Alii

How Can You Tell If A Person Is Enlightened? (response To Leo's May 18 Insight)

298 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

We can't decide what is good and what is bad in our unconsciousness.

I can. I've decided raping women and children is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Geo said:

children

Why bring children and animals in between , who talked about them ?

6 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Why bring children and animals in between , who talked about them ?

This thread started off about a man eating a burger. Leo mentioned enlightened Monks raping children. 

10 minutes ago, Geo said:

children

Every child is born clever. No child is ever born idiotic. Great effort has to be made before you can become stupid. But society starts to cripple the child because society cannot allow that much intelligence. That much intelligence is dangerous. A Buddha or a Lao Tzu or a Jesus are people who somehow escaped from society, who somehow managed it that society did not change them into stupid people.

We are destroying life of every children , result is this insane state of humanity. We can't see what crimes we are doing, unless we awake from our sleep.

2 minutes ago, Geo said:

Leo mentioned enlightened Monks raping children. 

Who knows those monks are enlightened ?

28 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Who knows those monks are enlightened ?

I hope not or humanity is truly fucked! 

Although, from enlightenment's point of view, there would be no issue. However, from the human mind's perspective, it is wrong. 

It's a tricky one as of depends what angle you are coming from.

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

Enlightenment is finding your being. Just sit with your being alone to achieve that. Haha, you're probably already doing that and are like "The fuq this kid just said to me". 

No, there is lot more to it than that. The enlightenment I'm talking about is almost impossible without 5-MeO. There are a lot of false realizations along the way that can be confused as enlightenment. What you're talking about is still in the dream state, it's not experiencing God. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

5 hours ago, Seed said:

From enlightenment's point of view, rape isn't wrong, purely because the concept doesn't exist.

However, from a perception point of view, then the judgement is your own. In which case arguments are valid.

Correct?

What's happening is a reasoning from the ideological position of nonduality based on the concept that duality is a construct of the mind in which good/evil and right/wrong are just imaginary and symbolic but not 'real'. Although, to believe that someone who is "enlightened" would rape is to disregard many of the attributes expressed in enlightenment.

I think the question is, and one that we can probably never know the answer to, is this;

If a self claimed enlightened person, (male or female) is raped. Would they honestly, only feel unconditional love for their rapist? Would they feel absolutely 100% enlightened, during the experience and afterwards?

If not, then they are not 'enlightened'. They are just as dualistic as the rest of us.

5 hours ago, Seed said:

If a self claimed enlightened person, (male or female) is raped. Would they honestly, only feel unconditional love for their rapist? Would they feel absolutely 100% enlightened, during the experience and afterwards?

If not, then they are not 'enlightened'. They are just as dualistic as the rest of us.

They would feel love but they can defend themselves if necessary. They know there is no death. 

But what of they were defenceless? Would they feel fear ? Or just indifferent? Or infinite love ?

18 hours ago, Deep said:

No, there is lot more to it than that. The enlightenment I'm talking about is almost impossible without 5-MeO. There are a lot of false realizations along the way that can be confused as enlightenment. What you're talking about is still in the dream state, it's not experiencing God. 

It could be, but that's if you believe that dream states are not God. You're talking about a different state of consciousness, I'm talking about that which is here even in the dream states! God

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

48 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

So one day some virgins gathered to talk about how great having sex was. Each virgin had their own unique insight into what they imagined sex would be like, how an orgasm would feel etc. The problem was since none of them had ever had sex before, they were all wrong.

Along came someone who had had sex, and when this person tried to explain it everybody got mad because the explanation wasn't as grand as their imaginations, and since they imagined their imaginations would never let them down about such lofty matters they refused to believe what the person said.

The person who had had sex just sighed and walked away (and went home and had sex with their partner) while the virgins all continued to mentally masturbate, and to date, they all remain virgins.

Are you saying that I'm a virgin ?

I thought this was handled :|

SHHHHHHHH, plz don't, I need my fun :(

giphy.gif

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Dodo said:

It could be, but that's if you believe that dream states are not God. You're talking about a different state of consciousness, I'm talking about that which is here even in the dream states! God

Yes, God is always here. I'm suggesting we remain skeptical of that until we experience Absolute Infinity ourselves. The dream state is like being a zombie in comparison to that. Just because someone tells us we are God, doesn't mean we should accept it. If we blindly accept it, it becomes an airy fairy idea. :D 

rumi.jpg

Until you die, you will not understand that reality is absolutely perfect. That, and only that, is Buddha-mind. All your human squabbling about what is right for reality means no more than the squabbling of turkeys.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 5/24/2017 at 1:44 AM, Leo Gura said:

American cultural finds it totally acceptable -- and even highly desirable -- to chop off the tips of little boy's dicks, but totally unacceptable to chop off the clitoris of little girls. Could it get any more arbitrary?

Sorry, I just felt compelled to say something on the foundational topic that is, the chopping off of tips of dicks :P There are medical reasons why this can be beneficial / necessary. I can attest to this as I had to have it done later in life. Not saying you should go about it willy-nilly mind you, no pun intended :D

You can see it, in their eyes.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them