Space

Quick Question About Do Nothing Technique

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I have a question about the Do Nothing technique.

When doing the technique, should you be intentionally trying to not go unconscious? Because when I completely let go, and drop all intention, I end up just going completely unconscious and getting lost in my thought stories. 

So do you make an effort to not let this happen? Do you try to remain aware of your thoughts/mind activity as much as possible, or do you just literally go in with no intention to do anything?

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

No you do try to remain aware of what your ming is doing, but you do nothing as in let your mind go and do what it wants, try to become aware of what your mind is doing.

This is what Leo told me once on a similar doubt I had:

Before you start the session, set a background intention of: AWARENESS! AWARENESS! AWARENESS!

You're not there to daydream. You're there to be more aware. But in a passive way.

If daydreaming, happens, that's okay. Let it be. But have a background intention for awareness.

It may help you!

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

@Space It's almost the exact opposite of what you're saying: do nothing but be conscious.

Just sit and be conscious without manipulating anything.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Space It's almost the exact opposite of what you're saying: do nothing but be conscious.

Just sit and be conscious without manipulating anything.

Then I guess the whole year I was doing 'do nothing' technique wrong. I was literally doing nothing (without paying attention to what is happening)

But then what is difference between 'do nothing' and technique you describe in this video (I thought that 'no manipulation technique' is 'do nothing' + observe what is happening but now I understand that both techniques are just the same?):

Edited by Whoami3

15 hours ago, Mondsee said:

This is what Leo told me once on a similar doubt I had:

It may help you!

Yes that answered my question perfectly, thank you!

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski