Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,212 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, Shin said:

269343-Jiddu-Krishnamurti-Quote-The-ability-to-observe-without-evaluating.jpg

And it's a skill that has to be worked on and developed.

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

And it's a skill that has to be worked on and developed.

That's why the word ability is used ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

When the mind is weak and you seem to have a little control of your mind, you then can make the statement,

"I am absolute reality."

And when you make a statement like that at the time your mind is weak — but remember your mind has to be weak first — what absolute reality means will automatically come into your mind to take the place of your thoughts. So the picture will present itself to you, that you are like a screen in the movie and everything in the world are images superimposed on the screen. All this will come to you by itself. Can you see the difference? Do you know what I'm talking about? Most of us have been going around saying, "I am absolute awareness, I am emptiness, I am nothing, I am this and I am that." But when we get down to the nitty gritty, the first problem that confronts us, we become angry. So we're really not that at all and they're just dry words. But when you slow down the mind first, then a statement of truth will come to you automatically. And then you can make your confession, like I do every week.

"I am not the body. I am not the doer. I am not the mind. I am not any condition. I am unconditioned pure awareness. I am absolute reality. I am ultimate oneness. I am that I am. I am Sat-chit-ananda."

And it's not you making this confession. You're not doing it, it is your Self, that's making the confession. You do nothing, you've gotten yourself out of the way.

{…}

The point I'm trying to make is, don't allow your ego to make you think that you're something you're not. Your ego mind is very powerful. It'll fool you all of the time. Be careful, always watch it. So remember, you do not have to make statements of truth at all. Why? They will come by themselves. All you have to do is to concern yourselves with slowing down the mind. And how do you do this, either through self-inquiry, through observation, through mindfulness, through witnessing. Whatever way suits you. What happens when the mind slows down? Truth takes its place. When you hear the Buddhist term, empty mind, what that means is your mind is empty of all relative terms and relative livingness. But your mind is filled with the Buddha. Your mind is filled with reality. Your mind is filled with truth, all by itself. Now why does this happen? Because your reality is your real nature, that's what you really are. Therefore you do not have to do anything to make it happen. You just have to get your bloomin' nothingness out of the way. When you get yourself out of the way, reality shines forth and all the images come to you. You realize again you're like a gigantic screen. The screen is the entire universe and everything on the screen are superimposed images. They come and they go, they come and they go, they come and they go. But you understand that you are like the screen and you're also like the images. Only the images are not real. But the Self or the screen is real.

{…}

Then you can say,

"All this is the Self and I am that!"

For you realize what the Self means. But just to make empty word statements like that is absurd. It gets you nowhere. First you've got to slow down the mind and then everything will pop in by itself because everything is already there. Now you may say,

"Well that's hard to do."

If you think it's hard to do then you have to start from the beginning and say,

"To whom is it hard? Who finds it hard? I do. What is this I?"

And go right back to that again.

"Where does the I come from? Where does the images come from? The images that I am sick. I am poor. I've got problems. Something is wrong."

And the question as far as the world is concerned,

"Why does God allow evil in the world?"

is answered by itself. And the answer is simply this,

"It's mass hypnosis. The world that you're talking about, does not exist,"

and the examples will come to you of their own accord. Like the sky is blue. The sky appears blue, but in reality there's no sky and there's no blue. There's only space and space is consciousness. And all the planets and all the stars and all the worlds and all the people and all the insects and everything that you can think of, they're all superimposed on the space.

{…}

And you can call space the screen of life and you are the space. You are not what appears to be. That's what it means when you say,

"I am not the body."

Because you are really space. How do you prove this? If you were the size of an atom, and you know how small an atom is, and you found yourself somewhere in your body. All of your cells would be equivalent to planets and you would see so much space between each cell. Equivalent to the space between all the planets and you would be in a completely different universe. You would have no body. That's why this universe is sometimes called "the body of God." It's all relative and the absolute is space, the body's relative. So you are the absolute. You are not the body you think you are. Just like the sky is not blue. Just like in the desert, when you see a mirage, you see water. But the closer you get, it turns into sand. It's a mirage. We look at each other and we see people here. But in truth I can tell you there are no others, there's only one and I-am that. Of course when I refer to I-am, I am not referring to Robert. I'm speaking of omnipresence. Every time I use the term I, I'm not referring to myself. I refer to omnipresence. Your true nature is omnipresence. Your body appears the way it appears because of relativity. But your body is formless space. Your body is emptiness. That's why you can truly say,

"I am not the body."

{…}

But from now on you're not going to make that statement are you? What are you going to do? You're going to quiet the mind. And what will happen? When the mind is quiet everything will happen by itself. The truth will come out of you. You will not have to think about it. You will be aware of reality and you will find unalloyed happiness, great joy, a great peace, a great love and you will have a great compassion. And you will be kind to everything to insects, to animals, to humans, to minerals, everything is alive and you will have reverence for all things. This feeling will come of its own accord. If you try to put it on it won't last. That's why some of you always tell me,

"Robert I feel great when I'm here at satsang, but as soon as I walk out the door, I feel bad again, why?"

That's why, because you haven't developed a consciousness of the truth. When you develop a consciousness of the truth it can never leave you never. You do not go on and off like a light switch. Once you have a consciousness of the truth, you have it forever. And you have a feeling of immortality. You just know, you don't voice it, you just know, I was never born, I can never die and I do not persist while I'm alive. I am egoless, everything just happens. It comes through by itself. This is why I tell you so many times, not to read too much, Jay, not to read too much because when you read too many books on Buddhism and Daoism, on Ramana's books, on Nisargadatta and everybody else in the world, total confusion sets in.

{…}

Isn't it better just to sit still at home in the silence and stop the mind from thinking? That's the easiest way, it's the best way, it's the simplest way. If you don't believe me, try it. Try it for a week and see what happens. For one week I would like you to experiment. I don't want you to read any book. Think you can do it? Don't look at any spiritual literature. Just sit by yourself as much as you can. And watch your mind, watch your mind. Do whatever you have to do to slow down your mind and then you're going to be amazed. You will laugh at yourself. For when the mind becomes quiescent, reality will rush in. And you'll see it's so simple, it’s so simple. Why didn't I know this all the time? I used to believe by reading volume after volume I'll become enlightened. But it was so easy, I just had to quiet my mind.

— Robert Adams, T19: Slow Down The Mind And Let Reality Rush In

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

''Sometimes I sits and thinks. Sometimes I just sits''

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

images(37).jpg

?

God is love

And God in them

quote-spirituality-points-always-beyond-beyond-the-ordinary-beyond-possession-beyond-the-narrow-ernest-kurtz-84-18-48.jpg

God is love

And God in them

images(38).jpg

God is love

And God in them

images(47).jpg

Please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true, please be true

Oh boy

2szjun.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Saw on Facebook, has a few things in there which are nice

Learn from dogs

WHY DOGS LIVE LESS THAN HUMAN

Here's the surprising answer of a 6 year old child.

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish Wolfhound named Belker. The dog’s owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family we couldn’t do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker‘s family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker’s Death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that dogs' lives are shorter than human lives.  Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, ”I know why.”

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I’d never heard a more comforting explanation. It has changed the way I try and live.

He said, ”People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The six-year-old continued,

”Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay for as long as we do.”

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.

Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

• When your loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
• Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
• Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
• Take naps.
• Stretch before rising.
• Run, romp, and play daily.
• Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
• Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
• On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
• On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
• When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
• Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
• Be faithful.
• Never pretend to be something you’re not.
• If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
• When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

That's the secret of happiness that we can learn from a good dog.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

SH_quoteChodron4.jpg

God is love

And God in them

This thread is everything gahhhhh. 

My fave enlightenment quote:

”The truth of who you are, if realized, will set you free.”

-Eckhart Tolle

ram-dass-quotes-religions-are-founded-by-what-mystics-say-when-they-come-back-but-what-the-mystics-say-is-not-the-6412698081-quotes.jpg

God is love

And God in them

IMG_20190212_094824.png

2tgn6m.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

381607-Buddha-Quote-There-are-only-two-mistakes-one-can-make-along-the.jpg

h58EFADD3.jpg

MOOJI BLESS ME PLZZZZZZZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD 

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

mahatma-gandhi-when-you-surrender-completely-to-god-as-quote-on-storemypic-5fcc3.png

Amen 

God is love

And God in them

I know why you're here, Neo.

I know what you've been doing. I know why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit at your computer.

You're looking for him.

I know, because I was once looking for the same thing. And when he found me, he told me I wasn't really looking for him.

I was looking for an answer.

It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here.

You know the question, just as I did.

images(77).jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

anyone-who-genuinely-and.jpg

??

God is love

And God in them

The more you remain "the observer" the more you realize everything is your teacher.

B R E A T H E

It's inevitable,

Don't resist me

?

2018411-Rumi-Quote-The-time-has-come-to-turn-your-heart-into-a-temple-of.jpg

IMG_20190222_063741.png

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them