Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZenTwizzle

I Question Leo's Ego

11 posts in this topic

When you don't have to ask anymore. 

Getting rid of the ego is the stripping away of all beliefs, assumptions, conclusions, and theories about the world we live in, including the world we live in. Getting rid of all definitions and meaning and throwing it into a fire and then realizing that fire doesn't really exist and that the person "you" who threw everything into the fire doesn't exist either. 

Language can't explain it, "you" have to experience it for yourself. All of this isn't true anyways. 

Hope I helped.

Edited by Avi

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

I question it too! ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks Leo and Avi, I understand the what, just can't figure out the how.

What keeps you tied to this earth?  Your ego.  What makes you so sure that once the ego has been moved passed you can find it again and put the mask back on?  

How can the ocean remember the drop of rain it once thought it was?

Ok wait sorry that sounded guru ish.  But what if the moment you reach true enlightenment you no longer want to be part of your body or the grand illusion.  What if its an evolutionary step and wanting to return to it would be like us returning single celled organisms?

Edited by ayokolomo

You can get rid of your ego by doing hard physical labor for most of the day.  Focus on the methods and master each practice until it becomes second nature.  Then help others to learn the physical labor.  Do it for no other reason then because you are able.  Not for pride, or for show, or for posterity.  Do it because it needs to be done.  This is the basis behind Shaolin Kung Fu.  "Kung fu" translates to "hard work." Google "Shaolin monks"

In reference to Bronsoval's post about kung fu. Was Bruce Lee enlightened?

8 hours ago, Pinocchio said:

That's what my ego said too O.o

lol, tenacious little devils, aren't they? (egos that is) I even find myself talking to my ego, and then I realize who's talking!

28 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

"Let's get enlightened!" :ph34r:

This made me laugh.

The mis-understanding here is the duality of how we try to explain "ego death". This may confuse you more, but you cannot get rid of the ego, because it "doesn't exist", it is only a part of your experience and therefore inseparable from the experience. You can however miraculously it may seem, cease to identify with it and along with all that implies. Though, you will always wear a mask, and that will be your "ego".