Edvard

Confused About Military

47 posts in this topic

@electroBeam Funny and interesting point. The killing of other's argument doesn't seem to make much sense to me. What I think @Leo Gura is most concerned about, though, is not merely killing in seld-defense or accidently, but unconsciously doing so, by following orders without question. But as a doctor, too, you can't reserve yourself from killing tumor cells, right? In many countries you can't even reserve from abortion. So being a doctor has to be low consciousness then. Aren't you taking orders no matter where you work, unless you're the top leader? But even leaders follow orders, by the laws made by the state. So «follow the laws, without question, not because you decide so». Btw, I have already been one yr in the military, didn't start out wanting it, but the law told me I have to serve at least one year. Why isn't this a forum for criminals? Leo wrote once that he almost became a criminal once. But just almost, like it was such a big deal. What if the state forced you to serve the military? Would you break the law, then? 

Btw, you talk about me being afraid of ISIS, and compared me to birds saying like: OMG!! ISIS!!! NUKES. WE NEED NUKES.. Why is that different from: OMG!! CANCER!! CELLS!!! WE NEED RADIATION!! DOCTOR, RADIATE THE HELL OUT IT!! Now, if that cancer is nazism. Wouldn't you try to cure it?

Or is my notion merely a result of me haven't reached the yellow stage yet? because that's where I feel I have just arrived. You said people usually put themselves two stages higher than they are for real, though, but I recognized me having been through all those stages when seeing this eye-opening video.

Edited by Edvard

On 31/05/2017 at 1:31 PM, Edvard said:

When the USA military started testing LSD on their soldiers to make them tougher, they had to abandon the project because the LSD made them so conscious and so loving, they refused to kill human beings. They wanted to hug them instead.

Anyone got a link to a video or article about this?

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

I was a marine and I hated all the racism and nationalism that was all around me, me I didn't fit in. I'm a firm believer in people with life purpose wouldn't waste it by being government property. But that being said the military can use some revolutionaries to turn the military from the ideological, and sometimes down right racist and nationalistic fighting force to a real force to protect freedom. I like to look at the Shaolin monks from back then (they aren't the same anymore) they fought only for defense. Our military isn't like that at all. We've raped and pilliaged MANY countries I hate to say that but it's true. And I promise the military experience is worse than what you imagine. I was smacked in the face once it was made clear to me that I was government property and signed away all my rights 

On 6/7/2022 at 5:11 PM, funkychunkymonkey said:

I was a marine and I hated all the racism and nationalism that was all around me, me I didn't fit in. I'm a firm believer in people with life purpose wouldn't waste it by being government property. But that being said the military can use some revolutionaries to turn the military from the ideological, and sometimes down right racist and nationalistic fighting force to a real force to protect freedom. I like to look at the Shaolin monks from back then (they aren't the same anymore) they fought only for defense. Our military isn't like that at all. We've raped and pilliaged MANY countries I hate to say that but it's true. And I promise the military experience is worse than what you imagine. I was smacked in the face once it was made clear to me that I was government property and signed away all my rights 

Damn? where were you stationed? My unit was not racist at all. We all got along as brothers, so i wouldn't consider your statement to be reflected upon the whole military. Its a shame you had such a terrible experience. mine sucked as a boot, but it got better as I ranked up. Are you a terminal Lance?

Focus on the solution, not the problem

@Kamo I def hold a negative bias and I came off a lil too strong, yes I was technically a terminal lance I got hurt and after that everything spiraled downhill I was in Yorktown VA NWS. I'm glad you had a good experience, I guess it's luck of the draw. Lol I was boot af when I first got in I would wear my assault pack to the malls xD all that good stuff. But you ARE right my experience does not reflect the military as a whole I gotta take back any attitude I put out that was generalizing 

Don’t be a stormtrooper. Become a Jedi like Yoda and meditate with The Force. 

As Rose says “don’t fight what you hate, save what you love.”

Jedis = Journaling, Education, Discipline, Imagination, Solitude/Spirituality ;) 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@funkychunkymonkey Thanks for clarifying. Its all good, shit happens, Its about how you deal with it. Especially something medical. But the way you talked about it is not how it is for most people. So its a little misleading to those who are thinking about joining. There are a decent amount of pros and cons about the military that imo, balance out.   

Focus on the solution, not the problem