Sevi

Loneliness Vid

15 posts in this topic

This last video was really touching to my possibly major root cause. I was resistant to the video at first, I even didn't want to accept it, but moving backwards from my reaction, I was surprised to see that, that is the source which my issues are fed from.

I think it's really not an easy job to touch people's real causes like this: you are doing the most helpful act but in return what you generally get is full egotistical reactions.. really not an easy task. It should be difficult to stay motivated to do such work. Especially in our modern times while we all go the easy way.

I could track a very important root to the bottom, I am very appreciated. You pay thousands of dollars and psychotherapists can not even get you closer to that sometimes.

I had known it but this video brought it back to my consciousness that I took all of my father's fears on me as they are mine, and how still I have a lot of work to do differ my own psyche from his intense reflections on me.

I'm the only child, I think he was the decision maker for that, he had experienced poverty in his childhood, so he wanted to support his child the right way. I appreciate that decision actually, that's very understandable; but he got so afraid I believe that because of his decision I will live a lonely life, that's not true of course; but it's my job right now to differ his emotions from mine. Thank you Leo.

?

Yeah I have that feeling too when I started talking about self-actualization to my friends as well. Nobody understands a thing and they all think I'm starting to go insane. It's a bit depressing, yes, but the key is to that issue is to make it a non-issue. Marcus Aurelius once said that "the obstacle becomes the way", so think of loneniless as the way instead of the obstacle. Instead of thinking how to overcome loneliness, think about how to make use of it. Leo said that this loneliness should be the very foundation of self-actualization, so keep that in mind when you're feeling lonely.

No, I actually really love solitude, that's why this thing is contradictory for me.. what I see is I have hard time to acknowledge that loneliness; that I even allow myself to feel it. The thing is that I had worked on it before to overcome and I thought I did; seems that still I have something to share with myself.. thank you for your response@hinawashi , I appreciated it.

On 2017. 05. 25. at 6:05 PM, Sevi said:

I think it's really not an easy job to touch people's real causes like this: you are doing the most helpful act but in return what you generally get is full egotistical reactions.. really not an easy task.

Yupp, most people play the role of the victim. This video really shines the light on what makes real growth real growth. This is what most people don't accept. Deep down, you are the cause of every single emotion you have, 100%.

On 2017. 05. 25. at 6:05 PM, Sevi said:

It should be difficult to stay motivated to do such work. Especially in our modern times while we all go the easy way.

In the perpective of Leo, this is his life purpose.

On the other hand, self actualization/enlightment/mindfulness work is hard. In school, I read, I occasionally read books or meditate. People ask me: "What is this shit that you are reading/doing?", "Why don't you believe in God?", "Why do you meditate?". My best friend said that I am brainwashed by Leo. When everyone in focused on wordly success and joy, it's hard to stay true to your motivation. However, if you can't control the inner filter through which all infomation goes through, you will be a victim for life.

Keep growing: Torkys.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

This vid also helped me a lot. I wasn't affraid of loneliness per say, but I did think that I might go insane if I contionue to live in solitude for years.

But when I saw the vid, I was at ease because now I can calmly move forward on this path without hesitation. I know that this is what I want.

Though I have a lot of resistance from other people (my family, shoolmates, even close friends). From some I've been hiding this stuff (PD) though it's been causing a hell inside me because of the lying.

Are you guys open with others about doing personal development (PD)? How do others react when they find out?

23 minutes ago, Torkys said:

Yupp, most people play the role of the victim. This video really shines the light on what makes real growth real growth. This is what most people don't accept. Deep down, you are the cause of every single emotion you have, 100%.

I totally agree. That's one of the videos that I love the most. Without taking 100% responsibility sincerely, I think we would just delude ourselves, which I see a lot: for the sake of pd, everyone invents a different, creative way for escape the real issues. I think we fear pain, that can be one of the reasons.

@PetarKa I don't give others any room to judge actually, it's not their business at all, maybe because of that idk, most of the people around me behaves.

@PetarKa on the other hand, you are completely right, because I almost can 'see' their judgmental/resisting inner talks; when the objectives in life and the perception of the life  vibrate differently in people, that doesn't allow the individuals to create a unison.

@PetarKa @Sevi I would recommend these videos. These changed my opinion. If you are lying about PD and spirituality, you are creating a self image for others which is not you. They will like/love the image, not your authenthic self. If you are serious about this stuff, stop lying and be authenthic! The people who reject you won't help you grow. Only the people who remain can make you "better". If you are hiding your "true self" (doing enlightment work, this is ironic to say), you are just creating conflict in yourself.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkys thank you. How you lie video is a very helpful great work. Since you offered this idea, may I ask you a favor? Do you see any self-lies in these posts of mine? If so, could you point those out to me? Sometimes it is so easy to fall into self-deception even if you want to stay true to yourself. It's easier to see those, from an outside eye.. that would be very helpful to me..

I am also guilty of this.. I haven't told anyone about PD. I mean, when people see the kind of books I read, it should be pretty obvious and they give me some strange looks and questions why 'I read such stuff'. 3-4 people know about my meditation habit, and even that was very difficult to tell them I don't know why. Maybe I am afraid of their judgement?

The only people I can't hide anything from are my parents. and the sometimes say I am 'becoming strange and lonely, cut off from the world' and they also say that I am 'completely brainwashed by that guru' (Leo that is hahaha). 

I've become a quite lonely wolf over the past two years..

whatever arises, love that

On 6/17/2017 at 2:45 AM, phoenix666 said:

and they also say that I am 'completely brainwashed by that guru' (Leo that is hahaha). 

Couple of weeks ago I was talking to my father, helping him out on some of his issues.. he really found the conversation helpful and then said to me that after I started watching that guy I became wiserxD this response surprised me but I got a little annoyed that all the credit went to Leo:)

@Sevi At first I used this video to glorify the joy of my hermit-dom...then I went a little overboard with live musical socializations, etc ...because the coin has two sides...(or at least mine seems to have a darker one, lol).... for me...it's best to respect, enjoy, and revel in my intentional-rainforest-isolation, most of the time...mostly to grow...but, I also wish to maintain the awareness of the supposed need for some human connection "biologically" and respect that too, for sanities sake (but then I wonder about those reaching enlightenment rather than going crazy, with epic isolation, etc)....Also, to be aware when solitude is "for the wrong reasons" at times for me....and have firm mindfulness, when I leave the sanctuary of solitude, that I make every effort for like-minded, conscious hangs, rather than debaucherous chimpery, drama, etc....but even more importantly...mindfulness in using solitude for evolution not more distractions (that are worse or equivalent to pointless chimpy interactions just to avoid "lonliness") ....I have no idea if that was remotely coherent, sorry...lol....

57 minutes ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@Sevi At first I used this video to glorify the joy of my hermit-dom...then I went a little overboard with live musical socializations, etc ...because the coin has two sides...(or at least mine seems to have a darker one, lol).... for me...it's best to respect, enjoy, and revel in my intentional-rainforest-isolation, most of the time...mostly to grow...but, I also wish to maintain the awareness of the supposed need for some human connection "biologically" and respect that too, for sanities sake (but then I wonder about those reaching enlightenment rather than going crazy, with epic isolation, etc)....Also, to be aware when solitude is "for the wrong reasons" at times for me....and have firm mindfulness, when I leave the sanctuary of solitude, that I make every effort for like-minded, conscious hangs, rather than debaucherous chimpery, drama, etc....but even more importantly...mindfulness in using solitude for evolution not more distractions (that are worse or equivalent to pointless chimpy interactions just to avoid "lonliness") ....I have no idea if that was remotely coherent, sorry...lol....

@Epiphany_Inspired no quite the opposite, this is a different angle which enriched my sight! This is very kind of you, thank you very much indeed❤

@Sevi @phoenix666 funny how my wife thinks that I was brainwashed by Leo lol. She told me I'm more calm and in control but she hates Leo I don't know why , I sometimes saw her having a bad day and told her to watch Leo haha.