Mike Bison

Is Everything Really Made Of Consciousness?

35 posts in this topic

If everything is made of consciousness why aren't all our thoughts conscious?

Edited by Mike Bison

13 minutes ago, Mike Bison said:

Is Everything Really Made Of Consciousness?

Consciousness is the source of all. Consciousness is the stuff existence is made of. And consciousness has always been here, is here, will be here. It can be asleep, it can be awake, but it is consciousness all the same. 

Matter is consciousness asleep, not yet awakened. A rock is a sleeping Buddha. Matter is totally unconscious; a Buddha is totally conscious. Man is somewhere in between. 

32 minutes ago, Mike Bison said:

why aren't all our thoughts conscious?

Your thoughts are things, thoughts are not conscious, we can be aware of thoughts.

I mean why aren't we conscious of all thoughts? 

I don't understand what asleep consciousness mean

18 minutes ago, Mike Bison said:

I don't understand what asleep consciousness mean

Matter is condensed consciousness, in deep sleep – perhaps in a coma. It is totally unconscious. 

There are degrees of consciousness. Man is the only being whose unconsciousness has allowed a little bit of consciousness to arise and to be awake. Now this little piece, this little layer of consciousness is enough, if you use it rightly, to bring unconsciousness more and more into a state of consciousness. Right now it is one tenth of your whole consciousness.

A Buddha is totally conscious. 

30 minutes ago, Mike Bison said:

Because we are not totally conscious like Buddha.

3 minutes ago, Mike Bison said:

But isn't this just a theory?

It is knowing of enlightened persons.

If you don't trust words of enlightened persons, and say this just a theory, then you are person who asked a theoretical question. You mentioned that 'If everything is made of consciousness'.

3 minutes ago, Mike Bison said:

Isn't 'asleep consciousness' a theory?

Grow into a meditator, as you will become more and more conscious, you will find that it is not a theory. 

Feeling like everything is one  doesn't make it so

3 hours ago, Mike Bison said:

If everything is made of consciousness why aren't all our thoughts conscious?

There are subconscious (unconscious) thoughts as well...that are part of consciousness.

Haven't you met someone and immediately liked or disliked them, but didn't know why?  I mean consciously know why.

In psychology, the subconscious is a big part of our consciousness.  Consciousness is the entirety, but conscious and subconscious are parts.  Superconscious is potentially another part (depending on the terms you want to use).

If you look at it and investigate, you will see you are conscious of very little...but that does not mean it is outside of consciousness.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

additional to the question of the unconscious, you can also ask: If there is only consciousness, how can there be forces like ultraviolet radiation, atoms and so on? Which we are not conscious of. In reality they do not exists, but a mere concepts. An atom is literally a picture on some screen, a model of something that is believed to exist. The unconscious also a conceptual explained rationalisation of phenomenon who arise in consciousness. 

"I act like this because I have this unconscious belief" But what is actually true in reality? Is there a causal relationship between only this belief and this action? Maybe there are infinite causes for everything and no causes at all. "Things" just appear in the field of consciousness, and every causal interpretation is a human rationalisation of the mind, which actually thinks it can explain and comprehend reality.

@Mike Bison if you want to see that everything is consciouness start learning quantum physics.  if u want to see what you are and are not consciouss of, start meditating every morning for at least 20 minutes and become a master of letting go.   the two will  become one and you will know what you are asking about today.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What makes you think that there are unconscious thoughts? Aren't thoughts by their very definition something we are aware of in our mind? If we aren't conscious of them, are they even thoughts at all?

What you seem to be pointing to is that if everything is consciousness why is there unconsciousness, or seemingly unconscious matter as well as why is there the subconscious mind.

All of which is very interesting to contemplate.

My answer is.... I know that I don't know...... haha.

@Maxx So you don't believe that we are part of one consciousness

Edited by Mike Bison

@Mike Bison You're thinking of consciousness as human awareness. That's not what is meant when we say everything is made of consciousness.

What's meant is more like: The substance of everything is no-substance, which is consciousness.

Think of consciousness like atoms making stuff up. Except the atoms themselves have no qualities whatsoever. And therefore, they cannot even be called atoms. And there is not many of them, but one.

Look at your arm right now and notice that it's not made out of atoms or "physical stuff". It's made out of consciousness. Right now! Do it. Touch your arm and feel consciousness. That's it! Right there! Your entire visual field made of consciousness. Look carefully at it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Everything within our experience is consiousness. Making any claims about the "external world". If such a thing exists or "everything" is therefor not justified. 

@Mike Bison Are you getting hooked on the terminology?

Unconscious means that you believe that the thought is true. Conscious is being aware that the thought is JUST a thought. That it holds no value of TRUE or FALSE. It's just a thought being experienced.