Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,210 posts in this topic

@eputkonen Nice quote. I'd also add: "And there's no need to tell anyone it's just a game."

Water TNH.jpg

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

8c4196d7436223251d78b2882f1c9f0e.jpgcrop.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5CC734A8-511C-46E8-9775-A61F6599FB58.jpeg

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

quotes-about-life-amen.jpg

God is love

And God in them

quote-truth-is-simple_16303-8.png

God is love

And God in them

687702-Shirley-Maclaine-Quote-One-can-become-as-intellectually-arrogant.jpgquote-spiritual-pride-is-the-most-dangerous-and-the-most-arrogant-of-all-sorts-of-pride-samuel-richardson-55-44-17.jpg

God is love

And God in them

4cf8d9b48e81e916b5473d52f2b37d88.jpg3492.jpg1589-both-faith-and-fear-spiritual-quotes-to-live-by.jpgpic-for-blog1.jpg

God is love

And God in them

“Strictly speaking there are no enlightened beings; there is only enlightened activity.”

— Suzuki Roshi

Any idea from whom this quote is ?

Truth-is-available-only-to-those-who-have-the-courage-to-question-whatever-they-have-been-taught.jpg

God is love

And God in them

One of Ramana Maharshi’s core teachings was about the Heart. How all thoughts originate from the Heart, and even our soul originated there. By surrendering to Heart without reservation, Ramana promises true bliss and fufillment by knowing that we are one with God, and made of pure Love.

Q : Surrender is impossible.

A : Yes, complete surrender is impossible in the beginning. Partial surrender is certainly possible for all. In course of time that will lead to complete surrender.

Q : Partial surrender – well – can it undo destiny?

A : Oh, yes! It can.
_____

Q : How I can gain that peace of mind?

A : Through devotion and surrender. Bhakti is the same as vichara. The form and appearance of God -manifestation are determined by the mind of the devotee. But it is not the finality. There is the sense of duality. A Higher Power is leading you. Be led by the same. The Higher Power knows what to do and how to do it. Trust it.
_____

Q: How is Grace to be obtained?

A : Similar to obtaining the Self.

Q : Practically, how is it to be done for us?

A : By self-surrender. Bhakti and Self Enquiry are one and the same.  The Self of the Advaitins is the God of the bhaktas.  All systems agree on self-surrender. Attain it first.
_____
Surrender will make one understand the Grace. Grace is constant.

Q : How to gain Divine Grace?

A : By surrender.

Q : Still I do not feel Grace.

A : Sincerity is wanting. Surrender should not be verbal nor conditional. Prayer is not verbal. It is from the heart.
_____
Grace is both the beginning and the end. Introversion is due to Grace; Perseverance is Grace; and Realisation is Grace. That is the reason for the statement “Only surrender to Me.” If one has entirely surrendered oneself, is there any part left to ask for Grace. Surrender yourself unreservedly and the Higher Power will reveal itself. Either the thoughts are eliminated by holding on to the root thought ‘I’ or one surrenders oneself unconditionally to the Higher Power. These are the only two ways for realisation. It is not enough that one thinks of God while doing the karma, but one must continually and unceasing think of Him. Then alone will the mind become pure. God cannot be deceived by outward genuflections, bowings and prostrations. Leave it to Him. Surrender unreservedly. One of two things must be done. Either surrender because you admit your inability and also require a Higher Power to help you; or investigate into the cause of misery, go into the source and merge into the Self. Either way you will be free from misery. God never forsakes one who has surrendered.
_____

Q : Can Sri Bhagavan help us to realise the Truth?

A : Help is always there.

Q : I do not feel the ever-present help.

A : Surrender and you will find it.

Q : Can I throw myself at the mercy of the Sadguru.

A : Yes, instructions are necessary only so long as one has not surrendered oneself. Surrender to Him and abide by His will whether he appears or vanishes; await His pleasure. If you ask Him to do as you please, it is not surrender but command to Him. You cannot have Him obey you and yet think that you have surrendered. He knows what is best and when and how to do it. Leave everything entirely to Him. His is the burden; you have no longer any cares. All your cares are His. Such is surrender. This is bhakti. Surrender can take effect only when done with full knowledge. Such knowledge comes after enquiry. It ends in surrender.
_____
There are two ways: either ask yourself, ‘Who am I?” or submit. Submit to Me and I will strike down the mind. There is no better “karma” or “bhakti” than enquiry into the self. The second path is the way of self-surrender – the way of sharanagathi. Surrender yourself to the universal and you will be absorbed in the universal.
_____
Surrender is complete only when you reach the stage Thou are all’ and ‘Thy will be done’. … you can have no likes or dislikes after your surrender; your will should become completely non-existent, the Lord’s will taking its place. The death of the ego in this way brings about a state which is not different from jnana or oneness. So by whatever path you may go, you must come to jnana.
_____
When one has completely surrendered oneself at the feet of Siva, thereby becoming of the nature of the Self, the resulting abundant peace, in which there is not even the least room within the Heart for one to make any complaint about one’s defects and deficiencies, alone is the nature of Supreme devotion.
_____
The end of sadhana, even in bhakti marga (the path of devotion), is attained only after complete surrender.
_____
You give up this and that of ‘my’ possessions. If you give up ‘I’ instead, all are given up at a stroke. The very seed of possession is lost. Thus the evil is nipped in the bud or crushed in the germ itself. Dispassion (vairagya) must be very strong to do this. Eagerness to do it must be equal to that of a man kept under water trying to rise to the surface for his life.
_____
…if you remember Bhagavan, you are prompted to do so by the Self. Is not grace already there? The very fact that you are possessed of the quest for the Self is a manifestation of the divine grace.
_____
Aurobindo advises complete surrender. Let us do that first and await results. Learn what surrender is. It is to merge in the source of the ego. It is enough that one surrenders oneself. Surrender is to give oneself up to the original cause of one’s being.
_____
Devotion is nothing more than knowing oneself. Surrender to the substratum of appearances unreservedly; then, the reality will be left over as the residue.

Some other profound quotes from Maharshi:

“The purpose of self-enquiry is to focus the entire mind at its source”.  (p.48).”

EB9A9C2F-86D8-4E25-B3E5-C21DF82B3EC8.jpeg

Edited by Solace

564999599.jpg

God is love

And God in them

18f853348a2edfe297018bd3168876bb.jpg319001.jpgalbertschweitzer1.jpg159e100d9e56f9e31f6687679c3f57fe.jpg97a580ba74b12480017dcc5d98e64efe.jpg

Merlin-mahatmagandhi.jpgThe-measure-of-a-mens-greatness-is-not-the-number-of-servants-he-has-but-the-number-of-people-he-serves2.jpgpeoplefeelfairy.jpghenrydrummond1.jpglesbrown1.jpgtariq-ramadan-to-live-is-to-love-to-serve-quote-on-storemypic-d46dd.png

29e1499608f5a2e6c654d222b89febdf.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

Where you are the entire universe resides.

B R E A T H E

We are always in the heart of God.

F12BA362-7038-4E9A-853B-4E0B8FF39EDF.jpeg

5D6E2684-E1BD-42C9-B782-2CD840E7B1D4.jpeg

404E8BBA-6516-4ACD-9056-7216567B8650.jpeg