SFRL

Hot Beverages Like Coffee

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone else notice that when they switch from hot to cold beverages their digestion improves. 

Whenever I drink hot coffee in the morning it seems like over time it might mess up my digestion. 

But when I drink those little cold Espresso & Cream cans from Starbucks I don't seem to have that problem. Which surprised me because I thought they wouldn't be all that healthy. 

Or maybe it is because the lesser quantity of liquid I an consuming. 

Besides mineral waters and fruit, hardly anything from Starbucks could be considered healthy. 

When your baseline is "messed up digestion every morning", basically anything that makes you feel any different would be considered healthy? Or less unhealthy perhaps? 

Rather try to get of coffee completely and see the difference then. You have daily evidence that it is not good for you. The "alive" feeling it gives you burns out your adrenals and few hours of energy will be paid heavily later on in your life. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I have been having roasted dandelion and chicory root tea some mornings as a coffee replacement it tastes similar and makes me feel quite good.

B R E A T H E

@pluto  I've heard about eating dandelions and how beneficial to gut flora it can be, but never tried it myself. Do you buy them or pick them yourself? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

@pluto  I've heard about eating dandelions and how beneficial to gut flora it can be, but never tried it myself. Do you buy them or pick them yourself? 

I bought a jar of dried root from the store but i have been thinking about picking them and making dandelion Jam or jelly how they say it in US when i find that recipe. Yeah Dandelions are one of the most medicinal herbs sadly most people don't even know about their benefits and just kill or remove them. They are very healthy for soil too as they bring deep minerals from the earth up to the surface providing nutrients to surrounding plants/foods that they cannot access on their own thus giving your veggies richer nutrients overall.

Here's a nice pic i had saved

1b75212d0fb9623c01ef13f08ef02cb2.jpg

B R E A T H E

On 6/5/2017 at 1:51 PM, Siim Land said:

Can you describe what you mean by messing up your digestion? 

In general, warm beverages should promote digestion and such. Cold liquids need to be heated up beforehand, which burns more calories and requires more energy.

What I mean by having a messed up digestion is taking a shit that is not solid for clarity. 

I typically don't have those problems. But I have a job where I am home for long stretches of time. And then I am gone for long stretches of time. When I am not home my diet suffers and then sometimes my digestion gets messed up. Last time I think it was either the hit coffee, the creamer, or something I ate at the hotel breakfast. 

@SFRL

This is what many many people experience when drinking coffee. Hell back in days when I was daily coffee drinker, I knew I had to find a place to "lay low" within 30 minutes of having the drink or else I would shame myself for eternity 

Coffee increases bowel movement in many. It is not natural but it doesn't mean your digestion is messed up. Coffee does this to perfectly healthy individuals all around the world. 

As suggested above, green tea could be a great replacement/