Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Extreme Z7

Post Spiritual Terminologies Here

6 posts in this topic

When you start researching a bit on spiritual traditions or listen to some spiritual teachers, you may come across terms that you may have never heard before. I myself don't know a lot because I haven't studied a lot so I thought it'd be nice if we could enumerate various spiritual terms that will help broaden our collective spiritual vocabulary.

I'll start...

Mukti = Spiritual Liberation

Sadhana = Daily Spiritual Practice

Pranayama = the formal practice of controlling the breath, which is the source of our prana, or vital life force

Maya = The power, as a God, to create illusion.

Trataka = A gazing meditation also known as 'Yogic Gazing'

Satsang = being in the company of the truth , by sitting together with a guru or a group of spiritual students.

I like the word/term Kotodama..japanese

Kotodama = word spirit, A belief that divine power/spirit resides in a word and words can be magical.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

2 hours ago, jse said:

Contemplative Banana

banana1.jpg

Chakra Banana

banana-2.jpg

Dualistic Banana

banana2.jpg

Poor José has gone bananas... :/

Samadhi - Meditation has two parts: the beginning and the end. The beginning is called dhyana and the end is called samadhi. Dhyana is the seed, samadhi is the flowering. Dhyana means becoming aware of all workings of your mind, all the layers of your mind — your memories, your desires, your thoughts, dreams — becoming aware of all that goes on inside you. Dhyana is awareness, and samadhi is when the awareness has become so deep, so profound, so total that it is like a fire and it consumes the whole mind and all its functionings. It consumes thoughts, desires, ambitions, hopes, dreams. It consumes the whole stuff the mind is full of.

The word samadhi means all problems are solved, all questions are dissolved. You have come to a space which knows no questions, no problems, which is eternally blissful. This is the place which can be called godliness, because you are one with the whole existence.

Samadhi one enters only once and then one never comes out of it. There is no way out. There is no exit, there is only entrance. Samadhi is not a state, is not a mood in which you go and then you can come out. Samadhi is your very being.