PetarKa

Would You Choose To Live Forever If It Were Possible?

57 posts in this topic

Would you? In the coming years / decades it might be possible because of this. If there were no side-effects whatsoever, would you do it? Do you think it would create any psychological problems down the road? I mean no human being has ever lived more than 150 years AFAIK. I personally don't know whether I'd do it. Would have to think it through quite thoroughly.

Edited by PetarKa
Tittle correction

1 hour ago, PetarKa said:

no human being has ever lived more than 150 years

Ageing is a phenomenon where cell destruction predominates over the reconstruction/growth process. Yoga does not go against this natural process, but the speed of the degeneration can be slowed down by regular practice of a balance set of asanas, pranayama, relaxation, meditation, chantings, cleansing exercises etc. With the stages of ageing, some associated physiological changes are loss of muscle mass, bone density, flexibility, joint disorders, lowering of circulatory system and sleep disorder. Some few Indian Yogis who maintained excellent health till their old age were Trailanga swami who lived over 280 years of age, shanker Mai Jiew who died at 120 years of age and Devraha Baba who was believed to have lived to over 250 years.

The first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, more than seventy years ago, said that his father had sat at the feet of Devraha Baba as a child – that is, in the middle of the nineteenth century – and Devraha Baba was already elderly at that time.

250 Year Old Devraha Baba of Vrindavan (India)

Translation 

Reporter say: This is Devraha Baba, who lives on this wooden platform. He is not a robber or a psycho but a person highly honored and respected not only in India but also far from its borders. He was visited on many occasions by famous and rich Kashigy , Sultan of Brunei , artists and actors - Liz Taylor, Roger Moore; rulers of India that visited him were Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi, and ministers of the government.

So it is our turn now to see him! Let see what is happening these are high power people from Delhi that brought their children suffering from diarrhea. Conventional drugs would not help them so these people are using alternative methods to deal with their problems.

Baba cures people using only words and by touching them using his foot. Up to 3,000 people come to see him daily, some for advise, some to get healed and others just to see him.

As we can see, people are sitting by the fence and waiting for when Baba would give them a sign to approach. It happens that people being sent away by means of his young helper. Rumors about this wise man spread from eastern India, state of Bihar in the mid-1950s, when a village was attacked by a pack of wild bears eating people. That is when Baba appeared from one of the huts and stopped the bears by raising his hand. Since then Baba was seen in other parts of India.

He could understand the language of animals, heal people by his look or word, give advice and tell the future. In the past he would do predictions of political future for whole countries. For that he was once arrested and only personal involvement of Indira Gandhi helped to get him out of the jail. Some say that Baba was her personal advisor during her last days. This holy man could not protect her but predicted the day she would die (she wrote about it).

Question and Answer begins by the reporter:

Question by reporter: What do you eat?

Answer by Devraha Baba: Nothing by your standards.

Question by reporter: How old are you and do you remember your parents?

Answer by Devraha Baba: I do not have any age. I was born from the river Yamuna when it was blessed by Krishna.

(At this point somebody from the crowd commented that he is 200 years old or just under that.)

Question by reporter: People talk about the end of the world that is expected at the end of this century (this interview is dated to mid 1980s), can you comment on that?

Answer by Devraha Baba: This is a secret and the time has not come yet to reveal that. I can only say that what ever would happen will be good for the humanity, as I am praying for that.

Reporter says: After such an answer we had little hope for our next question: What can you say about the future of the Soviet Union? And here a miracle happened as we got a long answer from this Person who does not even know how a radio or a newspaper looks like:

Answer by Devraha Baba: Litva has distorted the Baltics and the 3 Republics would separate, other Republics would follow up. You are going thru a difficult period of suffering but at the end everything will be ok as you will be purged. Your President Gorbachev will visit India this or next year. Let him come over and I would give a good advice to him and bless.

Question by reporter: Can we pass on your message to him?

Answer by Devraha Baba: No, let him come in person.

Question by reporter: Can we get a blessing from you?

Reporter says: Here there was a delay for about 15 minutes during which he would glance at us with one eye, greenish and bottomless. Meanwhile it was commented from the crowd that his last blessing happened about 1 year ago and that he does not bless when people ask for it. So we were about to leave when Baba decided to bless me. I am going to comment on my feelings while it is happening. They say that usually insulation is used between the foot and a head to be on a safe side.

Reporter says: Later When saying goodbye Baba told us not to leave Delhi quickly after we would return there. We forgot all about it and went off to another assignment. Just recently we found that a train near Bombay was derailed. We were planning to take this train. Well, it could be just a coincidence, or maybe not?

@Fidelio 

Everybody is not illiterate in India.  India was the first nation to successfully reach the Mars on its first attempt. India has launched 180 satellites for 23 different countries. India is a nuclear weapons state.

Rulers of India are well educated persons and they used to visit  Devraha Baba, he was very famous and reputed person. 

As I already mentioned that the first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, more than seventy years ago, said that his father had sat at the feet of Devraha Baba as a child – that is, in the middle of the nineteenth century – and Devraha Baba was already elderly at that time.

An Allahabad (India) High Court Barrister had stated that seven generations of his family had sat at the feet of Devraha Baba.

No, I find life annoying and painful.  Even if I'm afraid of death, it would be nice to get it over with rather than prolong it.

2 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

this was their first communications satellite--it was held together in some places using rubberbands and paperclips.

Still the mission was successful. India’s space agency launched a record 104 satellites from a single rocket this year. 

6 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

some believe that raping a virgin is a cure for AIDs,

You are misinformed.

7 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

Their nukes have also only been given a less than 50% chance of actually reaching their targets, and after they reach their targets, less than a 50% chance of actually exploding...

What is the source of your information ?

16 minutes ago, Annetta said:

No, I find life annoying and painful.  Even if I'm afraid of death

You must be trying hard to remain miserable, it is not natural. 

Once you know the knack of meditation, life will become a celebration. 

Many Indian Yogis leave their body due to spiritual reasons, but longevity is possible through Yoga. Once you taste the meditation, I will tell you the secret of longevity. 

Edited by Prabhaker

19 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

Look up "virgin cleansing myth"

Don't spread rumors , it has nothing to do with India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgin_cleansing_myth

22 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

re: nuke info--2015 joint NATO and Arms Control association nuclear threat assessment brief for Asia which is in the public domain and available online in .pdf format. The brief sites sources from Norad, Lockheed Martin, the CIA, as well as government sources within India and elsewhere.

How can any other country assess Indian nuclear weapons ? They are well protected.

5 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

I would have 1 million chances to make mistakes and yet find the truth.

With so much time, I would procrastinate forever.

4 minutes ago, jse said:

With so much time, I would procrastinate forever.

Yes and with so much time you would get bored of procrastination and finally you would do the things that you want to worrying about the short time 

@Prabhaker I love meditation, it feels great.  But life is still a pain in the ass.

How fun is it to live forever? 

Edited by Skenderberg

3 hours ago, Fidelio said:

See, you're full of shit. Anyone who claimed to live in India would know about the Protection of Children Against Sexual Offenses bill passed just a couple of years ago. It was a pretty big deal, and even people in rural areas were aware of it. One of the reasons for this bill, among others such as child trafficking, was this thing I just mentioned which you had no idea about. If you're from India, Leo is secretly the King of Siam and I'm Admiral of the Seven Seas. You've done this before: I'll make a reference to something anyone from India would have known and you'll have no idea what I'm taking about, and when that is pointed out, you'll slink back later pretending you knew all along and regurgitating your new half-assed Wikipedia education on the subject.

So who are you really? And why are you embarrassing Indians by pretending to be one and flouting your ignorance? Indians themselves were the first to make fun of their "technological advancement" such as the photo of that satellite on the back of a cow cart. And Indians also know of the prevalence of American companies, and how corporations like Lockheed Martin helped build the Rocket boosters for their warheads which make your second question just as stupid.

Isn't it time to drop this subterfuge of being a spiritual person from India? Why don't you pretend to be an escaped patient from a mental hospital with a low IQ? At least that would be more believable.

You are a lovely person, but it would be better if you provide some relevant links so I can learn more about India !

2 hours ago, Annetta said:

I love meditation, it feels great.  But life is still a pain in the ass.

You can learn a technique for meditation, but technique is not meditation. 

Meditation happens, you can not do it. It is a growth: a growth of your total living, out of your total living. Meditation is not something that can be added to you as you are. It can come to you only through a basic transformation, a mutation. It is a flowering, a growth. Growth is always out of the total; it is not an addition. You must grow toward meditation.

This total flowering of the personality must be understood correctly. Otherwise one can play games with oneself, one can occupy oneself with mental tricks.

Language must be dropped. I don’t mean that you have to suppress it or eliminate it. I only mean that it does not have to be a twenty-four-hour-a-day habit for you. When you walk, you need to move your legs. But if they go on moving when you are sitting, then you are mad. You must be able to turn them off. In the same way, when you are not talking with anyone, language must not be there. It is a technique to communicate. When you are not communicating with anybody it should not be there.

If you are able to do this, you can grow into meditation. Meditation is a growing process, not a technique. A technique is always dead, so it can be added to you, but a process is always alive. It grows, it expands.

2 hours ago, Annetta said:

But life is still a pain in the ass.

Whenever someone begins meditation, he will become aware of many things of which he was not previously aware, and because of that awareness he will suffer. This is how things are, and one has to pass through them.

So if you start meditation and you do not suffer, it means it is not meditation, but just a hypnosis. That means you are just drugging yourself. You are becoming more unconscious. With a real, authentic meditation you will suffer more, because you will become more aware. You will see the ugliness of your anger, you will feel the cruelty of your jealousy, you will now know the evidence of your behaviour.

Now, in every gesture, you will begin to feel where a hidden animal in you, and you will suffer. But this is how one grows. Growth is a painful birth.

If you do not escape, if you remain there with your suffering, one day suffering will disappear and you will have grown into more awareness.

Suffering disappears in two ways. You become unconscious; then suffering disappears for you. But, really, suffering remains there. It cannot disappear. It remains there! Really, your consciousness has disappeared, so you cannot feel it, you cannot be aware of it. If you become more conscious, in the meantime you will have to suffer more. But accept suffering as a part of growth, as a part of training, as just a discipline, and then one day, when your consciousness has gone beyond your suffering, suffering will disappear not just for you – it will disappear objectively. Use suffering as a stepping-stone; do not escape from it. If you escape from it, you are escaping from your destiny, from the possibility of going beyond knowledge by using suffering as a device.

@Prabhaker My suffering is circumstantial, it is dependent on whether I am alone or not.  I need to have this insight, but I can't grasp it beyond an intellectual level:

This sums up the suffering of life in a nutshell, for most I am sure.  To understand it is one thing, to go beyond it is something much more difficult.  It sounds so simple, to just go into being, and keep going and going until one can feel life running through them and from there everything drops - but then I experience it and it's so nice and I expect to go into it and in the expectation there's a sense of defeat, that I can't.

So what do you mean?  Sit with the suffering until I come to a place where it doesn't matter if I do or don't? 

@PetarKa Where were you before you were born?

What? Do you actually think you just poofed out of no where one day? Does that really make sense?

When did life begin?

You already do live forever.

29 minutes ago, Annetta said:

So what do you mean?  Sit with the suffering until I come to a place where it doesn't matter if I do or don't? 

Suffering exists because of your being, the way you are , not due to circumstances. Never think that somebody else or your childhood or your past is responsible for your present suffering. 

You suffer because you have not yet reached state of meditation. 

You can't sit silently twenty four hours, whatsoever you do, do it with awareness; this is meditation. Walking, walk attentively, as if walking is everything; eating, eat with awareness, as if eating is everything; rising, rise with awareness; sitting, sit with awareness; all your actions become conscious, your mind does not travel beyond this moment, it remains in the moment, settles in the moment – this is meditation.

Start with small things like bathing, eating, cleaning dishes etc. It can be very difficult in the beginning.

Never expect quick results, only those who have infinite patience get quick results, those who are in hurry miss it.

Edited by Prabhaker

@Annetta

The first step is relaxing is the body. Remember as many times as possible to look in the body, whether you are carrying some tension in the body somewhere – at the neck, in the head, in the legs. Relax it consciously. Just go to that part of the body, and persuade that part, say to it lovingly "Relax!"

"And you will be surprised that if you approach any part of your body, it listens, it follows you – it is your body! With closed eyes, go inside the body from the toe to the head searching for any place where there is a tension. And then talk to that part as you talk to a friend; let there be a dialogue between you and your body. Tell it to relax, and tell it, "There is nothing to fear. Don't be afraid. I am here to take care – you can relax." Slowly slowly, you will learn the knack of it. Then the body becomes relaxed.

Start from the body, and then go, slowly slowly, deeper. And don't start with anything else unless you have first solved the primary. If your body is tense, don't start with the mind. Wait. Work on the body. And just small things are of immense help.

"You walk at a certain pace; that has become habitual, automatic. Now try to walk slowly. Buddha used to say to his disciples, "Walk very slowly, and take each step very consciously." If you take each step very consciously, you are bound to walk slowly. If you are running, hurrying, you will forget to remember. Hence Buddha walks very slowly.

"Just try walking very slowly, and you will be surprised – a new quality of awareness starts happening in the body. Eat slowly, and you will be surprised – there is great relaxation. Do everything slowly... just to change the old pattern, just to come out of old habits.

"First the body has to become utterly relaxed, like a small child, then only start with the mind. 

No. I think it would be a shame to get rid of aging and dying. It's a really beautiful process, if you can let go of the attachment to youth and life. It's such a privilege to be a part of the process of birth, life, aging, and death... even if I cling to youth sometimes. Now, if we could prolong life for several decades longer, I'd be excited about that. But I wouldn't ever want to be immortal. Too much pain and suffering for one lifetime. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org