Vamptacular

[book] Awaken The Giant Within, Tony Robbins (10/10)

3 posts in this topic

This is my desert island book.

The book that if I was allowed only one and stranded, I would take this.  

Why? 

Tony's words inspire self-empowerment, not simply self-improvement. They make you feel hope when all hope is lost and instill the value that you can believe in yourself and help yourself improve your own life.  This was written at a time pivotal in Tony's own career where I really believe he was at the first peak of his own career mastery.  This book carries a different energy than some of his others and I perhaps consider it his greatest written work (but I have yet to read "Money"- that's on my shelf to get to asap.)

Some people have commented that Tony's written work can be dry and I agree that Tony Robbins is best absorbed by listening to his words or seeing him live.  His presence and spoken charisma are unstoppable and he carries an enduring energy with him that does not always translate for all through his writings.  

I like his books, programs and videos because he is able to reach all people. He truly understands human beings perhaps like no other.  A lot of teachers and coaches touch on subjects that we all face but Tony is a master at being able to drill right down with laser focus to pinpoint that hidden thing, the blind spots that not even those who know us well can see about us.  He then empowers us to take control of our mental, emotional, physical, financial, spiritual, etc. selves and go forth in life being who we truly are, as a whole person.  

Anyway, if you missed this older book from 1991, it's a good solid read and it's a great reference read too. you can pick it up and enjoy one chapter and learn something new about you. Tony has a way of applying NLP, psychology and understands physiology, nutrition, human drive- enough that he cuts through all the psycho babble for you and approaches issues with real techniques that are applicable in the now.   

I hope to never be on that desert island alone, but if I am...I hope this book is somehow with me to keep me going in spirit.  ;-)

There is a free version of this book available:

https://www.tonyrobbins.com/ebook/

I just found this today. He says that it's a "condensed" version of Awaken The Giant Within. I personally haven't read either. 

Edit:
Actually it's not a "condensed version it's some sections of the book only.

Edited by Phrae
details

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --