Hallo_Leo

I Have Cockroaches Phobia I Wanna Get Rid Of It

17 posts in this topic

helow, i have a cockroaches phobia i wanna get rid of it , when i see cockroaches i will run and when it touches me i will loose my awareness, i fall asleep something like that..i wanna get rid of it, and actually i like it's shape and if it wasn't light and dirty may i have some of it like pet, but now i'm very scared of it....

Read up on hypnosis and take a session. This stuff is definitely curable.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

Face your fears. Expose yourself to the cockroaches and resist the urge to push away your feelings or run away from it. The more you run away from this fear, the more you fear it. Every time you react you tell your brain it needs to be afraid. Exposure is scientifically proven to work for phobias, so trust me it ain't no bs.

"Constant exposure to dangers will breed contempt for them." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca.

Lol

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Summary: Take small bites

Edited by Extreme Z7

Are you scared of female cockroaches more than the males ? 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

It's the separation that you don't enjoy. How can I be that fucking cockroach? It's so gross, right?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 5/28/2017 at 5:23 PM, Loreena said:

Are you scared of female cockroaches more than the males ? 

Every female is better :D

On 5/26/2017 at 7:19 PM, Hallo_Leo said:

helow, i have a cockroaches phobia i wanna get rid of it , when i see cockroaches i will run and when it touches me i will loose my awareness, i fall asleep something like that..i wanna get rid of it, and actually i like it's shape and if it wasn't light and dirty may i have some of it like pet, but now i'm very scared of it....

I was afraid of cockroaches as a child. Then, I lived with a severe German Cockroach infestation as a teenager for a couple years. We bombed the trailer many times, but they would just go up underneath the trailer and have a have a giant cockroach orgy. So, bombing just made the problem worse. So, it was not super uncommon to wake up with one crawling on you. If you picked up the cordless phone charger the wrong way twenty would come spilling out. Open up a cabinet and a few would fall on you. Kick the dog's bowl and fifty would come skittering out. Open up my backpack in highschool, and hope that no cockroaches stowed away with me. They were everywhere. But after a few days of infestation, I pretty much had to get used to it. Human beings can get used to ANYTHING, and quickly. Exposure therapy totally works. Now, I have no fear of cockroaches. But I'm very glad that I don't have to live with them anymore.

Also, I feel obligated to do a little infomercial. I'm normally not one to advertise about things online, but this product totally works. So, if anyone is struggling with a German Cockroach infestation, then I HIGHLY recommend getting "Dupont Advion Cockroach Gel Bait". You put little dots in the corners of the room and cabinets. And in two weeks, you'll have ZERO cockroaches, even if they have completely taken over your home for years. It's a life saver.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I used to have some sort of a fear from bugs, mainly roaches and spiders but it all ended "at least for the most part" when i was having a good LSD experience and then i was sitting there in such awe by the experience and so much going on and a roach and later on spider crawled near me and i even picked them up and played with them like a curious child but prior to that experience i was so grossed and freaked out by them i would jump 10 feet in the air if they were near or on me.

I guess cause you notice so much about life from a good experience and so much is going on in that moment silly little things like that are of no interest or cannot simply bother you due to the high state you are in. Who knows but i thought i'd share that little story,

B R E A T H E

I used to fear spiders, so I can understand you. My schoolteacher noticed that and decided to help me. He advanced me to read everything about spiders: habitats, food preferences, habits, etc. It was terrible at first, but then I even started watching videos about them and the fear passed away. Make such research about roaches - it's the easy way to face your fear and to solve the problem. Here is an article about those little guys. Don't be scared, I believe you can handle your fear!

The ones that terrified me as a teen were the ones with wings.  If I found one flying around before bedtime, I would not sleep until it was dead.  This all happened because one night I was sleeping and had this "dream".  I had this dream of eating something god-awful.  It tasted like paper, rough, and gishy in my mouth and it had a foul stink to it.  When I woke up, I realized that I had probably had one of the fliers land on my face, go into my mouth, and I had eaten it.  It was really weird because they seem to like to go into your mouth while you're sleeping.

Later, I found the nest brewing in my comic collection, brought them out in the open, and killed them all by hand & foot.

These days I figure they were probably going into the mouth to try and get food in your teeth, need a drink, or perhaps to commit suicide.

Last year, when I was in India, the corporate bathrooms would have nests of these things just hanging out on the walls or floors, undisturbed running their little roach errands or hanging out.  Since I was awake, it didn't really bother me, but I'd destroy them if I found them in my bedroom (fortunately none were found in my hotel room).

These days what gets on my nerves are wasps.  I work from home & I'll be talking to a customer & have one large one suddenly fly out, heading to the bananas to build on their nest.  The first time, I called maintenance to handle it in case it was a nest.  However, it was just one.  He killed it.  A few weeks later, another popped out & heading to the bananas.  On the last time, I found that if you just tap them from the top in mid-flight with your broom, they'll drop to the ground fast & then you can crush them quickly.  This one was still alive after I pounced it, so I scooped it up & put it outside in case it was still alive (can live out the rest of its existence or be a resource for another animal).

I've also found that what really bothers me about them is the jerky movement when they're on surfaces as well.  They move in such an unpredictable way.  At any rate, that's how I've handled my fear with them: try to find an explanation as to what they're doing around me, then kill it if it feels to be a threat, otherwise, ignore it.

@Hallo_Leo An alive cockroach scares you more than a dead one, right? This is probably unhygienic, but it could get you to face your fears. Kill a cockroach and just touch the carcass (e.g poke it with your hands) . When I was a kid I was absolutely scared of spiders, and wouldn't dream of touching them. But if you can get used to touching something, I think your fear of it can start to dissapate. And since the cockroach will be dead, you won't have to worry about it moving or doing surprise movements. 

After that, try touching alive cockroaches. Try to be very rational, and get it through to your subconscious mind than there is nothing to be afraid of. This is easier said than done. After all, cockroaches can't really harm you at all. 

As with all things in life, mindfulness helps. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

They used to freak me out too because of them being "gross". I still don't want them around but over the years I learned how amazing they are. 

What made me change my perspective on them is I've decided to learn more about different creatures and species that many people may be put off by. Like snakes, spiders, and roaches. 

These creatures are so different from us and I think that in a way we have evolved to fear them. But when I realized that they are living out their lives just like we are in their own way, allowed me to expand my understanding to where I'm not bothered by them anymore.

I think it goes back to the saying, "people fear what they dont understand."