Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Extreme Z7

Eezy's Life Purpose Journal

31 posts in this topic

June 19, 2017 - Monday

Pretty boring day, not much interesting occurred. I'm still working hard at my game project and I haven't really had much simply quiet time to just ponder and reflect. For now, I'm just a busy bee. Kinda waiting for my graduation ceremony, though. Can't wait to get this absurd college stuff which has plagued me for 5 years behind me for good.

Your homework, Kevin?

• Spent more than 3 hours doing level design/coding work for my game project. I'm getting close to having enough to make a new preview video again, this one's going to be of the first level.
  • More digital artwork for the game as usual.
  • Read some more The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius. I still can't follow 80% of it so I'm hoping a book summary will help me understand the book.
  • Haven't had much motivation to do anything music production-related lately. Probably because I want to be able to focus on one thing at a time and right now, that's being taken over by my game project.

Your homework to be submitted to tomorrow involves. . .

• Continue working on Level 1 to get closer to making a preview video of it.
  • Continue drawing more digital art for the game
  • Read more from The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius and also part of a summary of it.
  • (Optional) Do anything related to music production.

Oh how I love sleep! Tomorrow THERE WILL BE NO SLEEP!

June 20, 2017 - Tuesday

Overslept today. Felt pretty frustrated about it. It can be hard for me to get up early I really to have as much time as I can to do what I want to do everyday. Hoping that it doesn't happen again although it probably will.

What has been done today?

• Didn't have the time to spend working on my game today as I was pretty with some college-related stuff. I'm already graduating but I still have some clearance issues to deal with. I do, however, plan to work on it for about a half hour or so after writing this entry.
  • I did actually, spend some time working on this:
    Krazy_Gun_Shark.png
  • That's about it actually, didn't have much to do anything else.

What to do tomorrow?

• Same plans as yesterday. I just hope I don't oversleep this time.

Have you seen the news lately? They say that tomorrow Voldemort will rise back to power!

June 22, 2017 - Thursday

I've decided to begin replacing my daily drawing habit with a daily music production practice habit. Yesterday, I've decided to break the routine which I started on August 2016. Almost made it a year but that wasn't exactly my goal. I started it because I thought it that getting good at drawing was one of my greatest passions and it still is but I found that I enjoy listening to and creating music a lot more and I just don't have much time have both routines in place at the same time. I'll still be drawing, though, I'm just not making it a daily habit anymore.

Anyway, what happened today?

• Spent about a couple of hours working on my game project. I wanted to spend a lot more time on it but  I spent the morning studying for a Basic Engineering Exam which I will be taking on October and part of the afternoon with my family at the mall.
  • No drawing or reading today.
  • Spent more time learning and practicing electronic music production. I'm essentially making music purely through a computer rather than through any kind of instruments, not even a MIDI keyboard.

What happens tomorrow?

• Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.

Today, I live. Tomorrow I live some more because go away!

June 24, 2017 - Saturday

I decided to take a little break today. I was feeling both stressed out and bored with my game project so I thought I'd just lay back today and play some video games all day. I do, however, still have that new music-production practice I started this week so I did spend more time learning from internet videos and directly working on a new track. I still feel a lot of resistance when making music because I don't have much experience so I keep encountering problems with deciding what to do next and how to do it when making a song.

Tomorrow I'll get back to my normal routine. Today felt good and was really effective at easing out the stress so I plan to try to do this once a week to avoid burnout.

Oh and tomorrow JKG, stop liking my posts you annoying worm! (it's a joke. . . you may now laugh hysterically).

June 26, 2017 - Monday

Looks like I couldn't go back to regular routine today. i forgot that I still had college graduation ceremonies to deal with and it ate up quite a significant chunk of my time today. I still managed to get some creative work done but only a little. I've been learning to feel okay with it regarding the fact that I'm also going to be pretty busy with other occasions as well this week like my actual graduation ceremony and an annual Fiesta tradition my culture has coming this Friday.

But that's Friday, tomorrow I will find a piece of chewed gum under my shoe, I will name it Alfred.

June 28, 2017 - Wednesday

Pretty much just more work done today. In regards to my game project, I really am still in the middle of a very slow process. I'm in the part where the excitement of the initial idea has run out and I have to just keep pushing through the boredom and monotony of the work. I don't think it's likely that I'm going to be passionate of a game programming job in the future. I've always had this dream of becoming a video game music composer, though. Ever since I was a little kid, I was obsessed with the soundtracks of various games that I played. So, naturally, I still spent quite a bit of time working on a music track I'm currently producing. Didn't have much time though because I spent so much time on the game project.

I pretty much did what I wanted to do today. I hope tomorrow is the day Donald Trump gets impeached. . . I mean gets him a peach.

July 2, 2017 - Sunday

I haven't posted in a while because I got caught up in various festivities involving my family. Basically, I had little time to get creative work done. I don't really have much motivation right now to write all the details but I will say that I've considered getting into classical Indian-style yoga today inspired by one of Leo's recent blog posts. I'm doing it in the hopes that it will help me to become more focused and productive and of course, also bring a ton of other great benefits as well especially with emotional mastery.

I'll be talking about this more tomorrow. And tomorrow I gotta be cheerful or Santa will put me in his naughty list.

July 4, 2017 - Tuesday

I forgot to post this in my last entry.

I've been wanting to seriously pursue electronic music production for a long time. I don't know yet where it will take me in the future but I should really just focus on gaining more and more practice each day.

I'm also currently studying for a Fundamentals of I.T. Engineering exam to hopefully get hired at my first job. It has nothing to do with my life purpose (not directly anyway). Just something I'm doing to hopefully earn some money that will definitely help but it is eating up a significant part of time.

Also, I'm still making tiny babysteps progress with my game project.

P.S. If you listened to the track, you may have noticed that I used a sample from Leo's What is God video? I just thought it would be fun.

July 5, 2017 - Wednesday

Currently working on a new music track for my game project. Starting a new song is usually tricky but was met with more resistance than usual with this particular one because I was having a hard time trying to come up with creative ideas. I noticed that this is all a matter of just pushing through. and making sure that I take real steps each day. i wish I had more time during the day or had less of a sleep quota so I could move to mastery quicker but I have to keep reminding myself to be patient.

Oh and tomorrow I really shouldn't forget to write a secret message in my entry for the day like I did yesterday.

July 15, 2017 - Saturday

Did nothing LP-related today because I meditated for 10 hours because why not?