LSD Therapy in europe will take some time until it is legalized and therapeuts are trained for this ( maybe in 4-5 years). 

I see also some ghost but only on the astral plane and I am ok. I dont know what these ghosts really are but this is another topic.

1 minute ago, OBEler said:

@AstralProjection Thank you very muchI dont know what this ghost-issue is, maybe a psychosis but she see ghosts since her childhood and she also can see the aura of people. However her head overanalyze everything automatically, she is always thinking and thinking. MDMA-/LSD Therapy in europe will take some time until it is legalized and therapeuts are trained for this ( maybe in 4-5 years). 

I see also some ghost but only on the astral plane and I am ok. I dont know what these ghosts really are but this is another topic.

Considering that she over analyzes things I would recommend that she try MDMA before LSD because LSD can make you overly think things and it can be anxiety provoking in some people. MDMA don't have those effects. But note MDMA isn't a true psychedelic. It's like a half psychedelic, but it's showing good promise for problems like hers.

@AstralProjection when taking MDMA for therapy, does the sitter need to talk about the trauma with her? Like normal psychotherapy? Or would it be enough that she makes an intention setting and the sitter does not interfere during the experience. Like letting her just be meditating about the trauma?

8 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@AstralProjection when taking MDMA for therapy, does the sitter need to talk about the trauma with her? Like normal psychotherapy? Or would it be enough that she makes an intention setting and the sitter does not interfere during the experience. Like letting her just be meditating about the trauma

I'm no psychotherapist but I would imagine a mixture would be best probably. So she can talk about what's on in her mind and then just learn to let go. She can talk about her trauma in order to process it from a higher consciousness point of view. I recommend that she get a tape recorder to record for the session so that she can review it later on for better integration of what she learned into real life.

Edited by AstralProjection

Lower doses of DMT are excellent to start with. 

Being in nature and with people that you are close with can be great too.

I find AL-LAD to be the best newbie psychedelic I've tried so far. A pure pleasure, and yet you can still go very deep on it existentially if you want. Easy to administer, no odd body loads, easy to consume.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Try weed edible first then maybe MDMA or the other way around, then once you get the feel of things you can start of with lower doses of higher end psychedelics and work your way up from there to where you want to explore.

B R E A T H E

In my limited research on AL-LAD it doesn't seem to have the same safely profile as many other psychedelics. I did some research on it and some people have had negative effects from it. So tread carefully with it.

1 hour ago, pluto said:

Try weed edible first then maybe MDMA or the other way around, then once you get the feel of things you can start of with lower doses of higher end psychedelics and work your way up from there to where you want to explore.

I would be very careful with edible weed as it's going to be stronger than if you smoked it, since it gets converted into psychoactive substances by the liver that you normally don't get through just smoking. Again just start off low dose for whatever you doing. That is what Alexander Shulgin does when he tests new psychedelics that he creates.

The best way to start with psychedelics:

• Do your research, read up.
  • Get clean, pure psychedelics of known origin from a trustable source. Use testing if necessary.
  • If your psychedelic compound of choice is not accurately pre-measured for you, then make sure you do so yourself, using a milligram scale or liquid measuring techniques as the case may be.
  • Start very very low to introduce yourself to the substance. Increase your dose one step at a time over consecutive sessions, with gaps in between.
  • Many have launched their psychedelic career with magic mushrooms or LSD, those are so well established as being pretty damn safe and constructive. But there are many other psychedelics that would be excellent intros, including AL-LAD. It's great and easy, not to mention quasi-legal in many parts of the world.
  • Have fun with the journey!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.