Dan Arnautu

Help Me Choose A Pen Name!

24 posts in this topic

So I've decided to use a pseudonym for my future youtube channel but I can't figure out which one to use. My full name is Dan Adrian Arnăutu (I am of Romanian descent). 

As you can see, the last part is hard to pronnounce and memorize and that makes me want to change it.

Keep in mind only the last name needs to be changed. I want to keep my first name.

Here are some names I came up with:

• Dan A. Edward
  • Dan Arnaud
  • Dan Cedrick
  • Dan Arthur
  • Dan Cormac
  • Dan Aedan
  • Dan Aaron
  • Dan Edrian
  • Dan Raven

What do you think? Which of them sound too cheesy and which of them sound cool? Other suggestions are also welcome. :) 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

You have a rare name, that's something that will make you stick in memory if you make a good impression.

I'd go for a simplified version of your name. 

Dan Arnaud I think is very good. You can go french on it also, Dan Arnaude.

Good luck !

@Annetta @AndreiC Thank you both for the input! I made sure not to come up with names I don't resonate with, so both of them are good. :D

I'm gonna wait for a few more opinions until I make a decision though. :P

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

I like your name as it is now. I remember people whose names I have trouble with, like Mihaly  Csikszentmihalyi and Arnold Schwarzenegger. 

Dan Diggler

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Maybe on a second channel, haha. :D:P

@egoeimai You guys are really getting a kick out of this. I like it. 

Dan Jovi

Dan Amtrak

Dan Jasper

Dan Arnold

Dan Deven

Dan Deniss

Dan Adrian

Dan Cruzo

Dan Damascus

Dan Cornell

Dan Marin

Dan Arnan

Dan Python

Dan Wick

Dan Dixon

Dan Leroy

Dan Guy

Dan Gate

Dan Pixar

Dan Pill

Dan Peget

Dan Smith

Dan Pitt

Dan Ford

Dan Danny

Dan Dwight

Dan Almighty

Dan Ryan

Dan Riley

Dan Dean

Dan Drizzy

Dan Anthony

Dan Prescott

Dan Herrera

Dan Jacobs

Dan Mascot

Dan Scott

Dan Taylor

Dan Jon

Dan Geller

Dan Lauren

Dan Smith

Dan Snows

Dan Schweppes

Dan Zach

Dan Zachary

Dan Ralph

Dan Racca

Dan Roman

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena Omg, thank you for taking the time to think about all those! I'm gonna compare them soon! ^_^

I think that the "accent" in your name (the letter "ă") makes it look very cool (because it's unusual in many languages). You may want to keep it.

For example, I'd go with something like Dan Adarnă (which mixes your second and last names).

The alliterations of the sounds "A" and "D"  (which are also, incidentally, the name of musical notes) make it sound quite musical and harmonious, like a melody (this alliteration technique is also present in brand names such as "Coca Cola", with repetitions of "A", "O" and "C").

Also notice the "Dan Ad-" palindrom in the first two syllabs (a pattern which can be mirrored), which adds some style to the name.

Overall, it would be a good balance between english and "foreign" language (your first name would sound common and friendly ; and your last name would sound more mysterious and exotic). I wouldn't choose a fully "americanised" or "westernised" name like "Dan Smith" or "Dan Aaron".

10 hours ago, AndreiC said:

Dan Arnaud I think is very good. You can go french on it also, Dan Arnaude.

"Arnaud" is actually a common french first name (and sounds very french as a last name too).

PS: I can tell, because i'm french :)

Edited by spinc

2 minutes ago, spinc said:

"Arnaud" is actually a common french first name (and sounds very french as a last name too).

PS: I can tell, because i'm french :)

I didn't say it was not, haha. :D

3 minutes ago, spinc said:

I think that the "accent" in your name (the letter "ă") makes it look very cool (because it's unusual in many languages). You may want to keep it.

For example, I'd go with something like Dan Adarnă.

I'm gonna think about that.

11 hours ago, Dan Arnautu said:

Dan Aedan

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Bună ziua Dl. Arnăutu,

Dan Daman
Dan Aile
Dan Dat
Dan'n Dusted

enhanced-31807-1415393099-5.jpg

Edited by Lai

@AnnettaHaha, thanks, but it's too cheesy. :P

@Captain Flint Very interesting. Dan Cormac is leading with 2 points. There is also a tie between Dan Arnaud/Dan Arthur/Dan Aedan/Dan Raven and Dan Arnăutu at 1 point each. Very hard to decide omg. Might try all of them until one sticks. Otherwise I might go into paralysis by analysis, haha.