Dodo

Enlightenment Quotes

1,212 posts in this topic

When you demand nothing of the world, nor of god, when you want nothing, seek nothing, expect nothing, then the Supreme state will come to you uninvited and unexpected. ~Nisargadatta Maharaj

"Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."

Jesus

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

"When we realize this truth and when we resume, when we find our composure in the everlasting truth which is everything changes, we find ourselves in nirvana."

Suzuki Roshi

In Japan we have the phrase, "Shoshin," which means "beginner's mind." Our "original mind" includes everything within itself. It is always rich and sufficient within itself. This does not mean a closed mind, but actually an empty mind and a ready mind. If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything. It is open to everything. In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities; in the expert's mind there are few.

Shunryu Suzuki

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

One is enlightened, no one is enlightened. 

Good one?

The ultimate Enlightenment Quote:

Whatever.

Just Be and Enlightenment becomes.

B R E A T H E

The foolish man conceives the idea of 'self.' The wise man sees there is no ground on which to build the idea of 'self;' thus, he has a right conception of the world and well concludes that all compounds amassed by sorrow will be dissolved again, but the truth will remain.

Buddha

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

"......You can only warn one who follows the message and fears the Most Merciful unseen. So give him good tidings of forgiveness and noble reward. Indeed, it is We who bring the dead to life and record what they have put forth and what they left behind, and all things We have enumerated in a clear register.  And present to them an example: the people of the city, when the messengers came to it - When We sent to them two but they denied them, so We strengthened them with a third, and they said, "Indeed, we are messengers to you." They said, "You are not but human beings like us, and the Most Merciful has not revealed a thing. You are only telling lies." They said, "Our Lord knows that we are messengers to you, And we are not responsible except for clear notification." They said, "Indeed, we consider you a bad omen. If you do not desist, we will surely stone you, and there will surely touch you, from us, a painful punishment." They said, "Your omen is with yourselves. Is it because you were reminded? Rather, you are a transgressing people." And there came from the farthest end of the city a man, running. He said, "O my people, follow the messengers. Follow those who do not ask of you [any] payment, and they are [rightly] guided.  And why should I not worship He who created me and to whom you will be returned? Should I take other than Him [false] deities [while], if the Most Merciful intends for me some adversity, their intercession will not avail me at all, nor can they save me? Indeed, I would then be in manifest error.  Indeed, I have believed in your Lord, so listen to me." It was said, "Enter Paradise." He said, "I wish my people could know. Of how my Lord has forgiven me and placed me among the honored." And We did not send down upon his people after him any soldiers from the heaven, nor would We have done so. It was not but one shout, and immediately they were extinguished.  How regretful for  people. There did not come to them any messenger except that they used to ridicule him.  Have they not considered how many generations We destroyed before them - that they to them will not return?  And indeed, all of them will yet be brought present before Us. And a sign for them is the dead earth. We have brought it to life and brought forth from it grain, and from it they eat.  And We placed therein gardens of palm trees and grapevines and caused to burst forth therefrom some springs - That they may eat of His fruit. And their hands have not produced it, so will they not be grateful?  Exalted is He who created all pairs - from what the earth grows and from themselves and from that which they do not know......" The Quran 

Enlightenment is active when you can't relate to the concept of it. When you no longer have a clue what even enlightenment or absence of enlightenment even mean. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Wisdom is knowing i am nothing,

Love is knowing i am everything.

B R E A T H E

16 hours ago, pluto said:

Wisdom is knowing i am nothing,

Love is knowing i am everything.

@pluto Good one mr. Pluto!

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

“I become a transparent eyeball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part of God.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

"You must understand the whole of life, not just one little part of it. That is why you must read, that is why you must look at the skies, that is why you must sing, and dance, and write poems, and suffer, and understand; for all that is life."

- Jiddu Krishnamurti

"Your mind is all stories. Let go of thinking."

- Dipa ma

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

67534B85-019F-47D4-A869-BE41BE9DDDA0.jpeg

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️