Afonso

What's Your Meditation Time Highscore?

24 posts in this topic

Mine is 60 minutes. I remember the first time I did 60 minutes, 5 months ago, it was literally torture. Now it's easy.

I bet I can do 2 hours in a good day.

What about you? What has been your longest meditation session? No pauses, no switching positions, just sitting throughout the whole session.

4 minutes ago, Afonso said:

How did you feel in the end of it?

There was alot of pain in the end and mind was screaming SSSTTOOOOOOOPP!

Going from 20 minute sittings to 3 hours is quite a shock to the system. Who knew? ?

1 minute ago, WelcometoReality said:

There was alot of pain in the end and mind was screaming SSSTTOOOOOOOPP!

Going from 20 minute sittings to 3 hours is quite a shock to the system. Who knew? ?

My head starts hurting a lot when I go beyond 40 minutes. A lot of tension builds up inside my head.

20 minutes ago, Afonso said:

My head starts hurting a lot when I go beyond 40 minutes. A lot of tension builds up inside my head.

Yeah it did for me too in my whole body. The day after I pretty much sat in my computer chair the whole time. The body was completely exhausted.

take a vispassana retreat guys :D

8-9 hours of mindfulness-meditation, 9 days

every day: 3x strong determination sitting (1h without moving)

for advanced students 9 days straight being mindful :D

I'm looking forward to my second one this year ;) 

"What's Your Meditation Time Highscore?"

@Afonso ? I think this sentence involves two contradicting mindsets in it! It's like healthy eating and then celebrating it by eating a lot of junk food?

30 minutes so far 

Time is much less important than quality. 20 minutes of high quality is better than 3 hours of sloppiness. So tighten up your practice if you are past the newbie stage.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3.5h straight strong determination sitting as a beginner. Never pushed myself so hard in anything in my life. Time felt so sloooow. Especially because of the extreme ass pain. lol. Body was shaking, cold sweating, heavy breathing, tears....it was interesting.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

1 hour ago, sgn said:

3.5h straight strong determination sitting as a beginner. Never pushed myself so hard in anything in my life. Time felt so sloooow. Especially because of the extreme ass pain. lol. Body was shaking, cold sweating, heavy breathing, tears....it was interesting.

Amazing

So what happens if you lived 100s of lifetimes in 60 minutes? Does that count?

I agree with Leo though, sometimes 5-20minutes is more than enough depending how powerful your confidence and belief system is cause if you experience 1 minute of infinity that can easily blow all your hours you did in the past away haha

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

3 hours, because I couldn't sleep at night

I normally do 15 mins of meditation everyday (Just started my routine, its been around 50 days).

Yesterday I did the same 15 mins of normal meditation in sitting posture then just slept for 8-10 mins flat on the ground and then a 20 minutes (Not sure of the time as I didn't check the time when I started it, I think it definitely was at least 20 minutes) of super calm session of simply sitting and closing my eyes - I think you could say do nothing meditation. I wanted to sit like that forever but my knee started hurting (that's bcuz I sit in a certain cross-legged posture everytime I meditate as it helps me to easily keep my body still) and I didn't want to cause any damage to it but I think I could've easily dismissed the pain and just sat there but I stopped just so that I don't cause any injuries. That was my best meditation session ever until now. I felt as calm as you'd feel in deep sleep but I for sure was not sleeping. Thoughts were still there but behind those thoughts, a pleasant calmness was there. Usually in normal state for me behind thoughts, there is a sense of restlessness.

Edited by Seeker_of_truth

I do 20 minutes a day, started a few weeks ago, and o absolutely LOVE it!

13 hours ago, Seed said:

I do 20 minutes a day, started a few weeks ago, and o absolutely LOVE it!

Grow you shall oh Seed :)

B R E A T H E

I currently mostly do the 'do nothing' technique which is awesome, however, sometimes throw in the 'mindfulness' one to mix it up a bit. I find this one a lot trickier as my mind tends to create thoughts on top of thoughts on top of thoughts, and i struggle to keep up with my mind to fully label and focus.. Can get very intense! 

I just bumped up my daily practice to 1.5 hours straight, so that's a record. I've been slowly working up to that number though so it's not difficult.

Also, it's not necessarily about the time. I did 30 minutes outside the other day in the blazing hot Florida sun and was crying on the inside for most of it. That was hell.

20 minutes ago, see_on_see said:

Maybe you should look into this. I don't think it's normal that your head hurts a lot when you meditate.

From what I heard, it's energy locked up.