Echoes

Is Awareness Included In Infinity Or Is Infinity Included In Awareness

18 posts in this topic

whaddya think boys and girls? My suspicion is that infinity is inside awareness. How else could we become conscious of infinity? But how could infinity be infinite if it's limited to awareness? 

I suspect there is no such thing as infinity. What enlightened people perceive as infinity is an unusual categoriсal/ontological vastness that feels right to call infinite.

If infinity is occuring inside awareness, what is awareness occuring in. Infinity? Infinity includes everything so awareness is infinity, but since absolute infinity is so infinite, Infinity is included in awareness. And Vice-Versa, In an infinite loops. Forever. Infinitely.

Loops, loops and loops and more loops.

Awareness or rather consciousness as Leo might say, is all that there is. I haven't felt this way yet personally but from Leo's last trip report it certainly seems like he has felt it. He talks about how everything is just a layer stacked on another layer which is ultimately groundless. Now this idea of infinity, unless you have experienced it like Leo, it can only be an idea.

As well, the notion that infinity includes everything isn't necessarily so, at least theoretically. This is a complex idea so I will include this video. (watch both parts) I will explain a little. You can have a infinite combination of numbers and as well not use all of the numbers. For example a binary code,  (101010101010......) There are only two numbers here though it could be infinite. But at the same time it does not include all possible combinations. If we consider instead time as infinite, and the events as the individual situations, than will still only can include situations in relation to the previous ones not including all possible situations.

So in this way we see awareness or consciousness could be everything that there is, but infinity doesn't grasp it fully, and if we could find a word for it, it would be a fatal illusion because (everything) isn't a word, but a conscious feeling. More importantly don't take these ideas too seriously for again with a lack of true experience, these concepts are subject to mental masturbation. The more expectations you have towards achieving something you don't really understand, the more likely you will never get it. 

@Lorcan

I hope this helped. 

Atman is emptiness and so is Brahman.  So they are the same.  Atman = Brahman.  Emptiness and infinity are one.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Infinity included in awareness .

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

It's like splitting hairs. Imo it's pretty much the same. But of course it depends on what "map" you use and how you define the words.

As Leo said "Infinity is not a linugistic thing" 

Any Statement EVER made ever is subject to Absolute Infinity. And Absolute Infinity is Absolutely Everything and Nothing.

Absolute Infinity goes beyond the combined infinitys of Infinite Time,Space, Matter and Energy, Its infinite absolute infinity. 

It does not makes sense. And it doesnt have to. Absolute infinity does whatever the fuck it wants.

Awareness is not infinity. Awareness is a monkey eating a banana whiling doing backflips on a trampoline. To give you just a snippet of the complexity of infinity.

But if we just look at it from the finite absolute infinity perspective where in Time,Space, Matter and Energy, is absolutely infinite. That can be somewhat rationalized. Those 5 infinitys in itself ALONE are incredibly, mind blowingly, beautiful.

The implications of that are phenomnal. Every movie you have watched? Lord of the Rings trilogy? It happened.

Every video game you played? It happened.

Evey conversation you have had with a friend? Its happening over and over again an infinite amount of times in different universes or in the same universe somewhere in the realm of the infinite.

But please note. Since Absolute Infinity is Infinite. Everything I have just said is false.

But its also true. Buts its also false. But its also 2093944874276352w738r348. But its also true, But its also false. But its also a diamond, But its also Knock Knock wick wack. Maths Test nine nine nine nie fifty seven apple cabbage.-

Is not awareness what is perceived. Does not something exist that is not yet perceived. Is not infinity (the immeasurable) contain what is so far perceived and what is not yet perceived.

It's the same "thing". You can't get more infinite than infinity, because if you could, it wouldn't be infinity.

Awareness just is, contemplating awareness conceptualizes it, builds a constructed concept over top what has no inherent meaning and weaves this into the rest of conceptualized reality . Time is the present, the future is speculation and the past memory, all are constructs. I would say Infinity is the present awareness  without concepts of time so i guess they one in the same

On 6/4/2017 at 11:00 AM, Alex K said:

I suspect there is no such thing as infinity. What enlightened people perceive as infinity is an unusual categoriсal/ontological vastness that feels right to call infinite.

I don't see how space is not infinite. How could space not be infinite? If it's a gigantic box (or has some type of shape/boundaries), then what is outside of that box? There must still be space there, even if it's void of matter.. Even if my brain has no way to conceive it.

That being said, nice paradox of a question of awareness/infinity!

@poimandres well latest Leo vid put an end to that. Our conscious universe is a small piece of "absolute" infinity.

On 7/10/2017 at 1:10 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Atman is emptiness and so is Brahman.  

Nope, atman is considered to be the soul, inner self, not "emptiness"

Brahman is also not considered to be emptiness..but the absolute Self, beyond time and space. Don't believe me, go find out for yourself 

There is alsi no mention of infinity and emptiness either, in both of these terms.

If you want to use the terms, don't distort them, you won't change what they really mean.

Edited by Fmrns

Awareness is inside infinity because infinity is everything